Mirko Vučinić (9 Viewers)

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
this selfish shit is such bullshit, he had 3 assists last game, he set 3 more today which should be 100% converted if not of our toothless players. When no one's making runs or getting open thank god that he's actually trying, because guess what if he doesnt try and believe he can get it done that 2nd goal is never scored. You guys are really ridiculous...
Please. Just because he did all that it doesn't mean he hasn't been selfish at times. I've also seen opportunities wasted simply because he refused to pass the ball. I am not saying that he doesn't try but sometimes it seems like he is out for himself instead of the team. I remember actually cursing at my tv screen one day because he fucked up because he didn't pass.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Please. Just because he did all that it doesn't mean he hasn't been selfish at times. I've also seen opportunities wasted simply because he refused to pass the ball. I am not saying that he doesn't try but sometimes it seems like he is out for himself instead of the team. I remember actually cursing at my tv screen one day because he fucked up because he didn't pass.

i read the game differently, i didnt see one opportunity where he was at fault, we were static upfront and like i said he set up people beautifully on many occasions, once again had they been converted as they should have we wouldnt have this conversation. Furthermore, you want your forwards to be a bit 'selfish', though i'd call it opportunistic, and once again(how i hate to repeat myself) if mirko wasnt opportunistic and istead looked for the easier lateral pass we wouldnt be in the final. So, either you want him to always pass instead of trying to shoot and you dont go to the final, or you take the whole package and that is a player who both passes and takes his chances.

as for the guy who dared to compare that useless midget to OUR mirko, maybe you shouldnt be cheering for this team

Aug 1, 2003
no one is denying mirkos talents or contributions and assists. but you cannot deny having watched the season up to this point, there were instances when he could've done better by passing/crossing instead of holding on to the ball. he may not be a selfish player per se, as shown by his numerous assists, but this is a flaw in his game.

if I recall in the game vs Milan, at the end of the first half when we were 1-1, Vucinic had a massive opportunity to just pass the ball across to Giacc who was open (Vuci having plenty of space) for a tap-in, but instead opted to turn and turn and give a high cross which by then Milan defenders had come in. There was also one instance in the second half, while we were still 1-1, when Vuci could've crossed from the side with two Juve players in the box and near the keeper instead of shooting for an angled side netting.

I'm not criticizing our MoTM in his game in this coppa match, no one is but this is one of the reasons why people get frustrated with Mirko this season. In coppa it was only two opportunities, in his bad days it could be throughout a whole game.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
i read the game differently, i didnt see one opportunity where he was at fault, we were static upfront and like i said he set up people beautifully on many occasions, once again had they been converted as they should have we wouldnt have this conversation. Furthermore, you want your forwards to be a bit 'selfish', though i'd call it opportunistic, and once again(how i hate to repeat myself) if mirko wasnt opportunistic and istead looked for the easier lateral pass we wouldnt be in the final. So, either you want him to always pass instead of trying to shoot and you dont go to the final, or you take the whole package and that is a player who both passes and takes his chances.

as for the guy who dared to compare that useless midget to OUR mirko, maybe you shouldnt be cheering for this team

That goal was indeed beautiful today, but he could have just as easily not scored it. What I expect though is when I see a situation where he is more than likely not going to get to the net and there is a wide open Matri who is next to you and right in front the net, pass the damn ball. And I am not even talking about scoring here. I am talking about running towards the goal and getting stripped of it before you even get there just because you’re too damn selfish to pass. Additionally who knows how many goals we’ve missed out on simply because he can be such an opportunistic ass on the field?

Maybe I am being a bit presumptuous here as I did not see the whole season but from what I have seen this has been my observation.

---------- Post added 21.03.2012 at 05:03 ----------

Edit: Sally said it much better than I have but you get our point.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
no one is denying mirkos talents or contributions and assists. but you cannot deny having watched the season up to this point, there were instances when he could've done better by passing/crossing instead of holding on to the ball. he may not be a selfish player per se, as shown by his numerous assists, but this is a flaw in his game.

if I recall in the game vs Milan, at the end of the first half when we were 1-1, Vucinic had a massive opportunity to just pass the ball across to Giacc who was open (Vuci having plenty of space) for a tap-in, but instead opted to turn and turn and give a high cross which by then Milan defenders had come in. There was also one instance in the second half, while we were still 1-1, when Vuci could've crossed from the side with two Juve players in the box and near the keeper instead of shooting for an angled side netting.

