Mirko Vučinić (30 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
This isn't the right season to judge Vucinic.
:lol: With all that game time and talk of his world beating attributes, we still need to judge him only with better players by his side? I'm really sorry, but then by that argument, Matri could be a beast with Suarez next to him too, and not like he hasn't done the job assigned to him this season either.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Flame me or not. Mirko's performance against Milan in the Coppa, took us to the final. He was the only player on the pitch to take ownership of the game and carry the team on his shoulders.

The only player capable of doing that in our team is Del Piero.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
if Matri and Pepe are so hazardous to Mirko's play then why doesnt it reflect in the stats?

How much better than Pepe has Mirko been this year?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Flame me or not. Mirko's performance against Milan in the Coppa, took us to the final. He was the only player on the pitch to take ownership of the game and carry the team on his shoulders.

Yes, lets just reward him with a lifetime contract for that performance because he for once, lived up to our expectations. That is unfortunately the best defense anybody offers for Vucinic. Any warranted criticism coming his way is redirected to his single match winning Coppa performance. Amazing.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Why?

Matri does not create anything nor helps the team, he's there to score goals and he's only managed 10 this year, which is quite poor. Mirko despite lacking in alot of assists(If Matri & co could finish) he'd have alot more.

Vucinic offers alot to the team.

---------- Post added 08.04.2012 at 23:17 ----------

We won't sell Vucinic and rightfully so. Our whole forward line would be sold before Mirko.
So Matri's 10 goals is quite poor but Vucinic' 6 is alright? What's Vucinic' role in the team? Assisting goals? Only 5 assists vs Matri's 4? You are complaining about our other players' wastefulness while in fact this is Vucinic who's wasting the most chances in the team. Those numbers are pretty bad for both Matri and Vucinic, that's why I said our attack is the least functioning part of our team and that's where we need to improve the team on.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
if Matri and Pepe are so hazardous to Mirko's play then why doesnt it reflect in the stats?

How much better than Pepe has Mirko been this year?
Just like Mirko, Pepe is too a must starter whenever we use 4-3-3. Another player who, due to different characteristics than Mirko, though, was instrumental to our play and success.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

Giaccherini had identical game against Bologna in Coppa, wasting chances and demanding ball all match and creating a goal out of nothing in the end, only that time our defense screwed us. Most of the time Vučinič takes ownership of the ball and takes a hell lot of off-target shots and unsuccessful passes, rarely he has games like against Milan or Fiorentina. Lately he's started to make things work and I thank God for that, because when he's bad, I can't stand him, he's the most frustrating player ever.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
So Matri's 10 goals is quite poor but Vucinic' 6 is alright? What's Vucinic' role in the team? Assisting goals? Only 5 assists vs Matri's 4? You are complaining about our other players' wastefulness while in fact this is Vucinic who's wasting the most chances in the team. Those numbers are pretty bad for both Matri and Vucinic, that's why I said our attack is the least functioning part of our team and that's where we need to improve the team on.
No doubt about that, however, look at some of the games. Yesterday for example, if Quag and Caceres finished their easy chances, another two assists for Mirko.

In the Milan coppa game, Mirko to Giach and Marchisio, both missed.

So the numbers for Mirko aren't reflecting what he's doing.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
No doubt about that, however, look at some of the games. Yesterday for example, if Quag and Caceres finished their easy chances, another two assists for Mirko.

but he's lazy and inconsistent. imagine how much people would be ripping on the players who are missing chance on chance on fucking chance if only del piero was the one providing the near-assists? i hope we get a proper striker and a rw next year, thereby causing vucinic to actually get the stats he deserves for his play.

then to see his haters say that the other two are carrying him and that we can easily improve still :howler:

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
There is no doubting Mirko has been sub par, but if people actually look at who he is and what he does throughout his career they would lower their expectations, Ahmed and Hoori have it right and not expecting him to become the second coming, but they still appreciate his brilliance at times. Everyone else is biased.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

