Momo Sissoko (7 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Proud of him to bits. His limitations are still there ofcourse and he has one really awful game of showing them all, but mostly he has been beyond inspired. Its amazing to see that despite how aggressive and hard his tackles are, how they almost all are perfectly clean and smooth tackles. Brilliant destroyee.

But ofcourse most importantly, his uncanny physical attributes that was the reason I hold a little glimmer of hope of us signing him for that much dough. Its bewildering to see last night or like the game against Torino (where he was sole DM), how much ground he covers ALL on his own. I seen him relentlessly chase the ball sideways through the pitch when the opposition pass between eachother, and eventually win it, stopped many counters on his own. If gets refined and uses his limited skill effectively(has brainfarts and makes some really retarded passes, limits his attempts or improve on it), he will be a true force.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
Mar 5, 2006
I rarely post and I would still admit I'm a hypocrite. Because I myself was almost fully against his signing and am very much disappointed when his signature was inevitable. However being hypocrites isnt all that bad afterall. I love being wrong at times and clearly Sissoko has proved me just that. Though i still wouldnt jump up high and celebrate the fact that he has been playing well these few games of late. Never liked getting too high an expectation.
I have to admit i once thought Zlatan was going to be our future but he didnt. So i dont want to jinx Momo. Yet you still have to admit the way Sissoko is playing is very much prone to mistakes. Especially the passings be it short or long balls. No matter how much credit we give him that criticism for me will always be there. A midfielder can never truly be a midfielder unless he bucks up on the passes. He has to improve his intelligence and sometimes even dictates the tempo. We Juventus plays alot of counterattacking style and most of the time the first person to get the ball would be the DM for him to judge how it should be played, whether down the center or the flanks. He has vast lots to improve in those area. Because as long as Sissoko cant pass the ball nicely he might as well become a centerback. The only reason he's still playing in midfield is his unlimited loads of energy and it would only go to waste.
It is clearly we brought him in the squad to defend. Then again our defense sucks this season (comparing to the days of glory) so Sissoko got to impress by saving our asses a couple of times. Thats good. However i'm pretty sure one day we will have a world class defensive back line again. It would only go to waste to put an all out defensive midfielder in the squad when we can have someone who can defend a little bit with much more creativity in the midfield. Afterall we are playing with a 4 man defense and i always hate to see a classy football club such as Juventus themselves playing with an all in defensive tactic.
Thus let there be praises and save some for criticism. Thats just me. Am still not fully satisfied with him. Comparing him with De Rossi he is still far from fantastic. Not forgetting that De Rossi was already impressing at a younger age

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
Mar 5, 2006
Proud of him to bits. His limitations are still there ofcourse and he has one really awful game of showing them all, but mostly he has been beyond inspired. Its amazing to see that despite how aggressive and hard his tackles are, how they almost all are perfectly clean and smooth tackles. Brilliant destroyee.

But ofcourse most importantly, his uncanny physical attributes that was the reason I hold a little glimmer of hope of us signing him for that much dough. Its bewildering to see last night or like the game against Torino (where he was sole DM), how much ground he covers ALL on his own. I seen him relentlessly chase the ball sideways through the pitch when the opposition pass between eachother, and eventually win it, stopped many counters on his own. If gets refined and uses his limited skill effectively, he will be a true force.
Its inspiring to see someone work so hard. And Juventus loves it. We've already seen them in the likes of Edgar Davids, Pavel Nedved and Mauro Camoranesi. Would be great to see it once again in Sissoko. It is a good thing to intimidate your opponents showing how much stamina u have and forcing them into making mistakes. But i've never really appreciate someone wasting away his energy for no reason. Thus sometimes he does runs around like an idiot for me. My reason is no matter how much stamina one has, he is bound to get tired. Even Gattuso who works like an engine. There are times when you see him all fatigued. Less energy, less composure thus more mistakes. Sissoko tried TOO hard to impress at the start of his first few games and mistakes come. It excites me to watch Sissoko work although deep inside there's somehow a small pinch of fear.

Gotta learn to think Mohammed :)

Apr 19, 2007
I thought he played very well against genoa. He had a few very nice turns. I think he is gaining confidence and the more confidence the better he will be. Also I agree with Codina he needs to play smarter than he is now. The good side is if he cought out of position he has the ability to make up ground quick.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
you know, I thought about alot and I think that it's not a stretch of the imagination to say we can play a diamond midfield formation with Sissoko as the sole DMF and a Diego type AMF and 2 winger....provided we sort out the defense issues. We've seen how well Sissoko bosses midfields on his own. The guy does the work of 2 DMFs really. And get this, we are talking about a guy who is still getting used to our league, our style of play, our language..etc. I can only be excited to think what a mature and experienced Sissoko would be like.

so say we get someone like Zapata or a fit Andrade back. and we play this:

Zebina---Zapata----Chiellini---De Ceglie

----------------Black ninja--------------

Badass--------Diego/VDV--------------the midget

of course in this system we would need our wingers to track back and help the defense. Camo does that, but the question is can the midget do it? (or another winger for that matter?)

what do you guys think? would it work?

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i never commented on his signing but after seeing him play the past few matches i've noticed that he actually hustles in the middle. he runs back and steals balls and helps out the defense which speaks volumes about his dedication and himself as a person/player.

aside from his physical attributes and skills, his play has been impressive and positive.

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Sounds fair to me. Anyway, I don't think that Giovinco or Piatti can do a defensive work; especially Piatti, who plays more like a fw in Estudiantes.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
The guy is a freaking warrior out there. I'm so happy he's found his form and that it was at Juve that he has found it. The crowd is behind him; with every touch the crowd cheers him.

Forza Momo!

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Momo was a great transfer! We were all sceptical (me included) whether or not Sisso could adapt to the more delicate and more technical game of serie-a but he did great! He is awesome, really, i don't think i've ever seen someone working that hard, running back that much and stealing balls (!) like him. Surprisingly, he makes not many fouls too. I'd expected him to get booked/red cards way more often, but he prooved me wrong!
He's becoming one of the driving forces of juve, and the crowd is going crazy for him, everytime he wins the ball. Plus, he's 22, and i think he still has a lot of capacity to get better technically, and to get a little more clever too.
No matter how bad our BOD is, this signing was worth it!!

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Im glad Sissoko's proven so many people(including me) wrong.Just like in Iaquinta's case.I think the next time we want to see a new signing do good for us,lets bash him to bits.That scheme seems to be working for us these days.

So screw you Mellberg!:D

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
I am really positivily surprised by the performence of Momo, he has been outstanding in teh last couple of matches.. he is everywhere and has great physical presence. He proved me wrong..

Forza Momo Forza juve:flag2:

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
Im glad Sissoko's proven so many people(including me) wrong.Just like in Iaquinta's case.I think the next time we want to see a new signing do good for us,lets bash him to bits.That scheme seems to be working for us these days.

So screw you Mellberg!:D
I second that. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)