Maurizio Sarri (33 Viewers)

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
And congratulations to him. He deserves it for today. I will never fail to celebrate a title for this club.

I still believe he isn’t the coach for this club, and isn’t good enough, but I’m happy for him, for this title.

PS. You said a domestic double is bare minimum to not be sacked, right? So it’s CL title or he should be sacked, according to your own standards, yes?
Agree. If he dont win CHL he will be a failure in my book. Just like all coaches post Lippi.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Compared to our previous and Allegri's last season at the helm we've basically had the exact same team as we do now just without the improvements made in the summer that Sarri arrived. I'll break up the most crucial parts of it because i keep seeing here debates about who has improved and what contribution has x has on y.

The way I see it.

-> C.Ronaldo - Improved? Yes , but also remember that CR7 started this season after a full season of accomodation in the previous one, then it's only natural that both him and Dybala after almost 2 years of playing together they would start to develop an much better understanding compared to their first 6-12 months of playing together.
-> Dybala - has indeed went back to his pre-Ronaldo's arrival impact on our team, perhaps our MVP this season but again, that's been mostly down to him also maturing and proving hisself after we've tried to offload him last summer.
-> Bentancur - has improved , but not thanks to Sarri, he is young and has been maturing, no matter the coach it's almost impossible not to expect Bentancur to improve after his 3rd full season here.
-> Cuadrado - is the same just that less injury prone this season, again proved his versatility and what an important asset he is to this team, only props that goes to Sarri is insisting with him at RB as his primary position,altough tbf it's not like we've had other better options there.
-> Costa - has been as injury-prone as always, however i'd say he was available at important times this season way more then he's been available last year so he's had somewhat of an more noticeable impact this year compared to the last.
-> Pjanic - has been as inconsistent as last season and pretty much on the same level as those around him.
-> Alex Sandro - started the season well but faded and got inconsistent/relaxed in the final stretch, but is that really in any way different then the way he's played last season or the way some of his teammates have done aswell? not so sure.
-> Bernardeschi - has never really been one of our star players but this season compared to the last he has been without a doubt a shadow of himself , very little contribution and little to no chemistry with Sarri in getting the best out of him either.
-> Bonucci - Just as inconsistent as he's been the previous years(be it at Milan or in Allegri's last season), started the season well and the captain armband has given him that extra responsability to not be as superficial as he tends to be at times but overall also faded away along with our gameplay throughout the season, overall indeed he's had a slightly better season than the last but still transmits that odd feeling of a mistake waiting to happen which is the f*cking last thing i'd want a Juventus captain to transmit, be it to his teammates or even worse, to his opponents.

So, after this i'd go with the fact that we've actually imporved our team compared to last season, not as much as we should in our CM department or not what some of us might have wished for but there's definetely no denying we are stronger on paper this year compared to last year. We essencially got:

-> Ramsey + Rabiot added to our already stacked midfield, supposedly to improve it and the latter is definitely showing positive signs, Ramsey however showed promising signs at the beggining but then kept being injured all season.
-> DeLigt + Demiral added to our already solid but injury-prone backline, Chiellini has been greatly missed but make no mistake that this transfers have solved many of our issues as we've seen what happened last year when we've had to start Rugani against Ajax and co., we've also missed Chiellini last year in the crucial stretch of the season.
-> Altough we did eventually lose Mandzukic we have however added Higuain back which in terms of pure goalscoring is an obvious upgrade, anyway frankly i would say we should/could have kept both of them for the remainder of this season. Overall Higuain started well but as the season went on i believe he started getting frustrated for being left on the bench more often than not and Sarri giving up on the 'trio' ideea with Dybala behind him and CR7.
-> Then the only real spot we can say it got downgraded was the Cancelo-Danillo swap which obviously proved how much of an mediocre player Danillo is (altough in terms of contribution he wasn't at all DeSciglio level bad), but anyway we've obviously had it planned ever since the summer to give Cuadrado a full season at RB whch proved it wasn't exactly that much of an downgrade afterall.
-> Also, we've got Buffon back which greatly adds to our locker room tranquility, we've missed him last season aswell and i honestly think we would have struggled way more without him arround.

Anyway, now that he is here is his Scudetto too and he's earned it even if only by having been carried along because overall there's not been much of an impact by Sarri on the league so far, this team still won the Seria A more or less on auto-pilot due to huge gap in quality and mentality between us and those who could supposedly challenge us. I still keep him accountable for gifting the Coppa Italia to Napoli and Supercoppa to Lazio, we must have won at least one of the two and not look so toothless in both of them, however us beating Inter both direct games was a pleasure to watch altough i'm not so convinced it was down to our better tactic rather then Conte and Inda bottling under pressure, but anyway we'll see how we fare in CL from here on, our defending as an unit must improve on all aspects and the know-how in dealing with certain phases of the game needs to get fricking sorted out, no more excuses from here on, we are strong enough to at least not have to worry about a team as in shambles as Lyon has been for the past year or two.

Congratulations again both to Sarri and the team for clinching the 9th Scudetto in a row which as been another historic achievement we are gratefull for but let's just please not fall asleep on one side and pretend like everything is fine, i really expect to see a different animal when it comes to CL and that won't happen if we or the players are already like ' grazzie mister' and acting as all it's fine after we've barelly done or won anything, grazzie for 1 out of 3 possible trophies so far? that's the type of mentality that could hurt us on the long term as we are still looking to fight for the 4th and last trophy left. so let's snap out of it get back to work, we've done nothing but the bare minimum expected so far.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Agree. If he dont win CHL he will be a failure in my book. Just like all coaches post Lippi.
thats a bit of a strech imo. It’s something we haven’t won in so long and there’s been a shit ton of people coaching us since. Except for modern Real Madrid it was far from common to win it 3, 4 times in a row since Bayern in the 70’s. Look at the champions list from the last time we won to today you get a different champion almost every year. That’s how hard it is. IMO our objective shouldn’t be to win but to fight for the title. Reaching the Quarter-finals or semi-finals is a more realistic objective.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
De Ligt
Ronaldo
Bentancur
Pjanic
Rabiot
Dybala
szczesny
Costa
Cuadrado
Sandro

I do not want to see their faces again on the pitch until Lyon. Absolutely NO REASON to play them in the next couple of weeks. None.

