Mauro Camoranesi (113 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I dont think the management disrespect him, they offer him an increase and he didi want it.

This hole thing of "disrespect him" its just becouse people want to make another "Trezeguet" of him, when the case is VERY diferent.
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense, considering this whole Trezeguet nonsense happened about a month after Deschamps' departure.

Some people here must be lying about their age as many here forget things rather easily. Less than a month though wow, that's pretty fucking bad.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Both Trezeguet and Camoranesi expected improved contracts. I don't know why did they expect that. Maybe they found it logical after staying in serie B and maybe because the BOD actually promised them wage increase. I wont speculate because i dont know whats the truth.

I suppose they expected to get the same money Gigi and Nedved make and it was an unpleasant suprise for Camoranesi to see the wage increase is £71,000 a year (lets be honest, each one of us, if we were millionaires, would have felt insulted with this increase. The BOD would have been less insulting if they offered him the same money he was getting until now) and it was even more unpleasant for Trezeguet to see they are offering him less than what he was making so far.

In case of Trez i do blame the BOD while in Camo's case i won't take sides because i dont know the talks he and the BOD had during the year about his future.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I dont think the management disrespect him, they offer him an increase and he didi want it.

This hole thing of "disrespect him" its just becouse people want to make another "Trezeguet" of him, when the case is VERY diferent.

I dont have anything against Camoranesi, I think he is a good player, but we all know that he is not the type of player that is "loyal" to a team, he will always choose whats good for him and this decition will not be based on heart, but on head, and the best explample of that is when he had to choose to play between Italy and Argentina, he knew that the best chance for him was to play in Italy, he knew that if he went to play in Argentina, he posibly didnt have the same chance to play becouse there are better mids in Argentina than in Italy.

And this is not a bad thing, he is a smart man, but knowing these about him makes me realize that maye the best thing for him is leave Juventus.

I dont blame the management on this one.

Goodbye Camo, thanks for your time here and all the best for you.
Espectro that is factually wrong. Because I can recall vividly Camo actually asked Italian F.A to give him 2 weeks decision period to see if Argentina was intent on calling him up. Likewise, Deco, Camo ended up with Italia not because of his choice, but the country of origin simply deemd to be their surplus to requirement.

I am not saying Camo is loyal, but he is far from being disloyal. Camo's initial brush with management team came when he was paid less than a million Euro! never mind all those fat packages of his teammates. Inter showed interests and as all sane man would, he simply used such overtue to get the best deal, which he eventually got. I didnt follow Serie B last year, but the matter of fact is Camo did stay on, and over the highlights he looked awfully good at times. He showed passion on the pitch, and joy he displayed when the likes of De Ceglie scored was priceless. I think he is a good man who just simply has temptous character, which gives him the perception of rebel. And yes, he is a player of highest quality and not fully appreciated by his own fans (Myself included at times). He isnt Quaresma, Ronaldo, Nasri, but very good nonetheless. And that matters most as to why we should keep him.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I would like to see Camo stay but I'm not that bothered.

I wonder how much the club really wants to keep him because, if Ranieri wants to player an orthodox 4-3-3 which sounds likely, he wouldn't really fit into the system. Maybe the board are happy to play Iaquinta/Micolli at the RW and bring in someone else to play right CM. Camo could play as a right sided CM but it wold depend on who else will play in midfield. Nedved and Camo couldn't both play in a 3 man midfield.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Both Trezeguet and Camoranesi expected improved contracts. I don't know why did they expect that. Maybe they found it logical after staying in serie B and maybe because the BOD actually promised them wage increase. I wont speculate because i dont know whats the truth.

I suppose they expected to get the same money Gigi and Nedved make and it was an unpleasant suprise for Camoranesi to see the wage increase is £71,000 a year (lets be honest, each one of us, if we were millionaires, would have felt insulted with this increase. The BOD would have been less insulting if they offered him the same money he was getting until now) and it was even more unpleasant for Trezeguet to see they are offering him less than what he was making so far.

In case of Trez i do blame the BOD while in Camo's case i won't take sides because i dont know the talks he and the BOD had during the year about his future.
Well I give simple solution; I say fire all those "consultants" that seems to be around this new management board. The amount Secco takes home for bring likes of Iaquinta & Ranieri would more than off-set the increase asked by Camo. That makes fans happy, players, and do world of goods to our FC. FC isnt a very complex model compared to other multi conglomerates around the world. You don't need 10-20 people to help you make decisions. Its product orientated meaning all those marketing ends of jack shit unless you get some results on the board. That requires talents, not consultants. To require talents, you actually need to have guys watching tapes over and over, since unlike baseball there isnt much statistics you can pile up because there is too little "sample space" of results to record. That means putting more scouts in the team, and place them all over the world in places like Argentina, Brasil, Africa, and Asia so we get next Messi, Kaka, Weah before they become expensive. 5 good scouters is worth more than Secco, and you can book it.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I would like to see Camo stay but I'm not that bothered.

