Maurizio Sarri (177 Viewers)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Look at Bayern though. Very similar situation to us, new coach and haven't looked back. Barcelona made the mistake of going for a complete nobody.

It was obviously not working at the winter break. If we changed and made a good appointment we would have.a good chance in the CL. Now I think we will struggle to get past Lyon never mind the next round.

I genuinely think just about any other Serie A manager could get the same level of performances as Sarri has.
Who would you go for in the middle of the season? Bayern took a risk with their assistant manager and they were lucky it paid off. Most of us don't even know the name of our assistant manager.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Who would you go for in the middle of the season? Bayern took a risk with their assistant manager and they were lucky it paid off. Most of us don't even know the name of our assistant manager.
Allegri

But really just about anyone to get rid of Sarri. We even played better football under our assistant.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Allegri

But really just about anyone to get rid of Sarri. We even played better football under our assistant.
At the winter break, we were never going to do that with first place in the league and CL group. Also would Allegri take us forward seeing how last season unfolded?
He needs new players and a break from football to get back to his best.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I didn't say we would have but we should have. Prime example being what has happened at Bayern.
But it doesn't always pan out for the better. We have so many problems with our squad that changing the manager won't change much. Someone rightly pointed out the Barca case as an example. Quique Setien was definitely less of an unknown than Hansi Flick.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Who knows? Maybe?

I doubt all the talk last summer was completely made up. I don't doubt we made at least some contact with him to test the waters. Pipe dream would be he said let me try another year for CL here, then I'll get back to you. But then why give Sarri a 3 year contract.
Maybe if he wins CL this season and they're banned next year then he'll have a good reason to leave.

Jun 16, 2020
So so lucky tonight, we were atrocious.

Even if you take all the dreadful play and defending and tactics out of the equation. His team selection is abysmal. Rabiot on the right doesn't work, Costa is 100 times the player Bernardeschi will ever be (yes I know Costa as an impact sub, but given the difference in abilities I'd take 60 mins of a less impactful Costa every time), without Pjanic we couldn't keep the ball and Dybala (who was our best player) subbed after being one of the only players to be rested in the last match was idiotic. We completely lost all shape and momentum when Dybala was replaced.
Its all fun and games against the smaller teams, those games usually look really nice.

But big managers win big games. When other big teams try to take us on the counter and park the bus, we see a very static gameplay without real ideas.

When teams take the initiative it gets even worse and we don’t seem to find the momentum to win the game. We’re struggling with both styles the opponents usually use against us.

But what bothers me even more is that there is no real understanding between the players, in both situations. So many missed passes, runs that are not seen, even around the enemy area 3-5 meter passes are sloppy because there is no real understanding between the players. And in both situations nobody occupies the enemy’s penalty area

Besides that we’ve lost our winning mentality and we’re not as organized anymore as we’ve been since 2012 defensively.

I was expecting us to drop more points compared to Max, which is not strange for a new manager in his first season. But I really miss some basic routines or a general idea. We succeed in these things vs small teams, but if we can’t win anymore against the bigger teams in Serie A we should not even talk about the CL.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
But it doesn't always pan out for the better. We have so many problems with our squad that changing the manager won't change much. Someone rightly pointed out the Barca case as an example. Quique Setien was definitely less of an unknown than Hansi Flick.
It doesn't always work but Bayern are proof it can. It was never going to work with Sarri, we should have cut our losses early and made a step back to go forward. Now we are at the end of the season with virtually no chance of the CL.

It could have worked for Barca if they had any sense with their appointment. I'm sure Bayern knew their coach very well seeing as he was the assistant, he was not a nobody for them.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Giovanni Martusciello actually we played the best sixty minutes of our entire season with him as a coach against Napoli
remember when conte was banned after that failure to report case? alessio and carrera stood at the sideline, they called the subs, but the preparation decided how the team plays. and that was managed by conte. same goes for this season: sarri managed the preparation for all games.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Sarri: "We weren’t as sharp tonight compared to San Siro, but the team held out better over the 90 minutes and was more consistent.”

- - - Updated - - -

Sarri: We have faced one of the best & most sharp team in Europe. It is however an important and deserved point.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Then perhaps we should have had some foresight from our management last summer and fixed the squad for the world class manager who won us 5 straight scudetti, 4 Coppas, and had us relevant in Europe for the first time in a decade, playing two CL finals.... instead of sacking him and bringing in a stubborn mule of a 60 yr old with one single trophy in his career.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
It doesn't always work but Bayern are proof it can. It was never going to work with Sarri, we should have cut our losses early and made a step back to go forward. Now we are at the end of the season with virtually no chance of the CL.

It could have worked for Barca if they had any sense with their appointment. I'm sure Bayern knew their coach very well seeing as he was the assistant, he was not a nobody for them.
Bayern were losing the league we weren't..He has to go but in the summer not mid season unless we were 5th in the league or out of the CL group

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Loser coach with loser comments.

He's no Joker though - that guy is a criminal mastermind and a top notch strategist. Sorri Ass Canceh is neither. He's more like Wile E. The Coyote at this point.

Last edited:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
the reason team looks so off since break, is well three reasons

danilo plaing lb
matuidi/pjanic not being useful
and berna being meh

that's the problem

of course your team isn't going to play well when 3 players in very important positions are very poor.

now that AS is fit, left wing should improve. he should also play DC from start instead of berna, and both attack, and midfield will improve becaude DC can actually hold on the ball, and take pressure of mid AND help launch counter attacks.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
I could excuse Sarri for playing bad due to lack of creative mids... but this position to position sub every game ... every game ... it tells you how much limited mind he is ...

Zero creativity solutions from our coach ...always same subs same personals ...

This banker fraud all what he knows the quick movement which our team dont have the tools to support his approach ....

Project already failed and of course the main blame goes to whom hired him and not knowing what type of players we should have ...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Sarri is not a bad coach, but unfortunately cannot care our malady either.
The reason we change coaches, despite winning is that although we have by far the best material in the league, we are constantly in a state of underperforming, like 40%.
We have the the team to absolutely crush everyone 4-0, but we rarely do that and in the rare chance we face someone on form, we just can't cope.
Lazio in the opening and now Milan and Atalanta totally dominated and we seemed unable to step up...
Sarri made Napoli over perform, this is what i expected to see, someone to take advantage of our assets. In his career, Sarri managed that regularly, the problem lies with us and our mentality, we have lost the eyes of the tiger!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 169)