Mauro Camoranesi (12 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I didn't ignore it, I'm just too busy to return to the discussions we've had a month ago. It's a waste of time to discuss subjects with people who forget things so easily, including somebody such as Jack. He has never made any sense in my opinion and negated me as a facebook friend, but he can do that all he wants. I just won't respect him regarding his football knowledge because he potentiallly thinks that I'm out to insult him. I'd might as well put him on my ignore list while Rami is the one I should listen to.
That's good and all, but I really haven't seen proof the board mistreated Deschamps. I mean, bar some very unlikely rumours, all we know for sure is that Deschamps got a pay rise, but wanted even more.

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I disagree.

Nedved and Del Piero are able to play the 90min, I'm not sure if you followed Serie B this season, but they proved that they're still able to do their job perfectly. Not to mention Serie B is twice if not more as hard as Serie A...from tech point of view.

That said, Both Del Piero and Nedved are eager to take the team back to where we were before, they both know that lot of fans are depending on them, Nedved can still run more than any young talented player, the man never stops running. And Ale isn't liking the idea of being taken out during the game because he's convinced he can play till 90min.

I'm really not worry about these two.

Zuri, they've both lost a year in B. And it's really a question of coming up to speed with the big guns in the Serie A: Milan, Inter and Roma. And to some extent, now Fiorentina. I personally believe, Del Piero is going to need a lot more support up front, and the only real way for him to flourish now will be a three man front. Nedved on the other hand, has lost a couple of yards in pace. And while the grit and determination in both players is more than evident, we as fans must understand that their bodies can only allow them to do so much. So them being eager to make us achieve that level once again is one thing, but actually going the distance and playing an important part to make it happen is quite another. Let's not forget Neddy is also contemplating retirement at the end of the forthcoming season. So dont see how we'd compete with the big 3 if our old legs prove to be the only weapons we have. They're important no doubt, but quite frankly it's the bench strength that's going to prove decisive in our quest for glory.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
I know some people will come and tell me that there is nothing new in this article, but I think it just gives an idea about how Mauro's history developed with the club.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Mauro German Camoranesi :: A Retrospective - By Scorpio

Initially drafted in to cover the imperious Gianluca Zambrotta, Mauro Camoranesi has firmly cemented himself into Juventus’ premier line-up, with his attacking talent and creativity in midfield, Camoranesi has proved to be a valuable addition to Juventus’ offensive armory. JuveFC.com profiles Camoranesi in his fifth season at The Delle Alpi, highlighting his most glorious moments, his problems with discipline and whether the team can accommodate a player who has made his lack of desire to play for the fallen giants public knowledge.

Born in Tandil, Argentina on October 4th 1976, Mauro German Camoranesi Serra, unlike many Argentine footballers began his professional career in Mexico with club Santos Laguna SC, before returning to his native homeland to join CA Banfield. Mexico again beckoned in 1998, where Camoranesi spent two seasons with the Mexico City based Club Deportivo Social Y Cultural Cruz Azul, where he scored 32 goals in his 80 appearances before being enticed by the glamour and prestige of Italy’s Serie A.

In 2000 Camoranesi excelled at Serie A side Hellas-Verona FC, his fine performances aided his side in avoiding relegation to Serie B in the 2000/01 season. Unfortunately for Camoranesi, Verona couldn’t avoid the drop in his final campaign despite scoring 3 goals in 28 games Verona were relegated. His efforts caught the eye of Italy’s finest clubs and he finally left the Stadio Marc Antonio Bentegodi, for the lure of Turin’s finest “vecchia signora”, for a fee in the region of £2million.

Having secured a four year deal at the Delle Alpi, Camoranesi was expected to provide cover for Gianluca Zambrotta. With Marcello Lippi masterminding Zambrotta’s transformation to left back, having previously played on the right side of midfield, Camoranesi found himself appearing regularly on the right flank, a position he soon made his own. In his newly adopted role Camoranesi scored four times in 30 matches as Juventus went on to retain the scudetto. During the 2002/03 season Camoranesi featured heavily in the Champions League, where the bianconeri were robbed of the illustrious accolade of being named Europe’s elite, by losing on a penalty shoot out to league rivals AC Milan.