I don't base anything on those numbers, you did. My assessment of Vucinic' overall performance is based on the games I have seen of him. We missed him terribly when he was out but that more has to do with the importance of the role he's been given. I want a better player to take that role for the coming season and the refreshing challenge in the CL.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
There is no doubting Mirko has been sub par, but if people actually look at who he is and what he does throughout his career they would lower their expectations, Ahmed and Hoori have it right and not expecting him to become the second coming, but they still appreciate his brilliance at times. Everyone else is biased.
i'm not biased.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
I don't base anything on those numbers, you did. My assessment of Vucinic' overall performance is based on the games I have seen of him. We missed him terribly when he was out but that more has to do with the importance of the role he's been given. I want a better player to take that role for the coming season and the refreshing challenge in the CL.
I never doubted that, however what I doubt is the importance to sign a Matri and a Pepe replacement before replacing Mirko. Mirko is the only one in our forward line who has Champions League experience also.

---------- Post added 08.04.2012 at 23:38 ----------

The haters bro.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
He has it because he's doing a better job than the other options. He's probably the only one who does what Conte wants. Doesn't make him a player "who must singlehandedly lead the team". The only player in our team who has that job is Pirlo because he's the only champion we have in midfield and attack (Del Piero excluded due to age)

And he is. He creates space for all the others and makes the FORMATION work, with which his presence and characteristics make the TEAM work. Why do you think Conte plays him so much? Because he loves him, because he expects him to suddenly explode and become what he never was: a 30 goals per season striker and a player who singlehandedly wins you everything or because he sees that Mirko's presence and contribution result with a better team performance and give us so many options for different plans and plays in attack?

You keep hearing that from whom? Conte, Marotta, Vucinic or Agnelli? Or you keep hearing that from a username in the forum?

I don't ask for unquestioned start. I only see that Conte is giving that to him and I know it happens for a good reason.

Maybe they didn't deserve it?

Ok, you just said that Del Piero and Quagliarella have been more instrumental than Mirko. Give me one serie A match in which these two were instrumental.

Lets stop kidding each other now. You just want your favorite Quag to play. You don't care if he'll do better than Vucinic or not.
I'd love Quag to play and score tons of goals too. I'd love him to be instrumental. But he obviously didn't deserve it, yet.
:howler:

Sure, he plays coz he holds or helps the attack flow better in Conte's preferred formation, but how you assume he creates so much for the team around him? You are the resident statistician. Please have a look at his number of assists, and let's forget the handful of goals and tell me, as the focal point of our attacking play you are satisfied with that and the amount of responsibility he has taken on himself as a result of his role, that Conte has given him.

How does it matter who I, hearing it from? Whether I hear it from Marrotta or Nzoric, the expression of the opinion that he is world class doesn't change the fact that it is debatable.

So Conte giving Vucinic a start happens for a good reason and its best for the team etc. I'm sure you uphold that opinion when you see Borriello start too.

Haha. This is not about my favourite or your favourite. It is about the team and what's best for the team. Personally, I feel Del Piero, Quag, Matri, have all carried out their responsibilties in the time that they've gotten and Vucinic hasn't despite being more talented than them and having arguably the favour of the coach. Theres nothing to suggest that he deserves to hold on to a starting role because his talent has not had any impact for us in proportion to the responsibility he's been given and the time that he's had. You may feel Quag doesn't deserve it, thats fine. And I may feel Elia does. Thats a subjective matter. But I will always go with what's best for the team, and any bias aside, Vucinic has not lived up to even the most basic expectations. So he's certainly not anymore deserving, even more so for his selfish, lax attitude.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I'm yet to read an unbiased post from you in this thread.

I never doubted that, however what I doubt is the important to sign a Matri and a Pepe replacement before replacing Mirko. Mirko is the only one in our forward line who has Champions League experience also.
The haters bro.
You could be right. Vucinic-quality-quality or quality-Matri/Quag-quality. I'm quite fine with either one :p

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
The fault lies with finishing chances this season, not creating them. So on that note as Pepe and Mirko are not Strikers nor natural goal scorers, the blame lies with Matri and Quag. Hence why we'll sign a new CF :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)