Mirko Vučinić (37 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I couldn't watch the entire second half but he had a very good game in the first half and it was surprising to me to see people complaining about his first half performance. Had a few wonderful passes and plays.
Nothing is surprising from the usual suspects.

Our best player in the first half. In the second half he did nothing of notice. He wasn't better nor worse than the other players in our team.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I really like Mirko and I hope he will stay for next season, but I just feel that it's in its place to criticize him a little bit based on tonight's performance.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
of course he was...

at least pirlo got the shot on target but mirko's decisions were very poor in the 1st half...2 horrible shots from good positions. quagliarella too.. still he tried, he got involved, we got the win so keep it up mirko we're gonna need you with nazio:)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Bonnucci was the best player on the pitch in both halves.
Palermo didn't even cross the half line in the first half and our defenders weren't even needed.

The Sicilians played a bunker. We tried to break it but the only one who achieved to do it in the first half was Mirko. All the others were shooting from distance. He created great chances, especially the one for Caceres with that great ball above the defense line. The only way to break that Palermo was with such a pass or by dribbling your way. Noone else tried to do it but Mirko.
If nothing else, we actually need more such players who try to make something happen.

Anyway, this was a typical team play and you're all wrong to look at individuals. All we needed was to score and break Palermo. We were patient, we broke the deadline relatively early in the 2nd half and after that it was piss easy to play against them and show individual talent.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Palermo didn't even cross the half line in the first half and our defenders weren't even needed.

The Sicilians played a bunker. We tried to break it but the only one who achieved to do it in the first half was Mirko. All the others were shooting from distance. He created great chances, especially the one for Caceres with that great ball above the defense line. The only way to break that Palermo was with such a pass or by dribbling your way. Noone else tried to do it but Mirko.
If nothing else, we actually need more such players who try to make something happen.

Anyway, this was a typical team play and you're all wrong to look at individuals. All we needed was to score and break Palermo. We were patient, we broke the deadline relatively early in the 2nd half and after that it was piss easy to play against them and show individual talent.
If it was DP who passed that ball to Caceres that would be enough to prove doubters wrong. But for Mirko, nah, he's got aditude problems.

Forza Mirko.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
At the end of the day, the coach knows the best and this coach who took this team to the top of serie A finds Mirko irreplaceable and instrumental for our play and success.

From the 10 strikers and attacking wingers who played and can play in the front three (Elia, Krasic, Del Piero, Quag, Vucinic, Borriello, Matri, Giaccherini, Pepe, Esti) only Mirko has a guaranteed spot in the team. And it's clear why, just that some keep refusing to see it.

Mirko needs to play like he played against Milan (the best solo performance of any Juve player this season) so his importance would be noticed. Even on that match he had the usual critics :howler:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Forza Mirko.

wasn't he the one that chipped the ball to Caceres running into the penatly area?

I love his vision.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I honestly dont see the point of making a fuss about individual performances in that routine and boring game. As Alen said, we were facing a bunkered up pussy team (couldnt hold onto the ball more then 3 seconds, enjoyed seeing Miccoli cry about not getting any balls), and it was pretty over as a game fairly early in 2nd half. Vucinic I'm not a fan in general due to lack of continuous decisive quality (but mainly his lazy attitude at times), but for our team the style and approach he brings (trying the unexpected, not just run to flank and hoof in crosses or longshots) is very much needed and makes him irreplaceable. And for this game, he provided that as usual, in several occasions.

Only "critique" I have for him in this game is there was virtually no linking up between him and Quag at all, and I wouldnt exactly blame him alone on that.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Only "critique" I have for him in this game is there was virtually no linking up between him and Quag at all, and I wouldnt exactly blame him alone on that.
We had a well worked up tactic. It just didn't work because of Pirlo or Quag. I believe Quag was the problem.

In at least 10 situations Pirlo was leading the ball 30 meters from their goal. Mirko would have made a run from the box toward Pirlo and take 2 defenders with him. Mirko receives the pass from Pirlo, passes back with the defenders on his back and creates lots of space for Quag to run into and receive a deep ball from Pirlo.
It was well planned but it didn't work. In at least 2 cases (I noticed two) it was Pirlo's pass to Quag that wasn't accurate. But in most of the cases Quag didn't make the run to receive a pass from Pirlo so Andrea had to look for other solutions. In one situation Pirlo made a hand gesture asking Quag to make the run.

This was noticeable because the same play was done way too many times during the match and we rarely if ever did it in the previous 30 rounds.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Very true, noticed it on two different occasions. Whats even more odd is I noticed Vuci spend more time inside the box then Quag. Atleast when it came to being there when crosses or quick counters occured. Quag is I assume supposed to be the box striker between them, but I very rarely saw him being in there when it was necessary.

Apr 29, 2006
Mirko's problem isn't his creativity or desire to try things out... I think anyone would live with his failures in those regards. The problem is him doing the basic stuff all wrong. And its not form or something that you can time to an extent. His unpredictability is imho the worst weapon for a coach and that conclusion for the 10 attacking players just goes to show how pathetic our attack really is. Conte doesn't seem to fit quite a lot of those players at all and Bor... enough said.
Its just manic to watch mirko goes about the hard business like butter and then hits the corner flag from the edge of the box. How would you play him against CL side where you are expected to score when given a chance or be barca? I don't know if its a mentality problem or what be ... he ain't a kid anymore and Conte isn't sorting it out. He is pissed which I generally like as i find it similar to Stoichkov's behaviour (although the bulgarian was much more violent ... and skilled) but he is pissed coming on the bench, shaking hands with team mates and happy miskicking the ball every second attempt.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Teams have been marking him much more closely lately. You could tell today, whenever he was played the ball (with his back to goal) defenders were right on his back trying to make him force the ball back and not turn. He is showing for the ball much more, but he needs to be given the ball starting from a wide position (as in the 433).

This 352 pulls in central so he gets the ball too often with his back to goal and tends to play it back to a CM then turns into space.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)