I wonder how much the club really wants to keep him because, if Ranieri wants to player an orthodox 4-3-3 which sounds likely, he wouldn't really fit into the system. Maybe the board are happy to play Iaquinta/Micolli at the RW and bring in someone else to play right CM. Camo could play as a right sided CM but it wold depend on who else will play in midfield. Nedved and Camo couldn't both play in a 3 man midfield.
Camo is at a stage of career, and contractual wise where we will be hard pressed to get equal value for money. From sporting perspective, yes, he can replaced. I think Quaresma and Van der Vaart, or Robinho for that matter, are more talented player than Camo. But the question is where do we start this rebuilding process, and where do we need money most? Camo isnt the one, and shouldnt be the one of rebuilding process. Its rather silly for a team that probably isnt running for championship to actually give a player who represent best value for money proposition.

Wraith

Sep 1, 2006
Well I give simple solution; I say fire all those "consultants" that seems to be around this new management board. The amount Secco takes home for bring likes of Iaquinta & Ranieri would more than off-set the increase asked by Camo. That makes fans happy, players, and do world of goods to our FC. FC isnt a very complex model compared to other multi conglomerates around the world. You don't need 10-20 people to help you make decisions. Its product orientated meaning all those marketing ends of jack shit unless you get some results on the board. That requires talents, not consultants. To require talents, you actually need to have guys watching tapes over and over, since unlike baseball there isnt much statistics you can pile up because there is too little "sample space" of results to record. That means putting more scouts in the team, and place them all over the world in places like Argentina, Brasil, Africa, and Asia so we get next Messi, Kaka, Weah before they become expensive. 5 good scouters is worth more than Secco, and you can book it.
That is an insightful and true statement. I hope we keep Camo, in particular since we haven't been linked with any right wingers recently and either Brazzo will have to fill in his role [not as well] or we won't be able to play 4-4-2. If Brazzo plays right wing, then we won't have enough depth on that side. It seems the money we're looking at getting for Camo isn't worth the potential cost of a new player and the loss in ability because the team will have yet another new guy. But yes, putting it simply, overall we would be better off with scouts than with consultants.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Exactly and good post. For a club such as Juventus we have really lacked in terms of scouting for young talents, especially in South America.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
That is an insightful and true statement. I hope we keep Camo, in particular since we haven't been linked with any right wingers recently and either Brazzo will have to fill in his role [not as well] or we won't be able to play 4-4-2. If Brazzo plays right wing, then we won't have enough depth on that side. It seems the money we're looking at getting for Camo isn't worth the potential cost of a new player and the loss in ability because the team will have yet another new guy. But yes, putting it simply, overall we would be better off with scouts than with consultants.
Thanks for keeping short for me.:D But yes, given the kind of decision Secco has been coming up with Trezeguet & Camo, I think we better get some scouts to "cover" their mistakes. Who in the right frame of mind would give a contract that is lower than the existing one, when the player in negotiation can (1)buy off his contract, and (2) a year left to go! That is an invitation to potential suitors that they can get Trezeguet for a rip off price. Moggi was good, not because he has a god's eyes for talent, because he had a great network of scouts, talent evaluators working in Italia. Maybe too good for his sake, because he probably didnt felt the need to extend his network to other countries. A lot of people simply don't understand the business process behind the scenes. We didnt buy Kaka because Moggi found his name to be "funny' but simply he had no respectable scouter in Brasil who he can take words for. And previously he got burned with Athirson who was touted as the next big thing in Brasil, so he obviously didnt wanted to get burnt again. And there is no way Secco at the age of, what 28, 30?, could have built a network of local teams, scouts working for him, and having his full trust. Sorry son; I know you did well in your exam, and all that. But get some grass root experience before running Juve. And Tardelli, less said the better. Man whose managerial experience include disastrous Inter (for even their own standards), and literally ruining Bari, well I will pass on that.

Sep 2, 2004
He has been a good player for us, one that would help us greatly in returning to the top. But Camoranesi is not world class and his attitude over the years has quite frankly reeked that I think he's been wanting away from Juventus for a while. If he wants to leave, let him go. You can't keep a player who doesn't want to play for you anymore.
i agree wit u, im just pissed that he whinnes all the time

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
Fellow Bianconeri, the whole issue between Camo and the BOD is simple negotiation.

1. Juve offers a low-balled contract extension because they have just signed Salihamzic and have Marchionni already so the position has the required depth and with the latter signing a contract extension late last month, they BOD feel theirs is a good first offer.

2. Camoranesi has negotiating leverage as well and excersized them very well through his very vocal agent stating that he would transfer to one of three rival clubs in Italy. Secondly, Camo is WC winner and that alone does deserve at worse some contractual benefits from the BOD of his respective club. Like stated earlier in this forum, he has been underpaid for a while and he wants to cash in.

All in all, Juve will likely increase his pay wage in the last straws of negotiation because they should (hopefully) understand the quality of the player(s) (Trez) we will lose unless they can justify selling their assets at a profit and bring in players at the same level or potentially higher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 111)