Mirko Vučinić (43 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Vulic, Zoric, Tomic and Leach, stop crying. He's a wonderful player who needs to be upgraded for the next season because he's got a crucial task which he can't/won't handle adequately/consistently especially when the team has to play in the CL.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Vulic, Zoric, Tomic and Leach, stop crying. He's a wonderful player who needs to be upgraded for the next season because he's got a crucial task which he can't/won't handle adequately/consistently especially when the team has to play in the CL.
Pepe and Matri need upgrading on before Vucinic.

Out of interest, who with Vucinic's features for under 30 million would you replace him with? Who is a realistic target?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
needs to be upgraded for the next season because he's got a crucial task which he can't/won't handle adequately/consistently especially when the team has to play in the CL.
That's what everyone wants. I personally wouldn't want our attack to depend on Vucinic next year.
And he doesn't even need to be upgraded. Buy two class players to replace the inferior Matri and Pepe, and you don't even need to change anything on the left wing.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
And why should we be dependent on Vucinic this season? Who says that we are? He's just another player in the starting XI. He cost more or less as much as the other players and he was never a player who singlehandedly wins you things. So why do you expect that from him and not from the more expensive Matri or the another 15m eur purchase, Quagliarella? Why don't you expect Pepe to singlehandedly win us the scudetto?
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but who of all the strikers did you mention have a guaranteed spot on the team like Mirko does? We expect more from him and have the right to do so, because he in your own words is 'instrumental' to our formation and our play. I keep hearing how gifted he is, and how he's the best and most takented player on this squad, and the second coming of Del Piero, so how, are we to expect him to do any less than perform at am acceptable standard? If he is not expected to win matches or have consistent match winning contributions, on what basis should he be given an unquestioned start?

None of the players you mention have been given any of the game time that Mirko has enjoyed this season, but all of them have been instrumental on a more consistent basis with their contributions. So I really don't see how you can question expectations from the one player that we have almost throughout the entire course of the season channelized our attack through.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Hey I was not even in the argument this time! :D

And I disagree. Getting a striker and a right winger for the next season are a must. I personally think we'd be good with Vucinic and with Giovinco back, no need to touch our left side.

He's here for one year only. We are not going to sell Mirko and we are not going to bench him. So you kinda have to deal with it.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Pepe and Matri need upgrading on before Vucinic.

Out of interest, who with Vucinic's features for under 30 million would you replace him with? Who is a realistic target?
Pepe and Vucinic have to be our top priorities. Thing is that there's no Pepe in a two man attack system, that's why I believe that we have to bring in a Vucinic' replacement first.

Why there has to be a price limit? Vucinic needs to be replaced with a better player, obviously, I wouldn't mind paying 30m or more for an adequate replacement.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Pepe and Vucinic have to be our top priorities. Thing is that there's no Pepe in a two man attack system, that's why I believe that we have to bring in a Vucinic' replacement first.

Why there has to be a price limit? Vucinic needs to be replaced with a better player, obviously, I wouldn't mind paying 30m or more for an adequate replacement.
I think I've crossed wires, I believe we'll play with 4-3-3 next season mostly, so we have three forward positions to potentially replace. We don't have the money to buy three upgraded players on what we have. So Pepe and Matri are much weaker than Mirko hence the priority.

If as you said we take a two man forward line and play 3-5-2 then yes, I agree we need to replace him and Suarez would be my pick :p

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

He was injured when we played that IIRC. He had that role while at Udinese.

And why the hell look at as we have 3-5-2 all the time? Our formation is 4-3-3 and that's only alternative one.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
@Nico Giacchi and Elia should have been given more opportunities to make the LW spot their own.
Giach is very good in midfield, he's looked very average when played outwide.

Elia, I'm sorry but even an off form Mirko is capable of doing things and onform Elia is not.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Hey I was not even in the argument this time! :D

And I disagree. Getting a striker and a right winger for the next season are a must. I personally think we'd be good with Vucinic and with Giovinco back, no need to touch our left side.

