most over-appreciated juventus all time 11 (2 Viewers)

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
i don't get it ... in the most under-appreciated thread there was Tachi ... and here i find Tachi too ... people make up your mind it's either here or there :D ..

IMO .. Tachi shouldn't be here ..

Also goes for emerson .. even though i think his place is here..

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Omair said:
i don't get it ... in the most under-appreciated thread there was Tachi ... and here i find Tachi too ... people make up your mind it's either here or there :D ..

IMO .. Tachi shouldn't be here ..

Also goes for emerson .. even though i think his place is here..

Tacchi Definitely belongs here, people do have different opinions, you know?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Van Der Sar was indeed one of the most overrated plaer we got and payed that...
he joined Juve at his worst period in his carrier,
lets define a little bit what this overapreciated means.

Does it means, that:
-he was considered to be better than he really was while playing with us? (Inzaghi)
-he was considered to be good before he joined Juve but failed to live up to the expectations? (VDS,Salas)
-He did well, but we, the Juve fans, overrated his value?

Zidanne cannot be considered over-appreciated-rated, since he was by the time he joined Juve a good promising star and developed to one of the best players ever, i agree though, that by the end of his carrier, although being one of the best players in the world, he didnt offer to Juve that much,
Neddy came with much less expectations and offered more...

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Cronios said:
Van Der Sar was indeed one of the most overrated plaer we got and payed that...
he joined Juve at his worst period in his carrier,
lets define a little bit what this overapreciated means.

Does it means, that:
-he was considered to be better than he really was while playing with us? (Inzaghi)
-he was considered to be good before he joined Juve but failed to live up to the expectations? (VDS,Salas)
-He did well, but we, the Juve fans, overrated his value?

Zidanne cannot be considered over-appreciated-rated, since he was by the time he joined Juve a good promising star and developed to one of the best players ever, i agree though, that by the end of his carrier, although being one of the best players in the world, he didnt offer to Juve that much,
Neddy came with much less expectations and offered more...

:agree:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Definately Balzaretti and Maresca.

Though I was(am) a Maresca groupie myself.

Edit: Palladino also seems to be somewhat overappreciated at the moment.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Dominic said:
Definately Balzaretti and Maresca.

Though I was(am) a Maresca groupie myself.

Edit: Palladino also seems to be somewhat overappreciated at the moment.

:agree:

Definitely, Palladino hasnt even scored a goal for Juve, but people like him cause he said beautiful things about Juve and he is loyal.

But thats not enough, I want him to show me what he s got on a pitch to impress me!

Balza is an average player.

I consider Chiellini as a much better player. He will shine!

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #30
    i think some people are confused about whats an over appreciated player.

when you call someone like conte,tacchinardi,legro,salas,blasi,appiah etc over appreciated,it means that they did NOT deserve all the accolades that they got from juventus fans.and tbh,people like conte and tacchinardi are a lot shot from being overappreciated.they are underappreciated if anything.

i said it in my first post,and ill say it again :

an over appreciated player would be one who you feel does/did not deserve the praise he got from juventus fan.

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #31
    roberto baggio anyone?

im not questioning his skill.but his commitment to juventus.ive read in more than one place,and heard by quite a few people that he was never a true juventini and even during his days at juventus,he didnt really feel too strongly about the club.i dont know if its true,but if it is,then he guess he MIGHT be somewhat over-appreciated too.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    salman said:
    i think some people are confused about whats an over appreciated player.

when you call someone like conte,tacchinardi,legro,salas,blasi,appiah etc over appreciated,it means that they did NOT deserve all the accolades that they got from juventus fans.and tbh,people like conte and tacchinardi are a lot shot from being overappreciated.they are underappreciated if anything.

i said it in my first post,and ill say it again :

an over appreciated player would be one who you feel does/did not deserve the praise he got from juventus fan.

I know what you mean, man, and I m gonna repeat:

Tacchinardi and Pessotto did not deserve to be praised like they are!

