mercato closed Mr. Secco? NOT! (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2004
No,i wish we were able to buy new players but 57m for Juve that came from serie B is way too much.Be patient until we qualify for C.L.Then we'll have the money that we need.
Real Madrid La Liga champion spent more than 100m even tough they have a huge amount of debts to deal with... if you don't spend on quality players you won't get the results and if you don't get the results you will certainly lose funds.

Just imagine what will happen if we finish 5th this year... we are no better than Roma, Lazio and Fiorentina let alone the Milan teams... 5th place this year is as bad news as Serie B last year to me.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
Real Madrid La Liga champion spent more than 100m even tough they have a huge amount of debts to deal with... if you don't spend on quality players you won't get the results and if you don't get the results you will certainly lose funds.

Just imagine what will happen if we finish 5th this year... we are no better than Roma, Lazio and Fiorentina let alone the Milan teams... 5th place this year is as bad news as Serie B last year to me.
Real Madrid is a different case.It's not Juve.Juve will be as strong as Real after 3-4 years.Also 3-4 position is more realistic due to the fact that WE ARE JUVENTUS FC.We cant accept anything less than that.Be more optimistic...

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
3-4 years to become as good as Real Madrid? Is that your definition of being optimistic?
I really wonder which names you expected us to buy, we came from serieB, we don't play European football and every potentially big name we were linked with, had other big teams chasing him (Klose, Millito, Metzelder, Saviola, Huntelaar, you name them, other teams were also interested in him)
Stop complaining about the transfers and look forward, we beat Roma, we weren't much worse then the Italian champion and the CL winner.
With one good CB we surely have the players at hand to end 3rd or 4th.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I really wonder which names you expected us to buy, we came from serieB, we don't play European football and every potentially big name we were linked with, had other big teams chasing him (Klose, Millito, Metzelder, Saviola, Huntelaar, you name them, other teams were also interested in him)
Stop complaining about the transfers and look forward, we beat Roma, we weren't much worse then the Italian champion and the CL winner.
With one good CB we surely have the players at hand to end 3rd or 4th.
:tup:

Dec 26, 2004
If we aren't going to attract world class or big name players I would expect at least to make some smart moves.

Letting Mutu go wasn't smart.
Bringing Boumsong wasn't smart.
Bringing Bojinov wasn't smart.
Letting Balzaretti go wasn't smart.
Bringing Iaquinta wasn't smart.
Letting Zalayeta wasn't smart.

Adzke

May 19, 2007
If we aren't going to attract world class or big name players I would expect at least to make some smart moves.

Bringing Tiago was good.
Bringing Almirón was pure class.
So was bringing Noce.
Keeping Trezeguet, DP, Nedved, Camo, and Buffon was fantastic.
Bringing Mimmo will prove important.
Bringing Andrade was good.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006

Agreed, but we needed money.
DD wanted him, I am sure about that.
The guy has potential, he was just unlucky DP and Trez never got injured and that, if they were unavailable, Palla was there.
Also, he didn't cost us anything, he was loaned.
With Molinaro, Grygera, Chiellini, Zebina and Sali,w e are ok for the RB or LB and we could use the extra money.
Give the guy some time to adapt, I think you will reconsider.
Depends on if we sign a new one or if we give the chance to a young guy, we have 4 good players for 2 spots, why have 5 in a season were you don't play European football?

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
I don't enjoy going against the opinions of at least 8 guys whose posts I always find interesting, but after seeing Cannavaro's form slip over the past year with Madrid & then last night's shocker against Hungary with L'Azzurri, I don't want to see him back at Juventus for either his sake or ours. He is no longer (at top level) able to consistently maintain his own very high standard. Were I him I'd seriously consider making that move to Napoli he tells us all he wants, with which to finish his career...& do it now or in January if he can! He is still well capable of doing a job there & keeping his good name instead of risking being torn to shreds as a has been with us, & is already being described as with the Nazionale!

As far as being impressed by one of our own primavera strikers is concerned, as has also been mentioned, look no further than 20 year old Buttone from yesterday's friendly against Biellese...

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

Real Madrid has huge amounts of debts? They spent more than a 100m? Ok I don't know WTf your smoking on but some of your points are retarded. 1st of all real madrid won La Liga and play in the CL so they get alot of money for that, next of all real madrid signed a BILLION DOLLAR TV contract. SO THEY CAN AFFORD TO SPEND MONEY ON PLAYERS EVEN IF THEY FLOP. Don't compare our spending power to them., because it's retarded to compare a club that went through a crisis to a club that signed a billion dollar contract. But no you probably wanted us to spend 36 million on Robben and 30m on pepe :pumpkin:

and if we fininsh this year 5th ths year it would be a dissapointment, not the end of the world like you are making it to be. You can't be serious if you think fininshing 5th is as a bad as going down to Serie B?:disagree: . We are a team rebuilding, it will take time before we get back to being the best. Stop acting like a drama queen. This while act is getting tiring and annoying.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
I feel we really need to change our transfer policy to bring in more young talents and not go for the well known names around Europe. I am happy we are rich in the Italian youth department in the likes of Mimmo and Nocerino, but we do need to look further in Brazil and Argentina, for example discovering the next Kaka, Messi etc, we have good links and scouting network, so it won't be too much to ask to bring in some young talent.