His inspiring performances not only endeared him to the Juventini, but also caught the eye of then Azzurri coach Giovanni Trapattoni, who with the aid of Marcello Lippi convinced Camoranesi to exercise his dual nationality and opt for a career with the Italian national team. Mauro made his debut for the national side in the 1-0 victory against Portugal, and has since secured his place with the Azzurri, illustrating his value in the world cup winning side with impressive performances when required.

Having proven to be a dependable first team regular in the previous season, Camoranesi turned out for his finest season to date as a Juventino, during the 04/05 season. With a respectable four goals in 35 games Camoranesi assisted Juventus into securing yet another domestic title. His presence was particularly valuable, when after the winter break la vecchia signora suffered a spate of injuries. Shortly after, Camoranesi shrugged off moves to league rivals Internazionale, as well as foreign suitors in the form of Manchester United and Real Madrid, to sign a contract extension binding him to Juventus until 2009.

It was his former season at Juventus which caused Camoranesi to receive such intense scrutiny. Although performing on a consistently high level throughout the season, Camoranesi’s temperament was questioned.

Camoranesi started the 05/06 season in scintillating form, scoring two goals in Juventus’ opening six fixtures (Empoli and Parma), allowing the club to build up a commanding lead at such an early part of the season. With three fixtures left in the pursuit of Lo Scudetto number 29, Camoranesi’s season comprised of 32 appearances with 3 goals to his name, most notably the winner against La Viola. He also collected 5 yellow cards in the league, one of which was against Livorno in a bizarre game for the winger during week 11 of Serie A, where he was substituted twice! Having come on to replace Adrian Mutu (63’) he seemed somewhat edgy, and needlessly went in with a dreadful tackle on Lucarelli, which resulted in him being re-substituted on 83 minutes! Despite rumours that the relationship between player and coach had become strained, Fabio Capello insisted there was no animosity between him and his midfielder, who suffered the same ignominy midweek against Bayern Munich in the Champions league due to a similar incident, where he replaced Robert Kovac and was replaced himself after 15 minutes.

It is more recent events that have caused the bianconeri tifosi to take notice and re-examine the importance of the player, his temperament, commitment to the club and more significantly the honour being a Juventino for another season. This is not the first time such thoughts have swept through Juventini minds, regardless of the public outbursts he has become prone to in recent weeks; Camoranesi put his Juventus future on the line not too long ago before the Calciopoli farce.

In the glamour tie of the Champions League quarter-finals Juventus traveled to Highbury for the first leg encounter against Arsenal, the inconsistent side in the EPL, but one of the two undefeated sides remaining in the Champions League. With the humiliating surrender to Liverpool at the same stage of the competition in the previous season still fresh in Juventini minds, the tifosi expected a more organised, more defiant Juventus, one reminiscent of the team who had spent more then 65 weeks at the summit of the Serie A table.

During the game Camoranesi was booked for a foul on Jose Antonio Reyes, which meant he would miss the return leg having picked up a yellow card during the group stages, in the 3-1 win over Rapid Vienna. With the Gunners out-playing La vecchia signora on all levels, Camoranesi was sent off for a second bookable offence, an inexplicable and needless tackle on Arsenal front man Robin Van Persie. His reaction provoked outrage amongst supporters and on-lookers, as the winger blew kisses and ironically applauded the crowd. Juventus went on to lose the tie and again perished at the quarter final stage at the hands of an English club. With the Juventus faithful wounded and humiliated for the second time in two seasons a scapegoat was needed, with Camoranesi and Coach Fabio Capello in the firing line. Camoranesi finished his 05/06 European campaign with 4 yellow cards, and a very costly red card.

With Juventus’ lead at the top diminishing weekly at that time, Camoranesi’s actions during the 1-1 draw with Cagliari were frowned upon by the bianconeri faithful. In a fiery encounter Camoranesi was caught on camera needlessly elbowing Alessandro Agostini.

The FIGC imposed a two match ban on the Argentine, meaning he would miss the game against Lazio, which ended in a stalemate, and the forthcoming game against Siena.