For Conte I m not sure.

And for Blasi, Appiah, Legro, Salas, I agree on you. :tup:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Tacchinardi and Pessotto [/B]did not deserve to be praised like they are!

For Conte I m not sure.

And for Blasi, Appiah, Legro, Salas, I agree on you. :tup:
    I'm ok with Tacchinardi and Pessotto, even though I consider them as loyal servants. This happens only in here but definitely not elsewhere

Blasi, Legro, Salas definitely and may I add Zlatan too the list, 16 goals in the 1st season is amazing for a foreigner, but if you behave like poop you only create negative impact for yourself. Not sure if I were to add Vieira in here too.

Appiah? Well if only he is played in his correct position he will be an entirely different player.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    ppl added Blasi...many ppl didnt expect much of him.Most ppl in here dont consider him as juve material although i think hes a good player and if he was given the right chance with the rigth circumstance he could be a very good one.

abt Baggio, well on the field he had performances that proved that the apprecietion from the fans was justified.

EDIT:legro for me.I had some high hopes for him.When i heard he was coming i thought that this guy would be the best defender in Italy with us but he failed.
    Mybe also salas and VDS

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Kind of interesting how the same names seems to pop up from the other thread.

Emerson, Maresca, Zlatan, Appiah, Pessotto

In my opinion Emerson was one of our most important players during his 2 years here. It's Vieira who made him look bad the second since the bastard were so afraid of going forward, something that I think trademark Vieira as a DM. He just became another Emerson and we lost all flair.

Maresca, I don't know. I didn't think he was that fantastic with us, but I really like him as a player. I could put him on either list to be honest.

Zlatan should be here, he should be in both threads seperating the two years he spent here. Over appreciated the first year and vise verca the next. As a whole looking back, I think he was underappreciated though coming from whoever the opinions will be biased.

Appiah was under appreciated, would love for him to stay.

Pessotto is a biased subject, he doesn't belong in either.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    Bah. Pessotto? He was one of the most reliable full backs we've had in the past decade if anything, could play on either flank and even in midfield. Mot importantly he was rarely lauded as anything more than a squad player; I fail to see how he was in any way over-appreciated. Oh, and his tragic accident has no bearing on my opinion, I've been a keen admirer for ages.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    I know a former African player who played in a lower divisions in Italia, and he asked one his team-mates, who had played in Serie A for a bit, (who was a winger) the toughtest opponent he ever came across. The answer was not Moreno Torricelli, surprisngly enough, or even Amadeo Carboni for that matter, but Pessetto. Why? Because he is like a glue. Pessetto doesnt even give you a second to breathe in the match. Always one top you, and making you to force the issue.

What people IMO do not appreciate is that a lot of work of defenders are unseen. First and foremost important task is to be at a right place at right time. These elements are not entirely clear to us TV viewers but I am sure that players themselves will more than appreciate it. There is a reason despite the fact that Gianluca played as a regular for Juve given that (1) he never had the athleticisms of Torricelli, (2) toughness of Carboni, (3) attacking grace of Anotino Benarrivo. And not many squad players get the chance to man-mark Zinedine Zidane in a WC (France 98).

And if anything Zizou is most over appreciated players all-time for Juve. Piroetts, flicks, back-heels are all nice but they come down to nothing unless if you can put the ball back into the net. I have always appreciated the professionalism and sheer ability and class of Zizou but bringing your A game only to half the matches and infuriating consistency that may look Camo consistent, is below the standard for a player widely considered to be one of the best all time.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
    salman said:
    roberto baggio anyone?

im not questioning his skill.but his commitment to juventus.ive read in more than one place,and heard by quite a few people that he was never a true juventini and even during his days at juventus,he didnt really feel too strongly about the club.i dont know if its true,but if it is,then he guess he MIGHT be somewhat over-appreciated too.
    yeh iguess but he did well for us 115 goals, and the most appearances for one club was for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)