Maxwell (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
So you would rather we didn't have Buffon, Chiellini, Giovinco, Marchisio, Cannavaro, Grygera, Tiago, Poulsen, Camo, Del Piero, De Ceglie, Momo, Melo???

It doesn't change whether they live and breathe Juve...in fact, there are definite benefits, in terms of technique...testing themselves against the world's best, and also in terms of passion and heart, because for most players, its an honour to play for their country.

I never said it was the sole measure of quality, or that if a player wasnt chosen for his national team then he was a lesser player...If Diego improves (which he still can at his age), becomes consistent in europe and at the top of Serie A, and forms a decent connection with Melo, I am sure that Dunga will give him some time for Brazil.As for Amauri, I dont think he is good enough, compared to the players vying for the same role in the Brazil team..For Italy, yes, if we are continuing to play with a target man, it will be Amauri and Toni.
that is not what i was on about. I am implying that players dont necessarily have to be playing for the NT to be a good choice for the club.

As for measuring, i think the CL gives players the opportunities to play against the worlds best and prove their worth.

NTs like Brazil have an array of world class players, if amauri and diego are not being chosen, it doesnt concern me when the likes of kaka and luis fabiano are lining up in those positions instead.

Last but not least, juve has Tiago and Grygera, both NT players and both are not lighting the world on fire for us.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
'In fact, id rather have all players not playing for the NT, at least that way they live and breathe juve instead.'

that is quite a clear statement to make, adrian. So if you wish to argue with yourself, please continue...but I was responding to the line quoted above...

and I have already written:
"I never said it was the sole measure of quality, or that if a player wasnt chosen for his national team then he was a lesser player"

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
But cca 368 players play in Diego's position that's for sure. BTW,Diego did represent Brazil on several occasions while Maxwell never did. Neither he will(most probably). So for now and on,never than less Dunga is crazy or not,Andre Santos will be "Maradona" of leftbacks for Maxwell. Period.
I can`t believe you truely believe in what you write
Maxwell isn`t playing much Santos does and also managers can make mistakes
Cassano is a great player and had a great season but wasnt called for the confederations cup
DP is a great player but wasn`t called
Iaquinta`s last season should have promised him a starting spot in the lineup but that wasn`t the case eigther
It`s all about the manager`s descision and lots of times managers does dubious or idiotic choices.
I`m not saying picking Santos to play for Brazil is an idiotic one but I do say that Maxwell is better and should Dunga have picked him instead Brazil would have probably looked better
altough again I must say that choosing another way lead you for another path and it can go for a good one or a bad one luckily for Dunga Brazil won
would they win with Maxwell instead I don`t know
My point is that with Maxwell they are potentialy better!

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Oh, but wait, I come from a 3rd world country, and am living in another one (similar to the Canarian Islands :p). Who am I to question such statements made by superior beings with a vastly superior intellect to mine when it comes to football?

After all, I am not a "real fan" who goes to "real stadiums" to watch "real" football matches. In all probability my dad went to jail for stealing a loaf of bread, and my mom had to sweep homes to ensure we had enough food on our plate every night. I should stick to rice and Muay Thai :p

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This thread doesn't make much sense to me. Remind me to eat these words if we sign him, which I do not see happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)