Miccoli stays in Benfica (1 Viewer)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Byrone said:
He has talent,but did u hear all the trash talk he had to say about Juve?
I know that,but that was after we treated him like a waste.I'm not surprise at all,he is a fantastic player and after Capello came to us,he took his number 9 gave it to Ibrahimovic and Capello immediately said that he has no plans for Miccoli in the team.

By the way,the same Capello said many bad things about us just a year before he became our coach.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
Badass Devil said:
juve made him into a trouble maker, cuz of the lack of faith in him, miccoli in his day was destined to be one of the finest, i wud love to see him back in a bianconero shirt, certainly more than i wud with bojinov
I hope this is the right thread to ask some questions about Miccoli.
- What trouble did he cause at Juve?
- Why doesn't he want to return?

Hope you can help me, since I'm very interested in this player. (I like Benfica and used to play him a lot in PES4 :D )

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
For a serious answer, Miccoli was a decent prospect at the time after a decent season with Perugia. We had DP, Trez, Di Vaio, and himself at the time ... say back in 2003-4. That year he was arguably our most reliable forward. However, I think that said less about him and more about the poor form everyone at Juve suffered across the line that season. Almost the entire squad, save maybe Zambrotta, walked through that season like zombies in a post-CL loss funk.

The problem was that Miccoli always felt himself capable of first-team starter play for Juventus. And I give him credit for believing in himself. But he was smoking crack if he thought Juve would reasonably start him over DP or Trez on any given Sunday, despite the then-problems in their form.

So then Capello came over, and a lot of players returned to top form. Ibra came over too, and Miccoli was pushed further down the list. We didn't have much use for him, and he wasn't going to be happy playing the bench every match. So he was sent to Fiorentina for a season on a joint-ownership deal and performed quite well. As a first-teamer at the Viola, he was quite vocal with his dissatisfaction with how he was handled at Juve. He took a number of pot shots at the club and, well, sounded like a whiner.

Then when the 2005 season ended, his joint contract was up for ownership. The Viola didn't bite, so it went to a closed ownership bid between Juve and Fiorentina (as did Chiellini). The cheapskate Viola put up fire sale prices on their bids, so Moggi got Miccoli, Chiellini, and Maresca for the price of an ice cream cone. Then Miccoli felt particularly slighted -- by both Juve and Fiorentina. Said some more inane crap about wishing death on both clubs.

Sent to Benfica a couple of years ago on loan (I think his Juve contract us up next June), he had to eat several tins of humble pie in the process after that ordeal. Some humility did him some good, as he's done very well at Benfica. They sell "SuperMiccoli" scarves outside the Estadio da Luz.

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
swag said:
For a serious answer, Miccoli was a decent prospect at the time after a decent season with Perugia. We had DP, Trez, Di Vaio, and himself at the time ... say back in 2003-4. That year he was arguably our most reliable forward. However, I think that said less about him and more about the poor form everyone at Juve suffered across the line that season. Almost the entire squad, save maybe Zambrotta, walked through that season like zombies in a post-CL loss funk.

The problem was that Miccoli always felt himself capable of first-team starter play for Juventus. And I give him credit for believing in himself. But he was smoking crack if he thought Juve would reasonably start him over DP or Trez on any given Sunday, despite the then-problems in their form.

So then Capello came over, and a lot of players returned to top form. Ibra came over too, and Miccoli was pushed further down the list. We didn't have much use for him, and he wasn't going to be happy playing the bench every match. So he was sent to Fiorentina for a season on a joint-ownership deal and performed quite well. As a first-teamer at the Viola, he was quite vocal with his dissatisfaction with how he was handled at Juve. He took a number of pot shots at the club and, well, sounded like a whiner.

Then when the 2005 season ended, his joint contract was up for ownership. The Viola didn't bite, so it went to a closed ownership bid between Juve and Fiorentina (as did Chiellini). The cheapskate Viola put up fire sale prices on their bids, so Moggi got Miccoli, Chiellini, and Maresca for the price of an ice cream cone. Then Miccoli felt particularly slighted -- by both Juve and Fiorentina. Said some more inane crap about wishing death on both clubs.

Sent to Benfica a couple of years ago on loan (I think his Juve contract us up next June), he had to eat several tins of humble pie in the process after that ordeal. Some humility did him some good, as he's done very well at Benfica. They sell "SuperMiccoli" scarves outside the Estadio da Luz.
Thank you so very much for this great answer. Maybe there are still more questions to come but for first, thx a lot.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
he should have been given more of a chance. currently there is no use for him with dp, bojinov and palladino, add guzman to that list as well.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
If I remember right, the only reason we got rid of Di Vaio and Miccoli was so Crapello cud get his Ibrahimovic. We couldn't afford Ibra without getting rid of those 2. Man I wanted Di Vaio out, and Capello said to Miccoli that he would play a huge role in Juve and that he believed in him. Then came the shock on the last transfer day.

Capello: Fabrizio, I'm very sorry to say this, but we have to let you go. Our rich-ass financees finally got their thumbs out their ass and decided to buy Zlatan, but in order to keep balance in the books, we must sell you. Good luck in La Viola or w/e club you decide to go to.

Miccoli: Fine to hell with Juve, I rather watch Wrestling than any Juve match, f*ck you black & white liars and backstabbers!! Arrividerci....

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Fabrizio may have talent but we lack height in attack. We do not need him this year but we will need to wait until the end of the season to see who goes & who stays, before we can decide whether or not to keep him or sell him.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
swag said:
The problem was that Miccoli always felt himself capable of first-team starter play for Juventus.But he was smoking crack if he thought Juve would reasonably start him over DP or Trez on any given Sunday, despite the then-problems in their form.

He took a number of pot shots at the club and, well, sounded like a whiner. Miccoli felt particularly slighted -- by both Juve and Fiorentina. Said some more inane crap about wishing death on both clubs.
:D Smoking crack - good line amico! :agree:

So long, farewell, good ridance. His attitude is the reason he never made it at Juve. For all his obvious abundance of talent, he could learn from guys like Amoruso & Zalayeta about the right tempament, being a team player & a man. They have nowhere near the God given talent of someone like Miccoli, but apply themselves properly every day. No player has a divine right to a 1st team spot, esp not some jumped up little muppet with too many tatoos & one good season at Perugia.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Good post swag, but I disagree about 2003/2004. That year both Del Piero and Trezeguet were ridiculously out of form. That's why both Di Vaio and Miccoli seemed good in comparison. If I remember correctly Di Vaio scored like hell in the first part of the season. But look at him now, I don't even know where he plays. Same with Miccoli, he's not a bad player but he won't ever be good enough for Juventus. His best season he scored about 10 goals, and for a forward that's just not good enough, especially as Miccoli isn't exactly a team player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)