Momo Sissoko (5 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sissoko is acting strangely, but folks are right to say that Marotta is exacerbating the situation by talking to the media.

I'm not really sure what Momo's problem is, perhaps he is not taking kindly to being on the bench, or perhaps he's tired of the fans. Not sure.

But now we have yet another problem on our hands: a limited central midfield crew. We can't really sell Momo without acquiring another midfielder, but if we keep the player he may not help our cause whatsoever.

This is why we should have kept another midfielder this summer. I know everyone hates Poulsen for his wages, but I wish he was still on the squad. We wouldn't have to worry as much about the position. Either that, or we should have kept Ekdal. At least he's another body.

All we need now is another injury to one of these guys and we're screwed.

I guess he is upset that Poulsen had higher wages than him.
:lol:

I would trade him for Rakitic + a couple of mils.
I'm not sold on Rakitic, so I'd rather take the cash or exchange Momo for somebody with proven quality. Someone mentioned Asamoah -- I think he's pretty good. But again, we should be discussing fullbacks here.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
We seem to be wanting to get rid of our players in a funny way. Treze, Camo, Diego and so on and now we have some sort of tendency to treat Sissoko like a noone too. However despite a new 'system', new management.. our ethics have been pretty much the same for the past number of seasons.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Sissoko attacks Juventus

Momo Sissoko has launched a stinging attack on Juventus after he was accused of showing a lack of respect towards the club.

The Mali international midfielder looks set to leave Turin after falling out of favour this season.

Speaking to the French version of Football 365, he said: “I have never shown a lack of respect to anyone, above all towards the fans who have always supported and encouraged me even when I was playing badly.

“As for Juve, the directors have wanted to sell me since the beginning of the season, at times trying to insert me into deals that I didn't like. They offered me to Wolfsburg as part of a deal for Edin Dzeko.

“When the competition is healthy, I have no problems. But this isn't the case at Juve. Gigi Del Neri only pays attention to me and says 'hi' when he needs me. Otherwise I don't figure in his calculations. I don't want to start an argument, but I am not a mercenary.

“If someone did show a lack of respect it was the Juventus directors towards me and not vice-versa. They know that they made a mistake towards me and now they have invented the story that I didn't play against Napoli because I refused to do so. But it's completely false.

“If I didn't play it's because my quads were inflamed and I didn't want to risk hurting myself. One day I am sellable, the next day I am not. Felipe Melo is suspended for three matches and I am no longer on the market. You don't do things this way.

“There are clubs interested in me, but Juventus only want to give me the blame for the two consecutive defeats,” Sissoko concluded.

http://www.football-italia.net/jan11e.html

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The man has some point I'm afraid. Marotta criticizing Sissoko publicly was lame and unprofessional.

Now look how things are going, Sissoko couldn't stay quiet either and hits back at Marotta. Very unprofessional move from our supposed to stay quiet director Beppe.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
As for Juve, the directors have wanted to sell me since the beginning of the season, at times trying to insert me into deals that I didn't like. They offered me to Wolfsburg as part of a deal for Edin Dzeko.

But this isn't the case at Juve. Gigi Del Neri only pays attention to me and says 'hi' when he needs me. Otherwise I don't figure in his calculations.
Typical examples of unprofessionalism from the samp-brothers. I guess it explains sissoko's form, not a reason, but it could very well be, I know if I was a player, whose been here for several seasons and still a rotation player, treated like this would certainly have an affect on morale/performances.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
TBH I am not impressed by Marotta and Delneris way of handling things.
They managed to piss off Diego, Giovinco, the fans (by getting rid of Trezeguet), now they are looking to piss off Sissoko as well.

They really don't know how to handle things, except Cassano...

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Still that doesnt makes sense why he's been crap for this season and last season.
it does, different tactic (since he isn't known to be a good passer) didn't get the best out of him. last year everyone was poor and well if these things really have took place then I can understand his lack of self believe. Getting treated like that isn't to get the best out of yourself and effects your self believe which results in your effort in the pitch...

Foolish comments of Marotta probably cost us another 5 million.
I think you're right.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Different tactics? He used to be a striker, he also played as a defender when he was young and now he is a dm. I expect him to be versatile and play in different formations and tactics, about the menthal issue i agree, He also said that the ramadan had a big influence in that, i'm still looking for the article about him being depressed

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So much for DN's great relationship with his players.

Not that I've been a big fan of Momo recently, but this sort of unprofessionalism is the type to really destroy the morale of a team.

If that's how these guys operate, then the Samp brothers can head back to where they came from.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
This is probably our board's fault to treat him bad this way, but after it is brought to the media, and since Momo isn't doing good, it's time to get rid of him, the sooner the better..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)