Moggi Will Announce Something Big (3 Viewers)

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I am really sick about "sommething big" sh!#

maybe Moggi will announce he transferred

Roman Abramovich from Chelsea.....guess what...

with free transfered :D:D:D:D:D

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by rainhard ] ++
I am really sick about "sommething big" sh!#

maybe Moggi will announce he transferred

Roman Abramovich from Chelsea.....guess what...

with free transfered :D:D:D:D:D
Heh heh... yeah... as a "Chief Assistant to the Transfer Guru on Financing Issues" :D

juventus2

Jul 6, 2004
GOAL.com

Your Views: Moggi - Transfer Guru Or Transfer Lucky?
7/28/2004 4:05:00 PM
Italy's most famous transfer strategist is being questioned by his own fans whether he still got it or not. After surprisingly bringing Fabio Capello to Juve, in what was hailed as an act of genius after creating a smoke-screen to deflect the media attention away from the former Roma coach, Moggi sold fan favourite Enzo Maresca to bitter rivals Fiorentina. So we ask you, is Moggi really that transfer guru everyone wants us to believe he is or is he over rated? Let us know at [email protected]!
Following Enzo Maresca’s sale from Juventus to Fiorentina, many bianconeri fans have been questioning Luciano Moggi’s transfer policies after years of blind faith in what is considered in Italy as the transfer guru of Serie A.

Maresca was a big fan favourite in Turin thanks to his excellent ball skills, which even pushed Gianluca Zambrotta to compare the Italian midfielder to a former great Juve player: Zinedine Zidane.

So what was the motivation behind such a sale? Ok, it’s a co-ownership deal which means that Maresca can still be brought back to Juve just like Adriano from Parma to Inter last January. But this also means that if Maresca does play well for Fiorentina, as everyone expects him to do, Juve will have to fork out at least double what they received from the Viola for half of his ownership (2m Euros).

So did Moggi really lose it in this instance or is there some hidden reason which we cannot see? One thing that springs to mind is maybe Maresca’s behaviour which at times might be a bit eccentric…maybe too much for the current Old Lady’s style of discipline. A clear example would be Maresca’s famous bull imitation two years ago after scoring a late equalizer for the bianconeri against Torino, which angered the Granata’s players and fans, turning him into their number one most hated player.

That could be a reason; another might be Maresca not signing the new contract under the conditions imposed by the Juventus directors, which meant less money than the player expected.

At 24 years of age, Maresca is still considered as one of Italy’s most promising hot prospects, and seeing the lack of quality midfielders in the Azzurri national team, the former Juve player could easily command such a position in Lippi’s Italian team.

Still, this doesn’t answer the question most Juve fans have on their mind: why was he sold? Only Moggi could answer that, but only time will tell if he was right in writing off such a player. By the end of next season, the bianconeri supporters will either be hailing Moggi as a genius or as incompetent, depending on how Maresca fares.

Hereunder are your views on the above subject:

He is an interesting person. He is doing everything in secret. If he says he will sign Vieri it means he wants Gilardino. He is really good at his job. I am sure he will soon bring some fantastic players in Juve. It is hard to understand him but it doesnt matter because he is the best.
Gergely Kulcsár (Hungarian Juve supporter)

There was a time when Moggi could be considered a genius. However, this is clearly a man who started to believe this title a bit too much. Juve’s current problems are simple, and the solutions are simple as well. Yet we Juve fans sit back this summer and watch as young, top, quality defenders go to every club but ours. We watch as hardworking, effective midfielders Davids and Maresca are treated deplorably and traded to our rivials without a hint of who might replace them. We watch with mouths agape as Trezeguet, who had but one good season with us, is given the contract of his dreams, yet we feel free to trade back-up Di Vaio away to Spain. Moggi has promised us a ’big surprise’ to come. Lately, I’m beginning to feel his definition of ’surprise’ is to hide on your stoop in the dark and then lunge out with a knife when you get home. A genius? Hardly. He’s half the man he used to be, and not even close to what he believes himself to be.
Jules, Ontario, Canada

Moggi past has shown that he is the man of the transfer business, but in the past 2 seasons he hasn’t got a single succesful signing (except Camoranessi whose skills were a pleasant surprise to all of us ), I mean Zalayeta, Moretti, Fresi, Baiocco, Legrotallie and Olivera are all in my view failure signings with all due respect to the mentioned names. And till now he hasn’t signed a single player to correct the mistake that happened last season in particular in the defense department and above all they have let Davids go!! Then Di Vaio and Maresca who were the best Juve players of the disastrous season of 2003-2004 which I really hope to forget.

