Maurizio Sarri (15 Viewers)

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Sarri: 'Something has changed'

“I think the team did well, even in the first half. We had clear chances, without conceding any,” he told Sky Sport Italia after the match.
“It was a good team effort and we scored three beautiful goals. The team have recovered well after the disappointment from the Coppa Italia, but it was only a matter of time before we were physically well.”
Barcelona-bound Miralem Pjanic was in the starting line-up against Genoa and Sarri claims the Bosnia international seems happy and expects him to contribute in the remaining games.
“I haven’t even talked to Miralem these days,” Sarri told Sky Sport Italia. “I often did it after the suspension, after the lockdown, because he had these 20 to 25 days in poor shape.
“We asked ourselves the reason and we tried to find the solution. It was a drop in the mental condition more than anything else.
“I’m sure he will do well in this period. I find him happy and calm. I have no worries.”
Sarri praised the French midfielder Adrien Rabiot after the final whistle.
“Rabiot’s performance was positive, he is making progress. Everyone expects a lot from him and it’s not easy.
“He didn’t play for seven months at PSG, he moved to a different country and he has changed style of play. Then he had a physical problem and the interruption. But he is developing.
Sarri has claimed Cristiano Ronaldo proves to be the best every time he decides to move the ball quickly and didn’t fear a reaction when he subbed him off in the second half.
“In the first half he went for the shot five times, so it means he was doing more than he should. Cristiano often plays to free himself to finish, but when he decides to move the ball quickly, he is the best of them all.
“Honestly, I was going to replace Dybala, then I chose Ronaldo, who has played many minutes. We discussed it over the last days, he knew that he would go off at 3-0 and he did it with serenity.”
Paulo Dybala and Cristiano Ronaldo combined well against the Rossoblu and the coach thinks the two stars have 'realised' the benefit of working together.
“Something has changed in terms of movements, but they have learned to look for each other more often,” Sarri confessed. “They have realised that by benefitting from each other, both reap the rewards. It’s something I have noticed in training too.”
Next up is the Derby della Mole against Torino and Sarri can’t confirm if Gianluigi Buffon will be back in goal, as Wojciech Szczesny conceded the first goal after the resumption against Genoa.
“I don’t know, the game has been over for 40 minutes. Gigi has signed a renewal with the club. He has many games available to set a new record.”

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's true, the stats are really impressive. I think a coach like Sarri will always be judged on performances, however. Juve signed him on the premise he would play galactico football, and it hasn't happened yet.

It's that thing I've said before about fans always wanting more. First you win, then you have to win with style, it's a bar very few teams reach.

As with any Juve coach, short term you have to win Serie A to stay in your job, and the CL within perhaps 3 seasons for the same.

Jan 22, 2016
The passing was fast and crisp last night and wasnt the usual chore to watch i think matuidi not being in field helped alot.
I think Genova constant pressing helped our team a lot.
Our players have learned how to pass them self out of pressure.we could easily bypass Genova's pressing with our excellent ball movements and whdn we passed their first line of pressing, we had tons of gaps to explode. Ronaldo's goal came from benefiting from that space behind their first line of pressure.

We would be happy if more teams decided to press us like Genova. Generally we have more problem against teams that play packed.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Sarri: "In Serie A we have a 78-79% win rate. It seems to me to be the highest % of a Juventus debut manager in the last 60 years. So despite what you feel, the team is doing well, growing in performance." [Sky via @NonSoloJuve]

:grin:
It's almost as though we have the strongest squad in Serie A and arguably the greatest player of all time in our team.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
one thing i noticed is that we suck closing games away from home with sarribal

for example, we scored 19 and conceded 12 goals after the break on the road last season in serie a. 4 of the 12 allowed goals came in last two trips, to roma and samp, when everything was done.

under sarri, we netted 10 and shipped 10 second half goals on the road prior to genoa game, and we have 4:5 GD in last 15 minutes of the games.

under max, we had 9:1 GD after 75' before roma and samp last season.

Last edited:

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
one thing i noticed is that we suck closing games away from home with sarribal

for example, we scored 19 and conceded 12 goals after the break on the road last season in serie a. 4 of the 12 allowed goals came in last two trips, to roma and samp, when everything was done.

under sarri, we netted 10 and shipped 10 second half goals on the road prior to genoa game, and we have 4:5 GD in last 15 minutes of the games.

under max, we had 9:1 GD after 75' before roma and samp last season.
Sarri does not remove an attacker for a 3cb in last 15 mins. I think that’s a good mentallitu especially in CHL when you need to score

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)