Yes, Lyon is rusty, but they are very well rested. Bring up the entire U23 squad for all I care.
Yeh,even when lyonis rusty, we are capable of outdoing ourselves doe the worst.

I sinxereky expect us getting kicked out, but lets give them a chsnce to see what happens. This is a weird year after all

Oct 23, 2011
Why do we think Lyon is going to be rusty? Sure, they haven't played in their domestic league for months, but they have been training for weeks now, played a bunch of friendlies and have a cup final against PSG in a few days. They'll be fit, well-rested and probably will have no injuries. A few important players that were missing in the first leg will also be ready to play again. We will have a real task at hand.

Apr 19, 2007
De Ligt
Ronaldo
Bentancur
Pjanic
Rabiot
Dybala
szczesny
Costa
Cuadrado
Sandro

I do not want to see their faces again on the pitch until Lyon. Absolutely NO REASON to play them in the next couple of weeks. None.

Yes, Lyon is rusty, but they are very well rested. Bring up the entire U23 squad for all I care.
Im not sure thats always a good idea. Better to keep the squad playing well while giving minutes to players we might need to make an impact.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Why do we think Lyon is going to be rusty? Sure, they haven't played in their domestic league for months, but they have been training for weeks now, played a bunch of friendlies and have a cup final against PSG in a few days. They'll be fit, well-rested and probably will have no injuries. A few important players that were missing in the first leg will also be ready to play again. We will have a real task at hand.
They are going to park the bus and hit us in the counters.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
He made them work together, but is the team better for it? No, we're worse in every way other than their individual stats.
I never said that Sarri made us better overall. There are many reasons why we were worse than last year. Pjanic has fallen off a cliff, Chiellini season ending injury, selling Cancelo for Danilo, Sarri’s obsession with a high line, etc...

But that doesn’t change the fact that he made our two best players work together, which Allegri could not do.

Nice try, Dybala played more and started more under Allegri last season.
Dybala has played 45 games compared to 42 last season, and this season still hasn’t finished yet. Likewise, Dybala played RW for most of last season to accommodate for Mandzukic.

Jan 22, 2016
Thank you mister for winning us Scudetto.
I surly expected much more from you but i believe our squad is quite overrated, apart from 4 or 5 players we lack real quality all around the pitch.

We have to remember he lost Chiellini, Demiral and Costa due to injury all season. These players would have helped us a lot if it weren't for injuries.

If we wanna keep him for the next season and expecting to play his brand of football , we have to give him the right players not scraps like Khedira, Matuidi, Danilo, de sciglio, Bernardeschi and ...

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I never said that Sarri made us better overall. There are many reasons why we were worse than last year. Pjanic has fallen off a cliff, Chiellini season ending injury, selling Cancelo for Danilo, Sarri’s obsession with a high line, etc...

But that doesn’t change the fact that he made our two best players work together, which Allegri could not do.
Also doesn't change the fact it doesn't matter a rats ass if the team is not better.

Dybala has played 45 games compared to 42 last season, and this season still hasn’t finished yet. Likewise, Dybala played RW for most of last season to accommodate for Mandzukic.
Nice try, again.

His minutes this season convert to 32 games worth of play. Last season it's 31. BUT - he started more games last season, he missed 5 completely through injury while 0 this season and I think he's been subbed off more times this year than last.

What position and how he played is not the point now, it's obvious he's better this year. But you're trying to make it seem like Allegri benched him and that's why he's better now.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Im not sure thats always a good idea. Better to keep the squad playing well while giving minutes to players we might need to make an impact.
If the game was 3 or 4 weeks away I would completely agree with you.

But it is 11 days away after a grueling run of games. The squad looks tired and I think we should rest everyone that we can until then. Whilst giving minutes to guys like Higuain and Ramsey who could contribute but haven't played as much.

May 27, 2008
Some of his defenders somehow think that our limping to the scudetto is because lack of players, injuries, covid break etc...

These people acts much like a driver who tries to park a Mercedes Actros to a Fiat 500 size park slot, with complete lack of perception and analyse.

His style of laying players within 15-20m deep and high pressing create the same blunders for Chelsea. Just take a look at their matches under Sarri, you can find loads of videos of his old matches. You will spot the exact same problems we have now. Without individual brilliances, nothing came out of this system.

It had only took 4 matches for Pep Guardiola to figure out how to break "Sarriball", which is pressing tight CB's with CF's. In that situation, all the narrow placement created useless high balls from defense, resulting with only one shot on goal. Does that sound familiar to you? Only one shot for entire match!

Sarri learned from that, thankfully, and evolved his defensive positioning this time, using centre midfielders to help defense, hence, tiring them alot, and that is why he always use Matuidi. At that point, it wasn't surprise to loose games we are leading because midfielders started to farting from their lungs.

What worries me most is passing Lyon and facing Manchester City.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
This is fine and all, but what happens if we loose to Lyon? Since this is a transitional year, will we lets this one slide?

Also, just for the record, i dont think i can take it if Real Madrid wins another CL. They have become in CL the Juventus of Seria A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)