mercato closed Mr. Secco? NOT! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2004
The Secco way:
1) We are interested in a player.
2) The player express his well to move to Juve.
3) No other club is interested yet in this player.
4) We waste enough time without sealing a deal.
5) Half of European big clubs are alerted now of our interest.
6) We lose the player and go back to 1 or buy someone with half his price and qualities.

And you wonder why people here miss Moggi.

Buy on AliExpress.com

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
The Secco way:
6) We lose the player and go back to 1 or buy someone with half his price and qualities.

:wallbang:
I give up, we should fire Secco and give you a chance, judging apon your posts, it can't be a difficult job.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Use your logic to express your opinion like I did, I see no firm opinion on this post.
Indeed, because you don't have the same logic as I have and since I don't want this to turn into a discussion that lasts for pages and pages, I decided to stop and try to convince you we signed good players seeing the circumstances we were in.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Its Secco first season handling sumthing like this,well he didnt really sign anyone except Boumsong and thats Deschamps personal request,this summer is where we can truly see his transfer dealings and i do feel he didnt really did that bad. Well we missed out on Klose thats because Trez decide to stay,Klose was more of a replacement for Trez and not a back up.Frings didnt wanna come due to family reason,Heinze i belive is media creation,he even said the only offer came from Liverpool and after Man U desperately looking to offload him then came Madrid and im happy we didnt sign him. Milito we had the deal done,but Zaragoza decide to use us to get into a price war with Barca which we would never win,cant blame them for looking after their own interest. The only player i felt Secco should have not missed out was Masherano,who knows how we missed on him.Might be the Serie B factor since we were after him back in January where we were still in B. Personally i felt we manage to sign a number of player without paying much for them,and the squad is reasonably good. We could do with a defender,but there is still time for that. But i do get ur point,generally everyone misses Moggi ,he was the Guru.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
The Secco way:

And why in your opinion this happens?

Is he bored to seal the deal?
For some reason he doesn't want the team to be strong?
Does he work secretly for Moratti?
Is he a CIA agent?

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Real Madrid La Liga champion spent more than 100m even tough they have a huge amount of debts to deal with... if you don't spend on quality players you won't get the results and if you don't get the results you will certainly lose funds.

Just imagine what will happen if we finish 5th this year... we are no better than Roma, Lazio and Fiorentina let alone the Milan teams... 5th place this year is as bad news as Serie B last year to me.
The equation is not that simple, if it was only about spending more money then everything would be much easier.

anyway you are too harsh on the management imo, you have to wait and see what the season brings in.We didn't play one single official match and ppl are already jump to conclusions.The pre season didnt give us the best indication but we still have to wait.

Another thing is that ppl forget how much was actually placed on this management from finances to trying to build a whole new squad with a most importantly a new approach and image to the club that is linked to this management rather than the old one

Wraith

Sep 1, 2006
I don't mind too much if the mercato in is closed. Sure, Real Madrid spent tons of money...but I think their matches will be a shambles for the first few months. Big wins and big losses as Schuster tries to figure out what to do.

But I don't understand why the mercato out is still open. Why would we want to get rid of Legro or Boumsong? We need a few backup players in addition to the starters...

Dec 26, 2004
The equation is not that simple, if it was only about spending more money then everything would be much easier.

anyway you are too harsh on the management imo, you have to wait and see what the season brings in.We didn't play one single official match and ppl are already jump to conclusions.The pre season didnt give us the best indication but we still have to wait.

Another thing is that ppl forget how much was actually placed on this management from finances to trying to build a whole new squad with a most importantly a new approach and image to the club that is linked to this management rather than the old one
The equation isn't simple yet it isn't that complicated... if you have a limited to resources on the market you have to spend it wisely and that's why it is better to purchase 4-5 quality players instead of 1-2 world class players but it doesn't mean to purchase 10 average (general speaking) players instaed.

1st scenario: Molinaro, Criscito, Andrade, Grygera, Sali, Tiago, Almiron, Nocerino and Iaquinta... a total number of 10 players for a sum of around 57m €

2nd scenario: Criscito, Cannavaro, Andrade, Nocerino, Mascherano (It's complicated... Ops! Liverpool signed him), Ribery (He wants Champions League footbal... Ops! Bayern signed him) 4 quality players + 2 youth co-ownership for nearly the exact sum of money.

Buffon
Grygera-Andrade-Canna-Chelleini
Ribery-Mascherano-Nocerino-Nedved
Del Piero-Trezeguet

It is now wonder DD asked to leave (or he was forced to leave) while he was mentioning the name of Gerrard as the type of players needed in Juve the managment were after Iaquinta (with all respect to the fact that Iaquinta is a world champion while Gerrard is a quarter finalist).

