Momo Sissoko (8 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Sissoko was very good, i m worried though, that the black ninja's appearance might intimidate Zanetti, as he is not performing well around Sissoko, he may feel threatened, or envious about Sissoko's physical skills.
Whatever Sissoko was great and it seems that he is rapidly learning the ropes.
He is one one the very rare rapid and physical DMs we ever had.
I only hope that he will live up to his potential and be more consistent than Nocerino.
Its not his job to solve our creativity problems, but he is not as bad as people who watched EPL much said.
He has a good soft touch and swift pass, he is calm at extreme situations and always tricky going forward, he has the instincts of a libero and he tends to draw deep back as our last stopper, when the situation calls.
CR must treat him very wise, use/feed his ambition but do not let him to feel secure.
Sissoko wants to prove his worth now, he gives his all, as long as he does that, CR may reward him with a starter place, but i have seen Sissoko been lazy in Pool and NT, when this happens, the Tinkerman should use competition.
Sissoko has an eye for crosses and opening the game, he has not a very good long ball precision though and thats a real problem in EPL, since they tend to abuse long balls there. In Italy though, Sissoko may keep it nice and easy, swift, short and secure passes to our wingers may give birth to some decent counterattacks.

Sidindi

Jan 18, 2008
ok guys I was on the record about a month ago that he was not a good buy. i said that he would be good for now, for a defensive minded DM, and that once we stop rebuilding we will be out of place (Appiah anyone?). i still contend that only time will tell. i didn't think that we should have given money to liverpool to keep mascherano, as he is what we really needed. seeing as he was never gonna be let go by liverpool (i thought there was a slimmest of chances ok?) sissoko is actually proving his worth. i hope he develops beyond the destroying though. if so, and we do have a vieira-esque player on our hands...we are winners ladies and gentlemen. what to do with nocerino though? he could still have potential...

back to momo, however: he still needs time and polish. but, he is proving to be what the doctor ordered for the hole in the midfield. for now. he needs to click a lot better with the likes of camoranesi and whoever is acting like an AM up front. IF we ever get a diego/VdV or something with that role, Momo developing chemistry with such a player will be crucial. very likely it will work though, because they will start from scratch. could be quite exciting.
like i said, still has a ways to go. being 23, seeming to fit italian football, and this good already time is on his side.
i love his attitude for sure though!

god i really hope and pray he will develop with this team....towards better, not ranieri (used as an adjective/adverb here).

P.S.: if all goes as planned, and this is the WORST momo will play (meaning he will develop, get better, get more settled...call it what you want), is there anyone you still would want to replace him with? And/Or: who would you think we need to complement him to take this team to the next level/start playing football again. (TAKE RANIERI OUT OF THE EQUATION).

Clearly not Diarra?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
forza the black ninja!! another good performance today.

we are going to have a truly dominating player in Sissoko in our midfield. imagine a fully adapted Sissoko next to a creative midfielder (Diego/Giovinco).... we would have a truly terror striking duo. Sissoko will look 10 times better than he is now next to a good passer of the ball.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
By the way, I would like to use this moment to tell anyone who was against Sissoko's signing, thrashing his abilities and calling him Sissucko/Shitsoko to soap it.

:soapit:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)