Maurizio Sarri (186 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I'm starting to think that maybe you need to play awful football in order to win in Italy? We're 8 points ahead of teams who supposedly are playing great football. Same thing during Allegri's time when we played awful yet still dominated the league.

Jan 22, 2016
At this point I only want us to win the league. And Ronald wins the Golden boot.

We haven't changed a bit from last year. I surly expected much more than this shit show.

I don't think other coaches would do much more than this, we tried with 2 different coaches and the results are same. So, the problem lies somewhere else. Our squad is overrated. We only have 1 great CB, 2 injured CBs and 2 abysmal ones. Our midfield and fullback is shit and we have only 2 reliable player in the attack.

We badly need better players all over the pitch to change something. 2 new full backs and another B2B player are a must along side Kulu and Arthur.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
To say he's hardly better than danilo... I mean seriously
He’s obviously better than Danilo but he’s made more mistakes than him since he’s been back. I partly blame him (alongside Matuidi) for Atalanta’s 2nd goal last night. Neither made much effort to close the player down. Then he made that mistake in the debacle against Milan. Aside from those errors, he’s generally been a shell of himself from seasons ago. On a normal day, yeah he’s clearly better than Danilo but I won’t give him much points for that (not very hard).

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
He’s not going to lose the league. He would have to be utterly incompetent to do that.

Remember that bar was lowered to win Serie A. CL is not going to be held against him.

Het ready for another two seasons of this regressive project. Thanks Tici and Nedved.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Sarri and Juventus were always a weird fit. Our DNA is winning at all costs and Sarri´s philosophy is to play his brand of football and live with the results regardless of the outcome. He´s always been open about that.

Zidane at Real saw that his attacking line were not going to provide him enough goals so he focused on defense and 1-0 victories. Because he´s a guy who wins at all costs, hence why he would´ve been perfect for us.

Sarri will not adapt to his players to that degree, and we all knew that beforehand. To roll the dice on that style of football and not provide the players for that system is more on the management than Sarri. So either they sack him and go back to more pragmatic football or they have to go all in the upcoming transfer window and give him the players. They´re doing something in between these two right now and it´s backfiring heavily.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
So Sandro has been great by both your estimations? Let’s just agree to disagree if that’s the case..
There is a huge gap between being great and being abysmal, you know... And that's where Alex Sandro is performing.
Yes, he made a mistake against Milan. That's about it. Put any half decent midfielder in front of him and we'll talk again.

- - - Updated - - -

Sarri and Juventus were always a weird fit. Our DNA is winning at all costs and Sarri´s philosophy is to play his brand of football and live with the results regardless of the outcome. He´s always been open about that.

Zidane at Real saw that his attacking line were not going to provide him enough goals so he focused on defense and 1-0 victories. Because he´s a guy who wins at all costs, hence why he would´ve been perfect for us.

Sarri will not adapt to his players to that degree, and we all knew that beforehand. To roll the dice on that style of football and not provide the players for that system is more on the management than Sarri. So either they sack him and go back to more pragmatic football or they have to go all in the upcoming transfer window and give him the players. They´re doing something in between these two right now and it´s backfiring heavily.
Is it 'though? We're winning the league...

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
We´re the least chance creating team of all European giants, not even top 5 in Italy. Obviously I´m speculating, but the COVID schedule worked in our favour. Lazio ran out of steam a couple of rounds before us which saved us. A routine win for them against Lecce and Sassuolo and they would be 2 points behind us with an easier schedule.

Also, we just heaved a huge sigh of relief after scraping a point against Atalanta at home. A game we also expected to lose, that´s how low our standards are ATM. Lost both domestic cup finals, lost to Lyon and I´m not even confident we can hold on to this 8 point lead nor beat Lyon being a goal down. So yes, it has backfired.

But I´m not blaming Sarri, I blame the management. It´s like giving a painter hammers and screwdrivers to paint and we´re seeing the results. Either they should´ve provided the right tools or gone another direction knowing what they had.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 183)