Maxwell (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Genoa can but half for like 5.5m € and even the whole contract but we can counter that offer so that would leave them still with half.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
Whats with all thoes Left back deals..

I see no reason to spend money on Maxwell, Grosso or Dessena when we have Criscito !.. We should invest on a Right Back !
I say no to Dossena, it would be an offense to buy a Liverpool flop (I hate them)
As for right back, Zebina is pretty good, i don't like John Travolta (Grygera) I think Salihamitzic could be a great replacement.

By the way I read that Yaya Toure is having problems with barca, he could fit in Juve Squad :D

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
I say no to Dossena, it would be an offense to buy a Liverpool flop (I hate them)
As for right back, Zebina is pretty good, i don't like John Travolta (Grygera) I think Salihamitzic could be a great replacement.

By the way I read that Yaya Toure is having problems with barca, he could fit in Juve Squad :D
we already got momo for that position,good thing about toure is that he can actually pass the ball:p

May 19, 2007
with all those LB we are linked with i think we should sell Molinaro keep De Ceglie as backup, if we dont get Criscito get Grosso (he is a good crosser and good in defence) and we are set on that side

if im not mistaking we are linked with

Maxwell
Grosso
Dossena
Filipe (never seen him play)
Pasqual
Abidal
Zhirkov

Mar 30, 2006
with all those LB we are linked with i think we should sell Molinaro keep De Ceglie as backup, if we dont get Criscito get Grosso (he is a good crosser and good in defence) and we are set on that side

if im not mistaking we are linked with

Maxwell
Grosso
Dossena
Filipe (never seen him play)
Pasqual
Abidal
Zhirkov
Out of those.. Maxwell or Felipe would be my first choice. Grosso is old but still a good player and Pasqual would be a nice cheap option but is he really Juventus starting material?

-Abidal I used to like but he is too shaky
-Zhirkov is too expensive and more of a left winger is he not?
-Dossena was good at Udinese a year ago.. so if he can return to the player he was he would be ok

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
If the club wanted to develop de ceglie than a player like grosso wouldntbe such a bad purchase as we could slowly implement de ceglie.

just seems such a watse if criscito wasnt brought back though.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
:lol:

i would not call him a flop at pool either. he played very well for them and only lost his place to Mascherano and Xabi. But before his injury and benching he was praised in the EPL for his performances right? I remember when Pool knocked out Barca Sissoko was on top of the world.

AHhhaha, Sissoko doesn't count he is muslim (that was funny)
He was not a flop, while he was in starting XI, (my friend a liverpool fan) used to talk about him all the times, cos I don't watch liverpool. But I watched the game against Barca he masacared whole barca offence and midfield inlcuding Ronaldingho (who was on fire).
Still I'm sure dossena will do well in Juve but we don't to spend money on him. We just have to get back cristicio :). or let Chiellini play in his natural role :p (LB) (you guys are going to kill me )

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Any news on the Maxwell situation?

I am starting to worry that our plans are as the media has suggested, that we will go for Grosso, and if that fails, then we go for Dossena.

I can understand going for Grosso , but not Dossena. Grosso has vastly superior technique to the current crop of juve defenders (De Ceglie and Molinaro) and Dossena. Whereas Dossena offers virtually no improvement on what we have, perhaps even creating a deficit, overall, in our left back capabilities.

Lyon are chasing Santos. Lyon for fucks sake...not Real, or Barca, or Man United...as far as I know. We should be looking at him. A younger, more vibrant, more risky option, to Grosso, but a better one. Or how about Maxwell??? Who would be another massive improvement on what we have, and perhaps, with his confidence restored, could be a far more astute signing than Grosso.

Santos...Given a choice of Lyon or Juventus. Surely he would want us. We have more prestige, more history, more life...dont we?

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Hmmm, all these speculations about the LB position got me wondering about Maxwell aswell. I've watched him in the Dutch league when he played for Ajax, and I must say I've always liked him. He always gets the job done and he's one of the players who has the right characteristics for our LB position. We should definitely look at him, and put him upthere as one of the main targets, far... farrrrr ahead of Dossena.

I'm not too sure about Santos, because I had never seen him before the ConfCup, and I've only seen parts of the Brazil games. Younger options should always be taken in consideration though.

And yes... Juventus > Lyon. No competition, I don't think any player would choose to play in France if Juve came knocking.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Why don't we just take a risk on santos. He could end up a great player, but Lyon will get him before we do. We fear risk apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)