Dec 26, 2004
What this has to do with the fact that we waste time without sealing the deal?If you mean than the players are not sure about how good is to come to Juve then it's not Secco's fault
When no one were ever linked to Mascherano I used to read for more than month headlines like:
"Juve, mission Mascherano"
"Mascherano-Juve it can be done"
"Basile: Mascherano, go to Juve"
Instead of sealing a deal we Secco informed us it was way to complicated, still not complicated enough for Liverpool a team which signed him two days letter (eventhough they already have Xabi, Gerrad, Sissoko).

When no one were ever linked to Gabi Milito------Same Story-------- ------Same Story--------
------Same Story--------
------Same Story--------
------Same Story--------
------Same Story--------
------Same Story-------- ------Same Story-------- ------Same Story-------- ------Same Story-------- ------Same Story-------- only to sign for Barcelona two days letter (eventhough they already have Abidal, Puyol, Marquez).

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I for one believe that we wee best not to get involved with either Tevez or Mascherano.

There is no doubt they are excellent players, but they just aren't worth the hassle.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
So let me get this straight. We're not going to buy anymore players and we're also going to let some of our current players go? That sounds pretty stupid to me seeing as how our lineup is already looking a little slim.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
When no one were ever linked to Mascherano I used to read for more than month headlines like:
"Juve, mission Mascherano"
"Mascherano-Juve it can be done"
"Basile: Mascherano, go to Juve"
Instead of sealing a deal we Secco informed us it was way to complicated, still not complicated enough for Liverpool a team which signed him two days letter (eventhough they already have Xabi, Gerrad, Sissoko).

When no one were ever linked to Gabi Milito------Same Story-------- ------Same Story--------
------Same Story--------
------Same Story--------
------Same Story--------
------Same Story--------
------Same Story-------- ------Same Story-------- ------Same Story-------- ------Same Story-------- ------Same Story-------- only to sign for Barcelona two days letter (eventhough they already have Abidal, Puyol, Marquez).

Mascherano is on-loan to Liverpool and Milito costed 20 M euros.
Also Bayern spent 25 M euros for Ribery, almost 1/3 from what we have spent for 7-8 players.I don't say that this management is flawless but IMO they are not that bad.They have made big mistakes and great moves as well.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
1st scenario: Molinaro, Criscito, Andrade, Grygera, Sali, Tiago, Almiron, Nocerino and Iaquinta... a total number of 10 players for a sum of around 57m €

2nd scenario: Criscito, Cannavaro, Andrade, Nocerino, Mascherano (It's complicated... Ops! Liverpool signed him), Ribery (He wants Champions League footbal... Ops! Bayern signed him) 4 quality players + 2 youth co-ownership for nearly the exact sum of money.

Buffon
Grygera-Andrade-Canna-Chelleini
Ribery-Mascherano-Nocerino-Nedved
Del Piero-Trezeguet.
1) If i had to choose between Mascherano and Tiago, I would choose Tiago, the main reasons are that we needed his type of midfielder, Mascherano is a destroyer and we already have Nocerino and Zanetti for that. Also Tiago there was no hassle, while Mascherano there is a lot of unknown things going on, and the last thing Juve needed this season is more negative attention

2)We should have got Ribery, but if you saw how Marchionni was playing in pre-season you would have seen that we wouldn't have needed franck. Marchionni was playing as well as he did when he was with Parma, and was called up to the Italian squad. And when Marco got injured Bayern had already bought Ribery.

3) How would Scenario 2 be the same amount as of Scenario 1????? Ribery by himself cost 25 million euros, and Liverpool can buy Mascherano for 20 million if i'm not mistaken. That is nearly the total that we spent on all the players we got.

4) Also we are an ITALIAN team, so the bulk of our team should be Italian, at least 4 or 5 players. We don't want to be an Inter

5) When we had Capello everyone complained cause he used to play with 2 defensive midfielders(Emerson and Vieira), yet everyone puts 2 DMS when they create their dream team

6) If you really can't stand how our board works you have a choice: support another team OR just watch the football and don't comment on what happens off the pitch

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
6) If you really can't stand how our board works you have a choice: support another team OR just watch the football and don't comment on what happens off the pitch
We can comment even about the guy who cleans the toilets of the stadium if we want.I don't really think that I have to ask anyone to start a conversation about Juve (and not only what happens in the pitch).
What is this <agree or shut-up> logic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)