Mirko Vučinić - Forward - AS Roma (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Nich do you think he's going to be our supposedly big august signing :/ ? I'm happy about the ones you mentioned but I'm gonna be greedy..
No. I think Lugano will be next and then we'll work hard on either getting a LW or another FW depending where Vucinic plays.

If City sign another forward and CM, I think we could try for Silva or Dzeko on loan.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not even consistency. Nobody takes into account that talented and skilful players can't fulfill their potential in current Roma (Roma over the past 4 years actually). The only players who had and still have moves in their boots were Vucinic and Menez while the rest of the players are pretty much brainless. I think it's wrong to say he's inconsistent since it's like saying 'hey this X player at Juve sucked last season'. Well you know what, they all sucked hard. If there was anything big to expect on the pitch while Roma plays it has to be something from Vucinic. And no, it's not just goals he scored but he kept the whole offensive line moving all of the time. Yeah he surely misses something unbelievable but it's nothing compared to what he offers. He was also scoring 15+ goals a season, while some may say it's low you gotta re-fucking-think since yet again, it's Roma we're talking about, and not Barcelona. He was their main engine upfront who was ruined since Totti is still a legend there, but he was a great player for them nonetheless and it will be hard for them to replace him. Sabatini and Luis Enrique wanted to keep him, rightfully so, but it was his decision to leave. He alongside Matri may be our dreadful weapon upfront, we'd have both ball control and amazing technique mixed with a good finish. I personally believe he'll do very good in here and I think it's a much smarter investment than Rossi, who would be at least 10mln more expensive but you have to keep in mind that this spot, SS/LW, is not the only one we have to fix too. And you know what, fuck haters or not, Vucinic will prove them wrong on the pitch and same cry fucking babies will cry again, but the next time will be when he picks up some injury.
Wall of text aside, I watched Vucinic since his debute season in Lecce, allways liked his technical/skillfull ways, but he IS without any shadow of doubt, one of the more clearer poster boys for inconsistency. No amount of rhetorics can change that.

ThirdStar

You know it's comin'
Jul 5, 2011
No. I think Lugano will be next and then we'll work hard on either getting a LW or another FW depending where Vucinic plays.

If City sign another forward and CM, I think we could try for Silva or Dzeko on loan.
I doubt they are going to let Silva go, he's really their best player after Tevez offensive wise. Dzeko has a point to prove, so is Mancini for wasting all this money on him. I don't see a loan happening if Tevez leaves.

Can we try and snatch Tevez off Inter ? what do you think guys

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #1,752
    Wall of text aside, I watched Vucinic since his debute season in Lecce, allways liked his technical/skillfull ways, but he IS without any shadow of doubt, one of the more clearer poster boys for inconsistency. No amount of rhetorics can change that.
    But don't you think Roma plays huge part of his inconsistency? Vucinic is a mood-player, when his team is doing shit he gets frustrated and often "out of form". At least after what I've seen. To get this guy consistent the whole team must work together and help him out.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
    I doubt they are going to let Silva go, he's really their best player after Tevez offensive wise. Dzeko has a point to prove, so is Mancini for wasting all this money on him. I don't see a loan happening if Tevez leaves.

Can we try and snatch Tevez off Inter ? what do you think guys
    Tevez earns too much to come to us.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    But don't you think Roma plays huge part of his inconsistency? Vucinic is a mood-player, when his team is doing shit he gets frustrated and often "out of form". At least after what I've seen. To get this guy consistent the whole team must work together and help him out.
    Seriously just stop, now that he is basically our player, the revisionistic arguments pop up, seen it happen with several signings. He IS a good player, medium signing to improve the team (like Licht, and Vidal, even if latter more exciting), but not a the big improvement needed. Thats because he IS inconsistent, as a player, not because he plays for Roma, Roma has had tons of different seasons and teams in his time, but he remained inconsistent almost every season. Has some months he is absolutely fantastic, then utterly dissapears from the face of earth basically. Moody is a good way to put it.

Just be PREPARED for that, instead of trying to ignore it or whitewash, trying to blame it all on his (soon to be former) team. And what in the hell makes you think we will be a better inviroment for him, considering our last two disastrous seasons.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Guys we are not getting any 'world class' player, so forget silva, tevez etc... we are only going to buy players who will add quality to what we had in order to meet our minimum objective of CL football. There is little point slating marotta for this, i agree that is what we need to concentrate at the moment, and just gradually build it up on the foundations of the season before, rather than go full out and repeat the same mistakes of secco.

Afterall Moggi said no big name superstar will arrive in Serie A this season, and he looks to be right.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
    Guys we are not getting any 'world class' player, so forget silva, tevez etc... we are only going to buy players who will add quality to what we had in order to meet our minimum objective of CL football. There is little point slating marotta for this, i agree that is what we need to concentrate at the moment, and just gradually build it up on the foundations of the season before, rather than go full out and repeat the same mistakes of secco.

Afterall Moggi said no big name superstar will arrive in Serie A this season, and he looks to be right.
    Will Lugano come next?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)