Mirko Vučinić (10 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
You misunderstood my sarcasm.
I said that people around here admit his importance only when he plays a monster match, like the ones vs Milan and Fiorentina. For nobody else such performances are required. Looks like only for him the bar is set so high.
:agree:

if we didn't have mirko trying to do something rather the conventional passing around opposing defenses would have a much easier time killing our attacks. he might fail when doing it, but he draws players to himself and he has superb movement even when he has an off day.

lets not forget who was the architect behind our current resurgence, either. i'm not saying mirko did it all, but his performances were definitely the main contribution to us turning the tide in the last month.

Buy on AliExpress.com

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
P.S: Of course, in all those threads the critics come from the same people. It's always the same people who find reasons to attack Pepe. Then another group is always there to jump on Mirko, a third group is always ready to jump on Marchisio, the Del Piero groupie is day and night on Conte's back etc.
Only those in Marchisio and Vidal's thread are always the same :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That was a real poor analogy Alen, and I get being against unwarranted criticism (though dont see it that much this thread), but surely you yourself want to improve on Vucinic too? Talking about it early on is just natural because we have been talking about possible transfers and positions to improve on all season. I would improve on the other two in the attack before I did on him, but he has too important of a role for what he can handle, and needs to be upgraded on (can play with markee players uptop, but not be the markee one himself).

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
lets not forget who was the architect behind our current resurgence, either. i'm not saying mirko did it all, but his performances were definitely the main contribution to us turning the tide in the last month.
That's his role in the team, he's supposed to be the attacking catalyst from his position. It's quite obvious he didn't do it all, but it's painfully obvious when he isn't doing it, because of the way our team is reliant on attacks from that side (and Pirlo).

What I appreciate most about Vucinic this season is how he has generally been a harder worker under Conte than I've see him before, he does a good job patrolling that flank. Anyone knows he has ability, but he hasn't just been given a free role to do what he wants all season, which needs noting.

In terms of the game yesterday it was regular Vucinic, annoying but important. Annoying because he rarely does the orthodox thing. He misses the chance to hit two obvious through balls early, then he makes a more difficult killer pass to Caceres. Next he'll pass up a shooting opportunity to try a complex 1-2. It continues like this, he plays his own game. Then he'll pull something out of his ass like the long short versus Milan. But he doesn't do that every week or even most weeks, his shooting is generally quite abysmal anywhere around the area, so he tends to revert to his 'pick and roll' passes with Marchisio or the forward. His unpredictability is a weapon but also no guarantee so becomes frustrating up to the point something comes off. Seems like you Balkan boys are more tolerant to this type of player than I and others might be :D

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
The only thing that pisses me off about Mirko is that he never ever seems move beyond a disinterested jog. Even when just a bit of effort would cause him to keep possession he still just meanders along. Not that I'd want another Pepe in his spot, mind you. But the man could at least put in 2 minutes of sprint work during a game.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
That's his role in the team, he's supposed to be the attacking catalyst from his position. It's quite obvious he didn't do it all, but it's painfully obvious when he isn't doing it, because of the way our team is reliant on attacks from that side (and Pirlo).

What I appreciate most about Vucinic this season is how he has generally been a harder worker under Conte than I've see him before, he does a good job patrolling that flank. Anyone knows he has ability, but he hasn't just been given a free role to do what he wants all season, which needs noting.

In terms of the game yesterday it was regular Vucinic, annoying but important. Annoying because he rarely does the orthodox thing. He misses the chance to hit two obvious through balls early, then he makes a more difficult killer pass to Caceres. Next he'll pass up a shooting opportunity to try a complex 1-2. It continues like this, he plays his own game. Then he'll pull something out of his ass like the long short versus Milan. But he doesn't do that every week or even most weeks, his shooting is generally quite abysmal anywhere around the area, so he tends to revert to his 'pick and roll' passes with Marchisio or the forward. His unpredictability is a weapon but also no guarantee so becomes frustrating up to the point something comes off. Seems like you Balkan boys are more tolerant to this type of player than I and others might be :D
you're right. :p i do think that what he's attempting to do is of great importance to the team. this season, the rest of our team works hard enough to grant our most creative and technical player absolute power to do whatever he wants. again i'd like to point to the performances we had when mirko was out. good lord it was stale.

The only thing that pisses me off about Mirko is that he never ever seems move beyond a disinterested jog. Even when just a bit of effort would cause him to keep possession he still just meanders along. Not that I'd want another Pepe in his spot, mind you. But the man could at least put in 2 minutes of sprint work during a game.
he generally has world class movement in attack, frustrated the defence with his runs. i do not know what you'er taking but scale down the dosage.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Plays better in 433 when he cuts in from the left, would rather DP or Matri with 352
That's what I was trying to say. :tup:

Doesn't do as well playing more central.