I'm not criticizing our MoTM in his game in this coppa match, no one is but this is one of the reasons why people get frustrated with Mirko this season. In coppa it was only two opportunities, in his bad days it could be throughout a whole game.
first instance, giacch didnt distance himself enough from defenderand wasnt looking like hed make the run to either post. secong instance mirko was double teamed and the pass angle was closed. once again instead of criticizing those who didnt finish the glaring sweet passes he made you want to speak about maybes that werent even there.

---------- Post added 20.03.2012 at 23:08 ----------

That goal was indeed beautiful today, but he could have just as easily not scored it. What I expect though is when I see a situation where he is more than likely not going to get to the net and there is a wide open Matri who is next to you and right in front the net, pass the damn ball. And I am not even talking about scoring here. I am talking about running towards the goal and getting stripped of it before you even get there just because you’re too damn selfish to pass. Additionally who knows how many goals we’ve missed out on simply because he can be such an opportunistic ass on the field?

Maybe I am being a bit presumptuous here as I did not see the whole season but from what I have seen this has been my observation.

---------- Post added 21.03.2012 at 05:03 ----------

Edit: Sally said it much better than I have but you get our point.

i dont want to call you out, but did you watch the game?

Aug 1, 2003
well we'd have to disagree, if I recall correctly I thought Giacc was in the perfect position and would've scored it and Mirko in my opinion would've been able to cross there. I'd have to see the replay again to be sure, but I remember having that feeling.

Anyway, these 'opinions' weren't based on last night's game alone.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
first instance, giacch didnt distance himself enough from defenderand wasnt looking like hed make the run to either post. secong instance mirko was double teamed and the pass angle was closed. once again instead of criticizing those who didnt finish the glaring sweet passes he made you want to speak about maybes that werent even there.

---------- Post added 20.03.2012 at 23:08 ----------

i dont want to call you out, but did you watch the game?
You're not calling me out as I openly said I did not watch the game and I also said in the above post that these observations were based on what I've seen of the season thus far.

When he proves to me that he is a better player than he thinks he is, then by all means, be selfish. Until then be a little more humble and pass where there is a definite need to.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
maybe i should have made it clearer that i was referring to this game in particular, as i was making the same remark in the live thread when reacting to the selfishness accusations.

---------- Post added 20.03.2012 at 23:18 ----------

You're not calling me out as I openly said I did not watch the game and I also said in the above post that these observations were based on what I've seen of the season thus far.
watch this game please :)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Not to derail a pointless conversation or anything but...

Does anyone have a vid of the crowd behind the goal when Mirko scored in OT? I wonder if anyone happened to be filming at that time? :weee:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The only time yesterday when a pass was the better option than what Vucinic actually did (shoot, hold the ball, try to dribble or whatever) was in the second half when he had two open players but decided to shoot from the left and he hit the net from the outside. In every other instance he did the right thing, even though it seemed like he was being selfish.
He played with extremely high intelligence.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
No, Sally is right about the Giacch chance, he had a simple tap to unmarked Giacch but he held on and made another dribble. It was a more open chance than Licht to Alex for the first goal. That chance coupled with what you said were the two instances where he should have perhaps done better, but the amount of momentum he gave the team in the final third erased that on the night.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
The only time yesterday when a pass was the better option than what Vucinic actually did (shoot, hold the ball, try to dribble or whatever) was in the second half when he had two open players but decided to shoot from the left and he hit the net from the outside. In every other instance he did the right thing, even though it seemed like he was being selfish.
He played with extremely high intelligence.
Don't think you'll find a player in the world after doing what he did in that sequence, getting Antonini down faking the shot and going through Mexes IIRC, who will pass the ball after that, that's just strikeri instinct, he made the beautiful move and he wanted to finished with a goal especially cause it came to his off foot, and his head was down.

I thought he was selfish in other sequences tough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)