Having been so prolific during his career at the Delle Alpi, Juventus fans have become frustrated with the indiscipline and selfishness of the winger, prompting protests of a transfer at the end of the season for not only his temperament but also his lack of loyalty, especially in la signora’s hour of need. Alternatively some fans blamed the then coach Fabio Capello, who had been accused of” victimising ” the winger (as well as other pivotal players), hence causing him to erupt, and that a “favoritism” existed between the coach and other players despite their form. It was alleged that Capello was an unsympathetic coach, one who was emotionally unable to interact with his squad, and was fast running out of alternative strategies, despite his reputation as being one of Europe’s elite trainers. Loyalty on the other hand remained one of his weaknesses.

With the momentum of the early season fast diminishing it seemed that the board and the coach would let Camoranesi go at the end of last season. Whether Camoranesi was to stay or go, life after the winger was already being prepared for, with high profile suitors. Reports emanating from Spain maintained that Juventus had made a formal offer for creative midfielder Joaquin. This turned out to be unfounded as the talented midfielder joined Valencia during the latest transfer window.

At the time, Juventus’ most apparent steps to cover the possible imminent departure of Camoranesi were by the signing of Parma’s Marco Marchionni on a free transfer, the talented Italian winger was suspected to have already signed a pre-contract. More implausible transfer targets to replace Camoranesi came in the form of Manchester United’s Portuguese starlet Cristiano Ronaldo, who despite expressing his admiration for Juventus firmly pledged his future to his current club, despite his mass fall out with the English nation with regards his World Cup exploits, involving his swine-like Manchester United team mate Wayne Rooney.

Despite Camoranesi’s former season being memorable for the wrong reasons, its undoubted that he is a player of vast talent, one who has proved decisive over the past 4 seasons both domestically and in Europe. On the other hand it could be argued that he has tarnished the Juventus name, cost the La Vecchia Signora European glory with his outbursts in the past, and caused unrest within the squad with his persistent rants about leaving. We can hope that the guidance of new coach Didier Deschamps can once again inspire Camoranesi’s love for Juventus, and his conscience ensures he stands by the old lady.

However we look at it as Juventini it seems that Camoranesi will leave, despite his admissions of remaining until at least the end of the dreaded season in Serie B. It has also been made evident that EPL sides, Manchester United and Arsenal have offered Juventus the 7 million pounds they value the winger at. Offers like this won’t be made everyday, and it could be feared that Juventus could find such an offer too tempting to resist.

One could argue that the winger’s age could ensure he seals his much desired transfer away from Juventus, and the team could invest in more youth; we must also remember that Marchionni was bought in to cover any possible departure last season, and could almost allow this transfer to work heavily in Juventus’ favour.

His presence in the team is now almost vital and needed more then ever, with his gritty and determined way of playing his qualities are undeniably required, winning although is paramount to the Turin club as the task of re-instating Juventus once again with the worlds elite teams remains on the shoulder of all who define Juventus.

Whatever his fate, Camoranesi has cemented his place in Juventus folklore.

Juvefc.com

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
welcome to the m_elayyan fan club!! :D where have u been the past few month alfio?? we rest our case with m_elayyan.
hey bisco ahh no where really lol work mainly, soccer rehab visiting doctors phsyios chiro's to get me back playing football as soon as i can! i love m_elayyen he is a total joy to shit!

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
So how did the management really disrespect him? Does anyone have details and know exactly what happened?
They refused Didier to bring the players he wants, they want to bring the players they want and probably they will blame Didier if he couldn't make the best out of them. isn't this disrespecting?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
They refused Didier to bring the players he wants, they want to bring the players they want and probably they will blame Didier if he couldn't make the best out of them. isn't this disrespecting?
How do you know? By reading articles on Tutto Sport and Channel4?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Not to Ranieri so it seems.
Ranieri just came here, I am reading articles that he wants this and that player. I don't know what is the case with Ranieri, yet. But sure it will be clear later. At least he is speaking his mind and telling what players he wants. Let's wait the board's reaction before telling that Ranieri's treatment is different or not.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
How do you know? By reading articles on Tutto Sport and Channel4?
don't give me that, you claimed a lot of these transfers and those "Buffon will leave" rumors all the year, and you are telling me they are not reliable now?:faq1:

do you have better sources? where do you get them from? If the board is not denying these, and if Didier explaining his reasons and are not far from those mentioned in the papers, then you will believe it no?