He's here for one year only. We are not going to sell Mirko and we are not going to bench him. So you kinda have to deal with it.
I have seen Vucinic in Roma and I know what he's been offering this season is a typical Vucinic season. I don't expect him to improve drastically on his weaknesses. Still, I'm not for selling him either. I'd try to look for replacements in the likes of Suarez/Jovetic though.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
We have a player, who every year gets stick because they expect him to do it all, I've seen posters suggest he should score 20 goals. People judge Mirko without actually watching him before moving to Juventus. They think because he can be a genius, he should be one every minute of every game. If he did that he'd be on par with Messi, and not be costing less than Matri, Amauri, Diego etc.
Oh please. Are you trying to tell me that you are satisfied with Vucinic this season? What are we expecting him to do?? You're making it sound like he's scored 15 goals and made 7 assists, and we want him to double those stats. He stands at 6 goals and what, 5 assists?! In what 32 or so matches? Are we wrong to expect more from the one player we claim has the most unique characteristics of all our forwards? The argument is so simple. He isn't Aguero or Del Piero, but he is apparently, the best player in the world on his day, and he has all the attributes for greatness, but we shouldn't expect more than what he's done this season?? Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I think I've crossed wires, I believe we'll play with 4-3-3 next season mostly, so we have three forward positions to potentially replace. We don't have the money to buy three upgraded players on what we have. So Pepe and Matri are much weaker than Mirko hence the priority.

If as you said we take a two man forward line and play 3-5-2 then yes, I agree we need to replace him and Suarez would be my pick :p
Why?

Apr 15, 2006
Giach is very good in midfield, he's looked very average when played outwide.

Elia, I'm sorry but even an off form Mirko is capable of doing things and onform Elia is not.
In would've preferred to see Elia instead of Vucinic in many of our draws. Adds an element of surprise that could've changed the game. I'm starting to think the board bought him just to troll him after his supposed comments about Juve.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
vucci is ok, but the trick to this guys, is to sell him and buy a world beater.

Thats the only way this team will really mprove some levels

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I have seen Vucinic in Roma and I know what he's been offering this season is a typical Vucinic season. I don't expect him to improve drastically on his weaknesses. Still, I'm not for selling him either. I'd try to look for replacements in the likes of Suarez/Jovetic though.
Look at his numbers at Roma, he did offer more there.

Jovetic would be prefect but hey, I don't want us to rely on Pepe on the right. Vucinic should be kept and we should bring Giovinco back.

I'm not saying Mirko is perfect, but at this point he's not the weak spot in the team at all.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Why?

Matri does not create anything nor helps the team, he's there to score goals and he's only managed 10 this year, which is quite poor. Mirko despite lacking in alot of assists(If Matri & co could finish) he'd have alot more.

Vucinic offers alot to the team.

---------- Post added 08.04.2012 at 23:17 ----------

We won't sell Vucinic and rightfully so. Our whole forward line would be sold before Mirko.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but who of all the strikers did you mention have a guaranteed spot on the team like Mirko does?
He has it because he's doing a better job than the other options. He's probably the only one who does what Conte wants. Doesn't make him a player "who must singlehandedly lead the team". The only player in our team who has that job is Pirlo because he's the only champion we have in midfield and attack (Del Piero excluded due to age)
We expect more from him and have the right to do so, because he in your own words is 'instrumental' to our formation and our play.
And he is. He creates space for all the others and makes the FORMATION work, with which his presence and characteristics make the TEAM work. Why do you think Conte plays him so much? Because he loves him, because he expects him to suddenly explode and become what he never was: a 30 goals per season striker and a player who singlehandedly wins you everything or because he sees that Mirko's presence and contribution result with a better team performance and give us so many options for different plans and plays in attack?
I keep hearing how gifted he is, and how he's the best and most takented player on this squad, and the second coming of Del Piero, so how, are we to expect him to do any less than perform at am acceptable standard?
You keep hearing that from whom? Conte, Marotta, Vucinic or Agnelli? Or you keep hearing that from a username in the forum?
If he is not expected to win matches or have consistent match winning contributions, on what basis should he be given an unquestioned start?
I don't ask for unquestioned start. I only see that Conte is giving that to him and I know it happens for a good reason.
None of the players you mention have been given any of the game time that Mirko has enjoyed this season,
Maybe they didn't deserve it?
but all of them have been instrumental on a more consistent basis with their contributions.
Ok, you just said that Del Piero and Quagliarella have been more instrumental than Mirko. Give me one serie A match in which these two were instrumental.

Lets stop kidding each other now. You just want your favorite Quag to play. You don't care if he'll do better than Vucinic or not.
I'd love Quag to play and score tons of goals too. I'd love him to be instrumental. But he obviously didn't deserve it, yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)