Mauro Camoranesi (27 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
“He wants a three-year contract, but the club have only offered him a £71,000 a year pay rise,” explained the midfielder’s representative.

“This way we cannot sign a new deal – I don’t think it’s fair to make this kind of offer to a world champion. If these are the conditions, the only thing we can do is move to another club.”
What a tempting Pay rise. I think Mauro has no justification to leave now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
I was saddened this afternoon, watching the football chat channel, Radio-Radio TV, to see that Mauro Camoranesi still hasn't signed the new 2 year contract with us. Like I already said, he plays straight from the heart and at least on the pitch he is willing to fight for the Juve cause! That's something any team needs and he's proven time and again both for us and the Azzurri that he's willing to put in more effort than just a professional performance requires. He, Alex, & Pavel (I wish he was Italian!) will ALWAYS do that!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Guys are you blind or what??? Do you read whole articles or just titles. Camo's situation can't be compared to Trez's. Board offered a rise to Camo and he is not satisfied, to Trez they offered decrease which is disrespectful and that's a big difference :faq1:
He whined and bitched an entire year and didn't perform. Camoranesi on the other hand played a great season. Big difference.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You don't know that.
Deschamps was offered a pay rise, but wanted even more. If you accept a contract and you're getting a pay rise a year later, it's somewhat illogical to become raving mad and leave your employer. All this pity for Deschamps is sickening.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
OK, our board is offering to him a symbolic payrise, but also Mauro's agent is exaggerating by telling he's a world champion like he's the only one. However I'm not sure about my feelings towards this situation. I want to bash a board and Camo at the same time :D But one thing is sure if we loose Camo it's that will be a big handicap for us. We need to keep the champs first and then to sign new ones, I'm not sure this the plan Gigi agreed on.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He whined and bitched an entire year and didn't perform. Camoranesi on the other hand played a great season. Big difference.
What are you talking about dude. Camoranesi has been bitching for years now and doesn't come close to what Trezeguet has done for this club. Not to mention it seems rather apparent that Mauro has wanted to leave for quite some time, so he can leave if he wants. I've never really liked him that much to keep him no matter what and he's overrated on these forums.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Deschamps was offered a pay rise, but wanted even more. If you accept a contract and you're getting a pay rise a year later, it's somewhat illogical to become raving mad and leave your employer. All this pity for Deschamps is sickening.
It wasn't about money, you idiot. It was about how the board treated him because if he really wanted substantial money he wouldn't have signed a contract with us to begin with.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What are you talking about dude. Camoranesi has been bitching for years now and doesn't come close to what Trezeguet has done for this club. Not to mention it seems rather apparent that Mauro has wanted to leave for quite some time, so he can leave if he wants. I've never really liked him that much to keep him no matter what and he's overrated on these forums.
Camoranesi has always played well and when on the pitch at least cared. Trezeguet has been a zombie this season. And when he did do something.. oh dear, do you remember the time he simply stole the ball from Del Piero who was about to tap it in an empty goal? Not to mention the look on his face when Trez missed as well.

And just for the record, Camo's brilliant.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It wasn't about money, you idiot. It was about how the board treated him because if he really wanted substantial money he wouldn't have signed a contract with us to begin with.
So what do you know about it all, Andy? Enlighten me. Look, we both know shit, but at least I can read Italian news sources who are a bit closer to the case than everything you might read. Deschamps WANTED out.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Like I said before, Trez is the player who whined least at the club. Gigi was making statements every week that he want a strong Juve and even than he might leave, and Camo kept telling he was forced to stay and taht is not fair cuz he is a world champion and he deserves to play in better competition. Trez still scored fifteen goals and was important part of our team.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Like I said before, Trez is the player who whined least at the club. Gigi was making statements every week that he want a strong Juve and even than he might leave, and Camo kept telling he was forced to stay and taht is not fair cuz he is a world champion and he deserves to play in better competition. Trez still scored fifteen goals and was important part of our team.
Trezeguet wasn't important. Boijnov would have done just as well, only he wouldn't have nicked goals from others.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
If anything this thread has made it evident, that Camoranesi is anything but overrated on these forums.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So what do you know about it all, Andy? Enlighten me. Look, we both know shit, but at least I can read Italian news sources who are a bit closer to the case than everything you might read. Deschamps WANTED out.
My Italian might not be as good as yours, but I do know some and can use dictionaries and other translation tools to figure it out. It's not really that difficult.

You're right, Deschamps wanted out. And the reason why he wanted out is because the board mistreated him and didn't respect his views on the club. Deschamps was screwed over once by the former management and by the looks of it this time, he didn't want to be screwed over again by being fired because he couldn't build the team he wanted while others made all the decisions for him. Anybody would leave in their right mind, so show him more respect please.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Camoranesi has always played well and when on the pitch at least cared. Trezeguet has been a zombie this season. And when he did do something.. oh dear, do you remember the time he simply stole the ball from Del Piero who was about to tap it in an empty goal? Not to mention the look on his face when Trez missed as well.

And just for the record, Camo's brilliant.
No, Camo hasn't always played well. His best season was Capello's first at the club, but last year it was clear he wanted out by his antics during matches and statements to the press. We know you're a big fan of the Azzurri Seven, but don't be biased just because Camo is a "world champion."

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
You're right. He wanted out to join Lyon, and he was appointed as Lyon coach with an imaginary salary. Bad DD. He was exploiting Juve's name to blackmail Aulas.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You're right. He wanted out to join Lyon, and he was appointed as Lyon coach with an imaginary salary. Bad DD. He was exploiting Juve's name to blackmail Aulas.
Yeah, many people here thought he wanted to join Lyon, but that turned out false. Now some of the same people state Didier wanted more money. Apparently those people never learn their lesson.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
No, Camo hasn't always played well. His best season was Capello's first at the club, but last year it was clear he wanted out by his antics during matches and statements to the press. We know you're a big fan of the Azzurri Seven, but don't be biased just because Camo is a "world champion."
Oh, please. I have always thought Camoranesi was a brilliant player. Even before he was ever called for the Azzurri. The fact he's a world champion doesn't cloud my view, but it does prove he's a vital player. After all he was indispensable in Italy's team. That ought to say something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)