---------- Post added 08.04.2012 at 10:41 ----------

There are some threads where the amount of criticism is unwarranted. In juventuz this season, those threads are Vucinic's, Marchisio's, Conte's and Pepe's. The only player who did deserve the strong criticism earlier this season was Bonucci.

P.S: Of course, in all those threads the critics come from the same people. It's always the same people who find reasons to attack Pepe. Then another group is always there to jump on Mirko, a third group is always ready to jump on Marchisio, the Del Piero groupie is day and night on Conte's back etc.
:agree:

Well said.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Palermo didn't even cross the half line in the first half and our defenders weren't even needed.

The Sicilians played a bunker. We tried to break it but the only one who achieved to do it in the first half was Mirko. All the others were shooting from distance. He created great chances, especially the one for Caceres with that great ball above the defense line. The only way to break that Palermo was with such a pass or by dribbling your way. Noone else tried to do it but Mirko.
If nothing else, we actually need more such players who try to make something happen.
I didn't see it that way actually. Just because there wasn't much attacking play from Palermo didn't mean Bonnucci and Chiellini were not involved in our build up play. In fact, Bonnucci's darting run and two long ball passes, both to Quag were in the first half. I didn't see us under overwhelming pressure in the 2nd half either except the odd chance falling Palermo's way, yet Bonnucci got on the scoresheet and had other notable involvements in the remainder of the game. So would be a tad bit unfair to take the credit away.

Anyway, this was a typical team play and you're all wrong to look at individuals. All we needed was to score and break Palermo. We were patient, we broke the deadline relatively early in the 2nd half and after that it was piss easy to play against them and show individual talent.
I kind of agree with this assessment. But the criticism for Vucinic doesn't stem from this performance alone. When people talk about how motivated he'll be when he's up against a relatively bigger team like Lazio, I think that's really sad. If you can't motivate yourself enough for every game, in a team fighting for the scudetto, then you need to be looking for work elsewhere. All references to the Coppa Milan game that are being made, further highlight the issue in this case. In close to the 35 matches that he's played, there have been much fewer performances like those, for somebody the coach chooses to have a 'guaranteed spot' on the team than there actually should be. And if this ends up being a title winning run, I think there will be a lot less emphasis on Vucinic's contribution or lack thereof when compared to the likes of Vidal, Marchisio, Pirlo and Lichsteiner. And all of them have shared the responsibility really well, though I have not felt that way about Vucinic. So while his talent may not be up for discussion, his efficacy certainly is.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
There's a difference between Del Piero and his wannabes. Deal with it.
What should I deal with? You should deal with it that Vuci is fundamental to our season success while DP did get his moments, but he's no way fundamental as Vucinic is now.

It's hilarious how DP few faints here and there gets him praise as if he is still number one. And while Vuci assists are not converted he's suddenly is having attidute problems and and can't be trusted.

I don't care, it's obvious that Vuci is fundamental to our season, that's why he gets an automatic spot. Forza Conte for utulizing the team the best he can. And so far we are first and have a good chance for scudetto so I have no problems at all with the way things are and have nothing to deal with.

---------- Post added 08.04.2012 at 21:55 ----------

You misunderstood my sarcasm.
I said that people around here admit his importance only when he plays a monster match, like the ones vs Milan and Fiorentina. For nobody else such performances are required. Looks like only for him the bar is set so high.
Because he's got attidute problems, so unless he brings a monster match every week he apparently isn't worth it.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I like Mirko. I do feel bad for him on this forum. He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't with some members.

It isn't his fault he has Pepe on one side and players like Boriello and hee-haw touch Matri wasting countless chances.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
It's hilarious how DP few faints here and there gets him praise as if he is still number one. And while Vuci assists are not converted he's suddenly is having attidute problems and and can't be trusted.
The other day when DP juggled the ball a few times and missed the net by a wide margin (with a partial overhead kick, I think) = collective swoon, one more year!, should be starting!, fuck Borriello!!!!

Vucinic makes a divine pass that Caceres bungles = lazy, inconsistent hack! fuck off back to Roma with Borriello!, 10m done deal!!!

Juventuz in action!

It's fun.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Alex also looked more threatening and had a shot on target in the few minutes he had on the pitch...what did Mirko do in his 80 other than that Caceres pass?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)