Moment of Clarity (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Seven and Dan, have any of you studied the different religions? Have any of you studied the Qur'an? If you haven't, do not assume things about it. Such as it was written by men ("lunatics") who claimed to have spoken to God, etc. And Seven, the reason why you're against religion is very clear, you're a 'rebel' to who knows what cause. The last thing you would probably want are rules to follow.

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #83
    Well I have studied many religions, including Islam, and I have found that there are many parallels in a lot of them.

Also, I do not think that Seven and I are against religion, we I am, but an easy explanation is, if one is not brought up in a religious family, as I was not, they will be able to think for themselves. It is through this thinking that most people come to the conclusion that there is no God, or at least do not move toward religion.

OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #85
    4 years at Catholic school, 4 required courses on Theology, Catholicism, Christianity, and World Religions.

World religions and Theology both talked in depth about all religions, the other two explain themselves. :rolleyes:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    :D

it takes more than just that. if you really seek answers, you have to go into depth. I'm not saying you don't know anything, but what you've learned is just surface stuff. Check my earlier message, i'll pm you some reading (online reading) if you're interested.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    I'm not trying to make an affect on you, nor trying to convert you. What am trying to do is, to give you some information, so you can firmly say what ever you're saying right now. If you don't than you have no basis for making all these asumptions. This is like arguing the world is flat, but refusing to sail out to prove it.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    ßömßärdiër said:
    Well, I am going to believe what I believe right now no matter how much I read or don't read.

No offence, it just is what it is, plus i'm wasted.
    Dont call it a moment of clarity then...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Zé Tahir said:
    Seven and Dan, have any of you studied the different religions? Have any of you studied the Qur'an? If you haven't, do not assume things about it. Such as it was written by men ("lunatics") who claimed to have spoken to God, etc. And Seven, the reason why you're against religion is very clear, you're a 'rebel' to who knows what cause. The last thing you would probably want are rules to follow.
    Whatever. The Qu'ran was written by MAN. End of story.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Desmond said:
    So where do Holy Wars fit in? The great Crusade? Vanquishing the Infidels?
    where exactly did you see them in Bible?where exactly did you see Jesus talking about "holly wars" if you show me that,where exactly did you see Jesus supporting fight.would you show me that?It's easy to throw worthless comments these days :confused:

Aug 1, 2003
    Should have a bet on how many pages long this thread'll be :D

Im sure those of us who believe in religions respect your views on it, Burke. But Ze Tahir has a point; in your own words:

"Then I thought about it from a religious point of view. Where in the Bible or Qu'an does it talk about space and the millions of galaxys some spirit created in addition to ours? Then I thought, ohh wait, it doesn't."

Whereas, had you read the Quran (and that is the essence of Islamic studies); you would've known that the Quran does mention space, astronomy, and things related to it, thats all. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)