Mauro Icardi - ST - ***** (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Offer of 55m + higuain to inter - Romeo agresti
Sounds like a good deal if we pull it through! Icardi at just 25 yo is one of the best goal scorers in world football. An absolute superstar for Inter. Single handly responsible for a number of victories for Merda. This is a player who can be super decisive.

Icardi is just as good as Higuain IMO. And age is on his side.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
I hate this guy, but seriously, to have him lead the attack with Dybala - Berna - Costa
That is some scary forward line! As much as an asshole this guy is, and that shiitty of a wife, he works his ass off on the pitch.!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Does this guy need spoon-fed service in the box to score or can he actually contribute to the buildup play?

- - - Updated - - -

the only player with a worse agent than Raiola, that couple managed to embarrass Inter on several occasions, that's no easy feat to achieve, do not want that circus anywhere near Juve. besides, he's not even that good, 29 goals and 1 assist in 17/18, Dybala must be ecstatic about the new partnership, would rather resurrect Balotelli than pay obscene amounts for this clown
He only had 1 assist ALL season? :D

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Does this guy need spoon-fed service in the box to score or can he actually contribute to the buildup play?
The problem Higauin had this season was that he had to drop deep a lot of times to help with build up and mostly not be good at it. I can't see Icardi doing any better (probably a lot worse).
If we get a great CM, then it's fine I guess. Otherwise it'd be more of the same as this season.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
icemaη;5757246 said:
The problem Higauin had this season was that he had to drop deep a lot of times to help with build up and mostly not be good at it. I can't see Icardi doing any better (probably a lot worse).
If we get a great CM, then it's fine I guess. Otherwise it'd be more of the same as this season.
I wanted a faster striker...been saying for half the season (not that I wanted to sell Higuain, rather, someone to rotate with pace)...seems, at least according to FI, that's the reason Max wants to sell Gonzalo. Having zero pace up top kills our attack on so many occasions. Add to that, as you said when he drops back so often, he has a lot of ground to cover getting forward.

He won't exactly burn a defense with pace.

- - - Updated - - -

btw did anyone talk to higgy about it?
:lol:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
that's basically higuain's residual value (54-something millions) + 55m to make it a total of 110m, icardi's buyout price.

#wearesorich

will quickly turn into #wearesoplusvalenza when we are required to offload another key player to balance our spending :beppe:

- - - Updated - - -
@Mister , Romeo dint tweet these rumours on his Twitter account. Where you getting your stuff from, mate ?

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Offer of 55m + higuain to inter - Romeo agresti
Where did you see that?

- - - Updated - - -

He only had 1 assist ALL season? :D
No, he is very good at holding up the ball under pressure, aerial duels etc. I remember him torturing the life out of Bonucci last season at Meazza. He loves playing with his back to the goal so he's also good at 1-2 passes and creating shots around the area for his teammates.

He had one assist this year, but 7-8 last year. In the highlights I've seen at least 3-4 missed clear cut chances by his teammates from his passes. It's not important really for a guy like him who likes to try to break the offside trap. Cavani had 1-2 assists last year, this year 8-9. Him being aggressive and scoring at a great rate (33%) is way more important.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Where did you see that?

No, he is very good at holding up the ball under pressure, aerial duels etc. I remember him torturing the life out of Bonucci last season at Meazza. He loves playing with his back to the goal so he's also good at 1-2 passes and creating shots around the area for his teammates.

He had one assist this year, but 7-8 last year. I the highlights I've seen at least 3-4 missed clear cut chances by his teammates from his passes. It's not important really for a guy like him who likes to try to break the offside trap. Cavani had 1-2 assists last year, this year 8-9. Him being aggressive and scoring at a great rate (33%) is way more important.
:tup:

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
icemaη;5757246 said:
Why do people think you have to be supremely technically gifted to be able to help in the build up? The most important thing is you're strong (to hold the defender behind your back and stay on your feet) and not be a complete idiot with the ball at your feet to be able to spread passes to a free oncoming teammate. Llorente was excellent in the build up in the last Conte season because no one could come close to the ball when he shields it. Higuain is stocky but loses balance way too easily and takes a long time to control the ball and tries to do too much. Good first touch, shield the ball and spread it out to the first open teammate, nothing more.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
that's basically higuain's residual value (54-something millions) + 55m to make it a total of 110m, icardi's buyout price.

#wearesorich

In terms of book value selling higuain for 55m will be a no profit/loss transaction.

Icardi on a 5/yr contract will cost us 11m/yr.

In comparison Higuain currently costs us 18m/yr.

@Xperd talking on top planet TV.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Why do people think you have to be supremely technically gifted to be able to help in the build up? The most important thing is you're strong (to hold the defender behind your back and stay on your feet) and not be a complete idiot with the ball at your feet to be able to spread passes to a free oncoming teammate. Llorente was excellent in the build up in the last Conte season because no one could come close to the ball when he shields it. Higuain is stocky but loses balance way too easily and takes a long time to control the ball and tries to do too much. Good first touch, shield the ball and spread it out to the first open teammate, nothing more.
Do the simple things right. When you have pace on the wings you definitely need to have a striker that has that ability to get those players involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)