Merih Demiral (41 Viewers)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Caldara at the time of his leaving was seen probably even as highly as Demiral is now. Dont you remember our crying here? He was seen as next WC italian CB. The comparisiom is good and the worries are right because we know Para has done things like this in the past. Also the media were first reporting that we refuse any offer for Mattia, but we did sell him afterall.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Ah yes, @zizinho who vehemently argued Atalanta was gonna finish lower midtable without Caldara.

But why mention Caldara though. No comparison, Demiral actually Juve starter material, and zero chance of leaving.
if Demiral is starter material so was Caldara. Caldara was more proven in serie A at the time he came over to Juve. I’m just saying there’s a shit ton of hype around Demiral based off a relatively small sample. I don’t wanna sell the guy, I think he’s talented, and Bonucci/Chiellini are nearing the end, but if Tici decided to cash in, I probably wouldn’t freak out either.

Jun 16, 2020
if Demiral is starter material so was Caldara. Caldara was more proven in serie A at the time he came over to Juve. I’m just saying there’s a shit ton of hype around Demiral based off a relatively small sample. I don’t wanna sell the guy, I think he’s talented, and Bonucci/Chiellini are nearing the end, but if Tici decided to cash in, I probably wouldn’t freak out either.
It’s really easy to see that Demiral has everything to become as world class CD. I’d freak out.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
It’s really easy to see that Demiral has everything to become as world class CD. I’d freak out.
It was also easy to see that in Caldara back then, yet Juve cashed on him. Im not saying we will sell him, but lets not assume he is sure to stay, having seen what Tici did in the past. Also last time his controversial decsion was spot on.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
A 3 man backline combined with the 5 sub rule, Rugani and ageing starters means he will likely get game time.
Yeah but only 2 of those 3 at the back are actually Cbs, the third one is full back. So he is 4th choice for two spots. Lucky if he gets more than 1500 minutes.

Jun 16, 2020
It was also easy to see that in Caldara back then, yet Juve cashed on him. Im not saying we will sell him, but lets not assume he is sure to stay, having seen what Tici did in the past. Also last time his controversial decsion was spot on.
No we could plusvalenza Demiral easily already last year. I think that he’s here to stay.

With Caldara, how strange it might sound, we actually got a good deal. Milan sold him for 15m after 2 year of injuries. I dislike Bonucci at this moment but he did more than Caldara did those years.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We not gonna sell at all. Him and De Ligt only long term CBs.

And he defenitely shown more top level defensive talent then Caldara did. Who we were hopeful for because of his age, but watched him enough in Atalanta at the time and it was mainly just a decent defender who stood out by going up in attack and scoring few goals, an extra frontman type CB.

This is not hindsight talking, but most of what I saw of him was a potential backup/rotation option for Juve while Demirals actual defending looks like a starter level and future long term option. He needs to be little less reckless, but his overall ability is of a defensive wall, top level instincts and tackling.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
We not gonna sell at all. Him and De Ligt only long term CBs.

And he defenitely shown more top level defensive talent then Caldara did. Who we were hopeful for because of his age, but watched him enough in Atalanta at the time and it was mainly just a decent defender who stood out by going up in attack and scoring few goals, an extra frontman type CB.

This is not hindsight talking, but most of what I saw of him was a potential backup/rotation option for Juve while Demirals actual defending looks like a starter level and future long term option. He needs to be little less reckless, but his overall ability is of a defensive wall, top level instincts and tackling.
Agree with everything completely Osman. Have seen so little of Caldera but little of Demiral has shown me a real tough killer instinct in defending. Not backing down from anybody. Yes, screw those few exciting goals and give me the hard nosed defender. By season's end 23 years old >>> 27. There's a reason clubs will pay for this guy.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Im glad our board rate Demiral. Seems to be a lot of interest in him but we rejected saying not for sale.
Hope he can take part in our starting 11 soon - Bonucci or Danilo pick whoever you want but Demiral should bench both..

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Unless Juve plays a back 3 he isn't gonna play much anyways. I think he should but it is what it is, the other player has atleast 4 more years left in him. Won't lose sleep over selling backup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)