Maurizio Sarri (31 Viewers)

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
What Inzaghi is doing with Lazio is nothing short of impressive. I think he’s going to be regarded as one of the best coaches in the world in a few years.

a big part of Lazio doing so well also has to do with Tare obviously but as a coach, Inzaghi has been incredible. His team is so fluid.
I agree. He's probably the most interesting up and coming coach, and with our resources who knows what he'd be able to achieve. His European runs shouldn't be looked into imo because he played reserves most of the time. no italian club cares about the EL, and Lazio don't have a European culture. There are also rumours that Barca are keeping tabs on him since they are impressed with him (Setien doesn't appear to be long term).

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Lazio is probably on a rainbow patch, but if they do finish the season with current pace, your comment about Inzaghi might not look ridiculous at the end of the season. Thats a big if though :D

What Inzaghi is doing with Lazio is nothing short of impressive. I think he’s going to be regarded as one of the best coaches in the world in a few years.

a big part of Lazio doing so well also has to do with Tare obviously but as a coach, Inzaghi has been incredible. His team is so fluid.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Inzaghi doing better than sarris best season? There's a big difference between getting a bunch of nobodies to play for each other and managing a team like juve
In the case Sarri doesn't work out by the end of the season (which seems likely), I would prefer experience as well and probably like if the candidate is outside of Italy but there aren't many options.

Van Helsing

Oct 2, 2007
He reached the last 16 in the CL with 5 wins and 1 draw.
He is with Juve on his way into the Coppafinal.
He is the leader of the Seria A.
and everyone complains about him (me as well).:D:D
without coach this team would still be at the top. and maybe +10 :p

february is ending but the team is still unbalanced and struggling to create chances. I don't see any potantial to change that in the near future.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
without coach this team would still be at the top. and maybe +10 :p

february is ending but the team is still unbalanced and struggling to create chances. I don't see any potantial to change that in the near future.
That would mean getting 66 points out of 72, that's very unrealistic. We probably should have 3-4 more points than we have, but then again we've won plenty of games which we didn't deserve to.

The part about struggling to create chances and the team being unbalanced I agree with.

Van Helsing

Oct 2, 2007
That would mean getting 66 points out of 72, that's very unrealistic. We probably should have 3-4 more points than we have, but then again we've won plenty of games which we didn't deserve to.

The part about struggling to create chances and the team being unbalanced I agree with.
it was an irony for Klopp's comment about +10. but without coach we wouldn't be worse than that. maybe 3-4 point extra as you said.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
No visible improvement from last season ugly football. Finish in top 4 in Serie A, screw Coppa and even if we win CL sack this guy.

Poslano sa mog SM-J530F koristeći Tapatalk

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
It's weird to see the support for Inzaghi. The standard for coaches on Tuz is quite high. I don't even think he's achieved pre-Juve Sarri levels to be honest.

Did people not watch their Europa League experience? They were utterly embarrassed just this year. He sets them with a 3 man back line and I don't see this amazing Plan B that everyone wants.

They have some confidence and play higher up the pitch, so they're not afraid, but this is not some revolutionary tactic. They DO have a lot of good players. Last year they finished 8th, so we're talking about a run of 24 league matches and embarrassment in Europe.

If you just compare them directly with Gasperini's Atalanta, I'm not sure how Inzaghi's results would be favoured.

For me, he does not even enter the conversation compared to Guardiola or Pochettino.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
For me, he does not even enter the conversation compared to Guardiola or Pochettino.
Lol obviously. We're at a point where we need European experience but he still would be a good option if we're forced to look locally, Zidane would have been the best but that ship has sailed.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It's weird to see the support for Inzaghi. The standard for coaches on Tuz is quite high. I don't even think he's achieved pre-Juve Sarri levels to be honest.

Did people not watch their Europa League experience? They were utterly embarrassed just this year. He sets them with a 3 man back line and I don't see this amazing Plan B that everyone wants.

They have some confidence and play higher up the pitch, so they're not afraid, but this is not some revolutionary tactic. They DO have a lot of good players. Last year they finished 8th, so we're talking about a run of 24 league matches and embarrassment in Europe.

If you just compare them directly with Gasperini's Atalanta, I'm not sure how Inzaghi's results would be favoured.

But we only hire italian coaches conte is at inter and we just sacked maxx so who else is there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)