most over-appreciated juventus all time 11 (1 Viewer)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
players who get more credit or accolades than they actually deserved as far as their juventus careers are concerned..for the purpose of being specific,lets keep it to the accolades given to them by juventus fans only.

id get a lot of shit for this,but i think one of such players would be zidane.he entered a different level when he joined real madrid,which is where he became the best in the world without a question.IMHO i dont think he was all that god-like at juventus.good yes,oustanding no.

and yes,i know i dont get any marks for being original as far as the thread title is concerned.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
Ibrahimovic never lived up to his potential in his Juve days.. Saying that, i have to give him credit for his first season where he enternained and scored goals.

Carini.. he is another one that didnt live up to Juve's expectations, before he moved to Inter.

Salas is another star that never shined.. his spell at juve was cursed with injuries.. and he never emerged from them.

Di vaio.. i honestly think that this guy could've done alot with Juve.. he was never given enough playing time.. but on the other hand, he didnt convince when he played.

Miccoli.. Played an excellent season when he was loaned to Perugia.. but when he came back he was never the player he used to be.. played well again when he was loaned to Fiorentina, but Capello wasnt convinced with him so he loaned him to Benfica.

Legrotalia.. i know im not supposed to say this... but Juve fans expected alot from this guy when he came from Chievo in 2002 (i think it was?).. but everytime he played, he screwd up our defence... loaned and brought back.. lets see if he can live up to his potential in Seria B.

Davids.. some ppl might disagree with this.. but we expected alot from this guy.. i know he was excellent in games,... but just crap in others.. i miss him sometimes though.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
salman said:
players who get more credit or accolades than they actually deserved as far as their juventus careers are concerned..for the purpose of being specific,lets keep it to the accolades given to them by juventus fans only.

id get a lot of shit for this,but i think one of such players would be zidane.he entered a different level when he joined real madrid,which is where he became the best in the world without a question.IMHO i dont think he was all that god-like at juventus.good yes,oustanding no.

and yes,i know i dont get any marks for being original as far as the thread title is concerned.

Zidane? :disagree:

I would say Pessotto, Conte, Tacchinardi, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Emerson,...

I will try to remember some more...

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
Pessotto did alot to Juve.. he did live up to his potential. Conte and Tacchinardi proved themselves in numerous occasions...

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Muha said:
Pessotto did alot to Juve.. he did live up to his potential. Conte and Tacchinardi proved themselves in numerous occasions...
Tacchinardi played good only because Davids and Zidane were in midfield with him!

Pessotto did S... for Juve! He was a team-player. It was Juventus spirit, a group of players who won all those trophies between 1995-2000!

Pessotto alone didnt do Jack-shit for Juve!

OK Conte was good he isnt neither under-appreciated or over-appreciated, he was our Captain and a leader! I agree with you on him!

He was just as appreciated as he deserved!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
mark83 said:
Tacchinardi played good only because Davids and Zidane were in midfield with him!

Pessotto did S... for Juve! He was a team-player. It was Juventus spirit, a group of players who won all those trophies between 1995-2000!

Pessotto alone didnt do Jack-shit for Juve!

OK Conte was good he isnt neither under-appreciated or over-appreciated, he was our Captain and a leader! I agree with you on him!

He was just as appreciated as he deserved!
thats a big statement to say abt pesso. He was the best full back in Italy and an automatic selection for the Azzuri.
So tell me how did he do jack **** ?

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

salman said:
zidane was the best player in the world even at juventus, the fact he won the wc and euro, plus 2 scudettos, in that era of his career speaks volumes of his ability at the time. perhaps in real his amazing talent was more evident cause of the style real played when he came, but i wouldn't dare say zz got better when he came to real. a little more expressed perhaps, but not better

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
sateeh said:
thats a big statement to say abt pesso. He was the best full back in Italy and an automatic selection for the Azzuri.
So tell me how did he do jack **** ?

Best full-back? :tdown:

I dont think so!

He had 18 appearances for Italy, and most of them were as a substitute!

Are you trying to tell me that he was better full-back than Paolo Maldini?! :disagree:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
vlatko said:
zidane was the best player in the world even at juventus, the fact he won the wc and euro, plus 2 scudettos, in that era of his career speaks volumes of his ability at the time. perhaps in real his amazing talent was more evident cause of the style real played when he came, but i wouldn't dare say zz got better when he came to real. a little more expressed perhaps, but not better

Totally agree!

:agree:

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
If anything underapprciated
he wasnt given playing time and he was always amazing. i remember in 2 games in a row he had 6 or 7 assists and a goal. his best week by far. vs olympiakos then on the weekend vs parma

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I'm trying things :D

PS we should stop now, cause we might get a warning for 'off topic' convo.

C'est la juventuz forums, man :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)