Juve need world class defenders, Moggi has passed on Samuel, Lucio, Mexes, Ferrari and Carvalho this summer and 2 years ago they passed on Ferdinand, Nesta and Canavaro. What I mean is yes he does surprise us but not always in a pleasant way. All I hope for is to work out and sign some of these quality players that Juve needs like Emerson, Jankloviski, Gilardino, Oddo, Bonera, Diego, Cordoba...."these guys are what is left so hurry Luciano!"
Yousef T. (Kuwait)

I think he is losing his touch. He has signed some great players and some horrible players. I never understood why Marcelo Salas was signed. And why sell Di Vaio so cheap? Also he has sold Maresca and it is rumoured Brighi might join Roma in exchange for Emerson. He is selling all the young Italian talent from the club and signing players who are quite old. Juventus should have bought Cassano before he went to Roma. That was a horrible mistake. I hope he redeems himself by signing Gilardino and Bonera this season and not allowing them to go to Roma.
Varun Sadh

I think the idea that Luciano Moggi has lost his touch in the transfer market is just ridiculous. The fact that Maresca was a fan favorite is irrelevant, the guy was absolutely horrible on the pitch. However, Maresca is young so there is still time for him to improve, which makes Moggi’s decision to do a part-ownership with Fiorentina all the more ingenius. Adriano ring a bell? Inter worked out a part-ownership deal with Parma and once Adriano came into his own they brought him back to Milan immediately. The same could happen with Maresca if he performs well at Fiorentina. The luring of Capello to Turin also shows that Moggi has still got it as a negotiator. Moggi still knows how to acquire the best too, as shown by the capture of the impressive Roma defender Zebina and the Euro starlet Jankulovski. Plus I think Moggi is not done yet with Emerson, Wiltord, Ze Maria, Dacourt as possible targets. So, to answer your question I think Moggi is still the same transfer guru of years past.
Vishnu Pillai

Moggi is a transfer guru.... Everyone thinks Maresca is so good just because they look at his good performances but what about bad ones-(plenty). Just wait and see what Moggi will do about the midfield:

AM and LM-->occupied by the always brilliant Nedved

2 CMs-->Appiah, Emerson, Tachinardi, Chinelli (Maresca)-->there are obviously the ’’extra’’ midfielders

RM--> Camoronesi,Oliviera

This strategy is odviously brillant
Arnold Tan

Personally I think that Moggi is very sleezy and sneaky with his deals as Emerson should’ve been sold upwards of 15 million pounds but all Roma are going to get is around 8 million pounds plus Brighi. This happened because Moggi had a verbal agreement with Emerson which i believe is very sus. Roma could’ve sold him to Real Madrid for a larger transfer fee but Emerson and Moggi wanted to play around with Roma so Emerson said he’ll only leave for Juve. Another factor with Moggi is how he got Capello behind Roma’s backs which is just wrong. Being a Roma fan, I really dislike Juventus and I am disgusted by the way they treat Roma. Trust me this Italian still has it and will continue to annoy clubs for the future.
Joffa

Pure genius. He is always looking far down the road and planning for the long term. His moves are always investments and he leaves options for the club and the players with loans and part ownership deals when possible. He is also not often swayed by romantic notions. Moggi still has it.
Brian

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
I don't want to alarm anybody but I just read in marca.com that Roma sign Gilardino :wallbang:.... I reeeeally hope this is just a roumor, coz I'll be veeeeery mad if its true....

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
I don't want to alarm anybody but I just read in marca.com that Roma sign Gilardino :wallbang:.... I reeeeally hope this is just a roumor, coz I'll be veeeeery mad if its true....
Can't find anything in Italian about that, only that Brighi has officially signed for Roma but will probably go to Chievo in exchange for Perrotta.

Jan 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by juventus2 ] ++
Pure genius. He is always looking far down the road and planning for the long term. His moves are always investments and he leaves options for the club and the players with loans and part ownership deals when possible. He is also not often swayed by romantic notions. Moggi still has it.
Brian
so right.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by juventus2 ] ++
Brian
i won't refute that until the transfer window is officially over,but the way it's going now this is a lie.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I still believe in Moggi acumen but he is too much soaked up in his hype. I am beginning to feel that he is acting as if he is bigger than the club. If we have a poor season this year, which I mean finishing 3rd and getting knocked out in CL without a fight, he has to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)