Maurizio Sarri (4 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Entire season has been really poor. Quality of our game went down significantly. We are fortunate that Lazio is running out of steam towards the end. The team looks disjointed and without ideas, no creativity whatsoever once Dybala goes off. I dont understand why he keeps subbing Dybala out when Higuain clearly doesnt have impact on the game any longer. We havent been playing well consistently, we fail to control games and impose ourselves as more quality adversary. Every game is a struggle and considering the gulf in quality between us and the rest of Serie A, it shouldnt be.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Saved by penalties all season. 12 penalties already with 6 games left. More penalties already than any season in the 8 scudetto streak.

Looks like his whining earlier this year about the refs and saying we should go back to black and white stripes to get more penalties worked.
We also conceded a lot of penalties too.
I'm not pissed about pens and individual brilliance saving us, but more about the same garbage players making the starting XI time and again and of course the lack of variation in our tactics.

Jun 16, 2020
Got to laugh at the people who thought he had cracked it because we beat 10 man Lecce 4-0 and scored a few magnificent individual efforts v Genoa.

We have been awful all season. Look at our record against any remotely big club other than Inter.
Personally I wanted to wait till the end of the season before making any conclusions, but at this point there is no denial. He should go. And I think he will go.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
this season was horrible!! we are very underwhelming!! not one single proud performance and dominance.

alot of times we escaped embarrassment by luck !! but we got embarrassed also.

individual plays and saving our ass by top form Dybala is covering alot of the bullshit going on.

i really see nothing hopeful with this disgusting lowlife coach..

Gasperini is a Class compared to this mutherfucker.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Personally I wanted to wait till the end of the season before making any conclusions, but at this point there is no denial. He should go. And I think he will go.
Should have sacked him at the winter break. It was clearly not working. Now when do we make the change? The Champions League is so close to the new season.

- - - Updated - - -

Sarri will be judged on the results he achieves in the champions League
Hopefully - because we have no chance of winning it. When we get knocked out, I hope he is gone.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We also conceded a lot of penalties too.
I'm not pissed about pens and individual brilliance saving us, but more about the same garbage players making the starting XI time and again and of course the lack of variation in our tactics.
Oh, I’m not exactly pissed about it. I definitely want us to win scudetto obviously, even if it means we’re stuck with this clown for another year. But clown he is and his tactics have been mostly piss poor for us. We create next to nothing in open play against decent teams, far worse than Allegri’s sides of any period before the final 2-3 months of last season.

Jun 16, 2020
Should have sacked him at the winter break. It was clearly not working. Now when do we make the change? The Champions League is so close to the new season.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully - because we have no chance of winning it. When we get knocked out, I hope he is gone.
No I’d never change during the season, especially not when we were first in the CL group, first in Serie A and still in the Coppa. Barcelona made the same mistake with Valverde and in the end they just lost stability. Let him finish the season and let Agnelli don’t make any decisions in a rush. If they plan to change him they have a least some time to think about it.

Mentally this team is very fragile as we have learned, I seriously doubt that we’d get better results in Serie A with another manager, other than a really good people manager like Max or Zidane but that would never happen.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Gasperini: "It was a great performance against the league leaders, I told the team to treat this like a Champions League game, as we’ll face teams of this level in August."

Boksic

May 11, 2005
No I’d never change during the season, especially not when we were first in the CL group, first in Serie A and still in the Coppa. Barcelona made the same mistake with Valverde and in the end they just lost stability. Let him finish the season and let Agnelli don’t make any decisions in a rush. If they plan to change him they have a least some time to think about it.

Mentally this team is very fragile as we have learned, I seriously doubt that we’d get better results in Serie A with another manager, other than a really good people manager like Max or Zidane but that would never happen.
Look at Bayern though. Very similar situation to us, new coach and haven't looked back. Barcelona made the mistake of going for a complete nobody.

It was obviously not working at the winter break. If we changed and made a good appointment we would have.a good chance in the CL. Now I think we will struggle to get past Lyon never mind the next round.

I genuinely think just about any other Serie A manager could get the same level of performances as Sarri has.

Last edited:

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Is there any chance Guardiola becomes available this summer? At this point we all know we're going around waiting for him to be free.
Who knows? Maybe?

I doubt all the talk last summer was completely made up. I don't doubt we made at least some contact with him to test the waters. Pipe dream would be he said let me try another year for CL here, then I'll get back to you. But then why give Sarri a 3 year contract.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Look at post Covid form.

Got a few simple wins against vastly inferior opposition, thanks in no small part to Dybala. Against Napoli, Milan twice and Atalanta? Bar first 50 minutes or so against Milan, team looked impotent in attack and often worse defensively when against opposition of any quality and some here think this team is a CL contender...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)