Maurizio Sarri (220 Viewers)

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I understand your point. However, mentality has to come with results especially for a big club. Many small teams would have an amazing attacking mentality but they still get relegated or not win any titles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well its his first season with us. And so far he hasnt been as terrible as peoppe make him. Example against Lecce when they were 2-0 down and one red card, some other coaches would have subbed in a defender for an attacker but he doesnt do that. And I appriciate it. I hope it works in our favor in the future.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Starting Bernardeschi over Costa should be a sacking offensive on its own.

His squad management also leaves a lot to be desired. Higuain badly needs minutes and now we will need to use him v Milan. Rugani should have got some minutes today too seeing as he is our only option to partner Bonucci. Then add in that Ramsey needs match time and Bentancur could do with a rest.

When you play every 3 days in the middle of an Italian summer you need to use your squad especially with so many close to suspension.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
His subs today were kind of dumb. He uses the first sub on Pjanic and then minutes later on Bernardeschi. That's 2 sub breaks out of 3 and it's unnecessary. The plan is obviously to sub on Costa for Berna. Why do you have to wait only 5 or 6 minutes to use another sub when Berna is playing so poorly? Just sub Pjanic and Berna at the same time.

Then he subs on Higuain with 15 minutes left and it's our last sub break. It should have been our 2nd last sub break. And then he subs Dybala who is out of the match vs. Milan anyways, you might as well let him run it out.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
His subs today were kind of dumb. He uses the first sub on Pjanic and then minutes later on Bernardeschi. That's 2 sub breaks out of 3 and it's unnecessary. The plan is obviously to sub on Costa for Berna. Why do you have to wait only 5 or 6 minutes to use another sub when Berna is playing so poorly? Just sub Pjanic and Berna at the same time.

Then he subs on Higuain with 15 minutes left and it's our last sub break. It should have been our 2nd last sub break. And then he subs Dybala who is out of the match vs. Milan anyways, you might as well let him run it out.
i also missed rugani's introduction, since he'll probably have to play vs milan. plus the game management was poor once again, we started very slowly after the break.

anyway, it's always nice to put winning streaks together, and despite the terrible start to the 2nd half, our defense finally clicks for most part of the latest games. shame for that bs penalty, an other clean sheet was very much on the cards today too.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Starting Bernardeschi over Costa should be a sacking offensive on its own.

His squad management also leaves a lot to be desired. Higuain badly needs minutes and now we will need to use him v Milan. Rugani should have got some minutes today too seeing as he is our only option to partner Bonucci. Then add in that Ramsey needs match time and Bentancur could do with a rest.

When you play every 3 days in the middle of an Italian summer you need to use your squad especially with so many close to suspension.
Berna adds balance

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Sarri: 'Surprised by Ronaldo and Cuadrado'
“We knew it wasn’t going to be an easy game, but we went in front early and doubled our lead soon after,” Sarri told Sky Sport Italia.

“Perhaps that lulled us into a false sense of security, so Torino’s penalty made us lose control of the match. We were a bit chaotic at the start of the second half, but when fatigue set it, that’s when our quality emerged.”

This was Ronaldo’s first ever free kick in the Juventus jersey, after 43 attempts in all competition.

“I honestly didn’t think this was bothering him, but at the end of the game he said: At last!” confessed the coach.

“I have a strong rapport with Dybala, we are honest with each other and I never had the slightest doubts about him. He was just a little unlucky last season, I always told him how he should train and play, just as he told me what he thought.

“I think I’ve managed to convince him that he needs to play closer to Ronaldo and not track back so much into our own half to get the ball.”

The second goal was scored by Cuadrado, who is becoming a surprisingly effective right-back.

“I have honestly been surprised not by Cuadrado’s quality, as we all knew that, but the hard work he puts in to play in defence,” added Sarri.

“He has this level of concentration in training that is frankly extraordinary, so he’s become a good defender, maintaining his physicality and technique that he used in attack. His flank is fundamental, as he has either Federico Bernardeschi or Douglas Costa in front of him, so there’s always a lot going down that side.”

Gianluigi Buffon set a new all-time Serie A record today with his 648th appearance. Will the 42-year-old also be able to beat Alessandro Del Piero’s record of Juventus games, as he’s only 35 away?

“Maybe… he definitely won’t beat the record for scoring goals, though!”

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Last few games have been positive, both result wise and playing style. As Ive said at the beginning of the season, his future should be determined based on CL results. Winning Scudetto, with the team we have, quality and depth, shouldnt be an issue.

Mar 10, 2009
Last few games have been positive, both result wise and playing style. As Ive said at the beginning of the season, his future should be determined based on CL results. Winning Scudetto, with the team we have, quality and depth, shouldnt be an issue.
We're about 5 years ahead of everybody else in Serie A IMO. If he does fail to win the league then he should be sacked for sure. However, I remain confident that we will. With that said, it is the CL that should determine how great a coach is from now on, especially considering we have Ronaldo in our team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 218)