Maurizio Sarri (53 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
3-5-2 is so successful in Europe lets do it. Or better lets hire Conte.
It was about players. Conte's 3-5-2 looked flat because wide players were Licht and Asamoah and neither was good in 1on 1 situations so we would get pinned back against teams like Bayern. With Cuadrado and AS we wouldnt have such issues. It is also a question how much can Danilo or MDS contribute as FBs on the right side? How many good forward runs do they have or crosses that hit the target? I dont think there are many so we wouldnt lose much going forward but would look far more solid at the back with MDL-Bonucci-Chiellini. Both Chiellini and MDL can burst forward on occasion to beat the pressing. I disliked 3-5-2 because of players we had on the flanks, but now it could work.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
It was about players. Conte's 3-5-2 looked flat because wide players were Licht and Asamoah and neither was good in 1on 1 situations so we would get pinned back against teams like Bayern. With Cuadrado and AS we wouldnt have such issues. It is also a question how much can Danilo or MDS contribute as FBs on the right side? How many good forward runs do they have or crosses that hit the target? I dont think there are many so we wouldnt lose much going forward but would look far more solid at the back with MDL-Bonucci-Chiellini. Both Chiellini and MDL can burst forward on occasion to beat the pressing. I disliked 3-5-2 because of players we had on the flanks, but now it could work.
Alex Sandro is not a great LWB and Cuadrado can get injuries. Plus we don't know if Chiellini can play week in and week out. If all our players were healthy then I wouldn't mind. I prefer 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2 better than 3-5-2.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I don't know about you, but as a fan, i don't want my club (one of the most prestigious clubs in world football) to be represented by a pleb.
Prestigious? Id like to think we're hated rather then held on some royal podium by common footie fans.

Number 1 to 50 things I care most about is the club playing with heart and achieving success. Whether that happens with the cosch being perfect gentlemen like Ranieri our routinely smelling his crotch like Low - dont give a crap, would never trade success or grinta for a coach thats trained on how to look classy

Last edited:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
now you're even arguing whether juve is a prestigious club or not? wow dude, your true love for maurice is boundless indeed.

:hustini:
Do you think Liverpool is a prestigious club? Or Barcelona, Real Madrid? When Cannavaro went to Real or Zambrotta to Barca, did you think "good for him, he ended up in a prestigious club!". I see it as a far more bigger compliment if we're hated for our success.

Clubs like Milan or ManU can aim for prestigious as they have nothing else to offer, I'd rather see Juve strive to be top of the world and that comes with being hated or at least disliked.

So whether we have madman, gentleman or pleb as coach changes little in how the club is perceived, we win CL a couple times and I promise you everyones gonna root against evil Juventus just like they do in Serie A

Last edited:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Ajax tie and a couple of 0:3 domestic results. imo it had nothing to do with wanting "pretty football". The rumor of Allegri demanding full control over transfers might have played a role, but imo mostly it was because of
a) bad 2nd half of season
b) future projections based on that 2nd half
So results are not all that matters?

*Rhetorical question

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
So why was allegri fired
Not sure he was fired. If I remember correctly him and Allegri could not agree on the next steps for the team so he had to leave. What these steps were we don't know. Speaking of results, going out with Ajax was definitely below our expectations. Especially after losing to them at home.

- - - Updated - - -

The king of possession football uses 3-5-2 at times. Actually even used it quite frequently during his time at Bayern. The best pressing team in Italy in Atalanta play three at the back, do they resemble you of Conte's Juve? Formations don't determine ones style of play.
Obviously formation don't determine them but definitely have an influence. From one hand Pep plays 3 at the back but how many times those three defenders were Cancelo, Rodri and Fernandinho who obviously have nothing to do with CB.
Atalanta from one hand plays 352 but they can be terrible at the back as we saw against Valencia for example.
In Juve example you basically know what you can expect when we switch to 352.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)