Adzke

May 19, 2007
I feel we really need to change our transfer policy to bring in more young talents and not go for the well known names around Europe. I am happy we are rich in the Italian youth department in the likes of Mimmo and Nocerino, but we do need to look further in Brazil and Argentina, for example discovering the next Kaka, Messi etc, we have good links and scouting network, so it won't be too much to ask to bring in some young talent.
I would rather have some medicore Italian than a team packed with Brazilians and Argentinians :faq1:

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
I would rather have some medicore Italian than a team packed with Brazilians and Argentinians :faq1:
You really didn't get what I mean, no one says the team should be packed with them, we will always be a team full of Italian, that's just Juve...what we need a talent like Kaka or Messi, but we can't afford to buy them so we need to get them when they are young, I don't care if he is Brazilian or Japanese.

Adzke

May 19, 2007
You really didn't get what I mean, no one says the team should be packed with them, we will always be a team full of Italian, that's just Juve...what we need a talent like Kaka or Messi, but we can't afford to buy them so we need to get them when they are young, I don't care if he is Brazilian or Japanese.
I partially agree. I jst think that it is such a lottery when they are young. You fail 99/100 times.

Dec 26, 2004
Bringing Tiago was good.
I do rate Tiago, still you have people here who already rate him as a flop... still not a smart move.

Bringing Almirón was pure class.
For the amount we have paid Moggi can bring you half of Empoli's squad and a life time ticket to attend their games... no way near a smart move at least from a financial point of view.

So was bringing Noce.
We already own half of Noce's contract and you know how it ends when a Serie B team try to outbid a giant like Juve on a blind bid... not a smart move.

Keeping Trezeguet, DP, Nedved, Camo, and Buffon was fantastic.
All of this players complained because they were crying for a competitive Juve that's all.... anyhow I would give the management the credit they deserve regarding this point.

Bringing Mimmo will prove important.
Until it prove it... I won't call it a smart move.

Bringing Andrade was good.
Good yes... smart NO.

Dec 26, 2004
Agreed, but we needed money.
So why we didn't sacrifice someone else like Camo for example... at least then we could save the crying and moaning we had to deal with once each two weeks till we promote.

Don't tell me selling Mutu was the only fvcking way to bring us money... not to mention the silly offer we have accepted for him.

DD wanted him, I am sure about that.
So lets blame DD if that's make you happy... Ohh sorry we have sacked we can't blame him anymore.

The guy has potential, he was just unlucky DP and Trez never got injured and that, if they were unavailable, Palla was there.
Also, he didn't cost us anything, he was loaned.
If I was him I won't set on the bench and pray DP or Trezeguet get injured, I believe there was better way to convince DD with his so called potential and he didn't.

With Molinaro, Grygera, Chiellini, Zebina and Sali,w e are ok for the RB or LB and we could use the extra money.
Why Zebina is still here is something beyond my understanding and lets not forget that bringing Molinaro was the main reason to show Balaz the exit door which wasn't a necessary move at first place.

Give the guy some time to adapt, I think you will reconsider.
For the same amount of money we could have signed somone like Klose who declared million times that he will be proud to play for Juve... but sorry Iaquinta is a world champion while Klose is a semi finalist which make a big difference when you decide to buy a player :rofl: .

Dec 26, 2004
Real Madrid has huge amounts of debts? They spent more than a 100m? Ok I don't know WTf your smoking on but some of your points are retarded. 1st of all real madrid won La Liga and play in the CL so they get alot of money for that, next of all real madrid signed a BILLION DOLLAR TV contract. SO THEY CAN AFFORD TO SPEND MONEY ON PLAYERS EVEN IF THEY FLOP. Don't compare our spending power to them., because it's retarded to compare a club that went through a crisis to a club that signed a billion dollar contract. But no you probably wanted us to spend 36 million on Robben and 30m on pepe :pumpkin:
Did I mention Robben or Pepe?? I have asked for smart moves while Real Madrid policy in buying player is pure stupidity... and let me say it once again and go check your facts... Real Madrid has a huge amount of debts which is the case since Florento Perez days.

and if we fininsh this year 5th ths year it would be a dissapointment, not the end of the world like you are making it to be. You can't be serious if you think fininshing 5th is as a bad as going down to Serie B?:disagree: . We are a team rebuilding, it will take time before we get back to being the best. Stop acting like a drama queen. This while act is getting tiring and annoying.
Of course it is not as bad as going to Serie B what I meant is considering the current circumstances failure to qualify to to CL is an equal DISAPPOINTMENT.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Too early to comment on the transfers.... but one things for sure we never "snapped" anyone from someone elses hands.. and I agree with DelPiero that we definetly spent more money on the average player than we should've. Heck we are so good at negotiating that we spent half of our transfer campaign on milito only to see him go to barca. Secco can certainly teach a lot of us, a thing or two :pumpkin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)