This is getting out of sense btw, a lot of bull shiting is going on the forums. Dominic will agree with Seven all the time, Andy will always disagree with them, you will disagree with Andy etc etc.. we can't discuss it this way can we?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
don't give me that, you claimed a lot of these transfers and those "Buffon will leave" rumors all the year, and you are telling me they are not reliable now?:faq1:

do you have better sources? where do you get them from? If the board is not denying these, and if Didier explaining his reasons and are not far from those mentioned in the papers, then you will believe it no?

This is getting out of sense btw, a lot of bull shiting is going on the forums. Dominic will agree with Seven all the time, Andy will always disagree with them, you will disagree with Andy etc etc.. we can't discuss it this way can we?
Not a single time I based my assumption of Buffon on any of the articles I read. I read almost every news related to Juve but just to waste time. You can go back and look at my posts and see and all the time it was just my own predictions. Can I predict?

Do I have better sources? No I don't and I am not trying to find any but I am not believing anything from these bullshit news that come out daily. I believe only the official announcements of the site. Not even what players say because it is translated by reporter to English.

What do I care if Andy disagrees with Seven and Dominic does. All I am saying is the bullshit that is going on on the forums is all based on articles on the internet that has turned Juventus to a tabloid headline and they are just enjoying it by gaining more readers. The only opinion I have on the current situation is to wait and see Ranieri's plan, wait and see what players will leave and what players will arrive and just wait for the next season. Everything is just marginal.

If you got annoyed by asking you this question just forget it and go back to bashing Secco and saying that the management have mistreated DD.

Arrivederci.

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
We're better off with Mauro than without him...unless of course he has really made up his mind to go, and if he does, I hope he goes to a non-Italian club. He's the kind of guy you want on your side, not against you! Our board are apparently looking at his replacement, a "Portoghese" at Lyon, according to Mediaset text this afternoon.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Oh please. Just an example from the top of my head to dismiss this:

Andy likes Tiago and so do I, Dominic doesn't.

Sure, I mostly agree with what Dominic says and yes I do quarrel with Andy from time to time, but that doesn't mean it's a given. Look Snoop, I will always have my own opinion about football, no matter what others might think.

The thing with Deschamps is, we know for sure he quit, we don't know what the board did to mistreat him.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Not a single time I based my assumption of Buffon on any of the articles I read. I read almost every news related to Juve but just to waste time. You can go back and look at my posts and see and all the time it was just my own predictions. Can I predict?

Do I have better sources? No I don't and I am not trying to find any but I am not believing anything from these bullshit news that come out daily. I believe only the official announcements of the site. Not even what players say because it is translated by reporter to English.

What do I care if Andy disagrees with Seven and Dominic does. All I am saying is the bullshit that is going on on the forums is all based on articles on the internet that has turned Juventus to a tabloid headline and they are just enjoying it by gaining more readers. The only opinion I have on the current situation is to wait and see Ranieri's plan, wait and see what players will leave and what players will arrive and just wait for the next season. Everything is just marginal.

If you got annoyed by asking you this question just forget it and go back to bashing Secco and saying that the management have mistreated DD.

Arrivederci.
Man you know me, I don't beilive the papers their transfer rumors etc, how I tell you even Domenic when you guys tell me we will sign this x player, and I tell I won't believe it until it is official. But this case is different here, Didier's resignation
reason was written in most of the papers the same way. and also how the board commented on Didier's request to control the transfer. I didn't read news saying something else. also Didier's comments was backing these somehow. I won't believe that Didier left for 500K extra he asked. Also not to forget his salary was a joke..

I was in support of this board until they sacked Didier. Look to other reactions too, we are selling Balza. and probably will sell Camoranesi (I am not sure here) and Trez too. along with the players we sold last year. I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel, I lost my confidence with this board.

Look Snoop, I will always have my own opinion about football, no matter what others might think.
same here. You know what I meant man, when the forum divides to two, some will always disagree with other, and the insults fly in the air.. I just don't want to be part of it. anyway it's a misunderstanding I guess. :pint:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)