Maurizio Sarri (202 Viewers)

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
My entire argument is that Inzaghi > Sarri because he won more trophies in more disadvantageous circumstances. When Juve is like we were for the last 5-6 years you're not going to win much domestically. The fact he did + the season he's having this year + all the players he's improving and getting to outperform + he's 18 years younger so his whole future is ahead of him + he's a great man manager and players love playing for him + his team plays easy football on the eye.

Only thing Sarri has on him is that 91 pt season and pushing Juve to the end. If Inzaghi does it with this Lazio team it's over.
Also:
- Simone Inzaghi as a Lazio player scored the devastating 4th goal on Maggio 5, which means he's already been a significant part of one of the most beautiful pages of the Juventus history;
- Sarri as a Napoli coach gave Juventus fans the middle finger.

Of course, it has nothing to do with their achievements as managers, but it definitely affects the likability of both of them.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
It's weird to see the support for Inzaghi. The standard for coaches on Tuz is quite high. I don't even think he's achieved pre-Juve Sarri levels to be honest.

Did people not watch their Europa League experience? They were utterly embarrassed just this year. He sets them with a 3 man back line and I don't see this amazing Plan B that everyone wants.

They have some confidence and play higher up the pitch, so they're not afraid, but this is not some revolutionary tactic. They DO have a lot of good players. Last year they finished 8th, so we're talking about a run of 24 league matches and embarrassment in Europe.

If you just compare them directly with Gasperini's Atalanta, I'm not sure how Inzaghi's results would be favoured.

For me, he does not even enter the conversation compared to Guardiola or Pochettino.
Hes definitely above pre Juve and current sarri. Hes making a group of average players, plus SMS, L. Alberto and Immobile, compete with much better and richer teams, and they keep punching above their weight. You want him to have a plan B? Caicedo is his best offensive s(cr)ub, what do you expect him to change? If anything, hes shown more adaptiveness than sarri when he changed positions of L. Alberto and SMS to fit in Correa. And he kept losing key players each summer unlike sarri at either of his last 3 clubs. Hes a young rookie coach whos been coaching senior footie for 4 years, still plenty of time to grow unlike our 90 yo corpse

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Hes definitely above pre Juve and current sarri. Hes making a group of average players, plus SMS, L. Alberto and Immobile, compete with much better and richer teams, and they keep punching above their weight. You want him to have a plan B? Caicedo is his best offensive s(cr)ub, what do you expect him to change? If anything, hes shown more adaptiveness than sarri when he changed positions of L. Alberto and SMS to fit in Correa. And he kept losing key players each summer unlike sarri at either of his last 3 clubs. Hes a young rookie coach whos been coaching senior footie for 4 years, still plenty of time to grow unlike our 90 yo corpse
Not just Sarri but even Gasperini.

I can't understand what Inzaghi has done to satisfy the high standards on here. He hasn't even experienced the UCL. In fact, we make fun of Sarri only winning the Europa League but Inzaghi managed to lose 4 times this year to Celtic, Cluj and Rennes.

Before this year, his highest finish in Italy was 5th and Gasperini has already done that easily with Atalanta and is in the UCL knockouts. And people make fun of Sarri finishing 2nd with 91 points.

We are quite literally talking about a 24 match span, I think. As I don't see anything before this year as noteworthy. And in Europe, it's laughable. I don't see anything in his profile that would suggest he's ready for Juventus. If Sarri did not meet the standard (which might be correct) then I don't see how Inzaghi meets it, that's all I'm saying.

I also don't think he was particularly smart with SMS, playing him so deep in the past. Doesn't really take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Inzaghi is promising as was Sarri based on what he is doing at a smaller club. Remains to be seen whether he could cut it at the top level or not. I wouldnt be surprised if a big club make a bet on him just like Chelsea and Juve did with Sarri.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Inzaghi is promising as was Sarri based on what he is doing at a smaller club. Remains to be seen whether he could cut it at the top level or not. I wouldnt be surprised if a big club make a bet on him just like Chelsea and Juve did with Sarri.
Of course

But Inzaghi has only been coaching at this level for 3.5 years - and he’s had quite a bit of success for what is a pretty mediocre Lazio team (outside of 2 or 3 great players) He has shown that he’s adaptable, able to motivate his players and has them al buying into what he’s doing.

He deserves to coach a top club one day after the work he’s done with Lazio so far during his reign there.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

I can't understand what Inzaghi has done to satisfy the high standards on here. He hasn't even experienced the UCL. In fact, we make fun of Sarri only winning the Europa League but Inzaghi managed to lose 4 times this year to Celtic, Cluj and Rennes.

Before this year, his highest finish in Italy was 5th and Gasperini has already done that easily with Atalanta and is in the UCL knockouts. And people make fun of Sarri finishing 2nd with 91 points.

We are quite literally talking about a 24 match span, I think. As I don't see anything before this year as noteworthy. And in Europe, it's laughable. I don't see anything in his profile that would suggest he's ready for Juventus. If Sarri did not meet the standard (which might be correct) then I don't see how Inzaghi meets it, that's all I'm saying.

I also don't think he was particularly smart with SMS, playing him so deep in the past. Doesn't really take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.
Because Gasperini and sarri are old hags, they already have a long career behind them and were mostly stuck in mediocre clubs. Its like comparing Quags last season to Icardis. Inzaghi just started his career and has won more than the 2 combined, he underachieved 2/13 competitions he entered past 4 years, and greatly overachieved 3/13 (current Serie A is the 4th). He deserves the benefit of the doubt more so because of his age and the room for improvement over the other 2. And this season is definitely more impressive from him than last years Atalanta (and Napolis 18, depending on how they finish). They are pushing us for the 1st spot and cruahed us on the pitch twice. Atalanta qualified for CL with 69pts, Lazio failed to do so the year prior with 72.

No one is saying we should prioritize him over the Zidanes and Peps of the world, but he was definitely a better choice than sarri last summer, and the most obvious replacement if we cant get a WC coach this summer. Thats all

- - - Updated - - -

sarri was never promising

- - - Updated - - -

Someone muzzle NedvedRetard please.
@lgorTudor

- - - Updated - - -

Inzaghi 3 tinpot trophies > Sarri 1 tinpot trophy
Inzaghi beat Juve 2/3 of those and Milan&inter on the 3rd. sarri beat Arsenal

Jun 6, 2015

Not sure about how much you've followed Lazio in recent years but this years success hasn't come out of the blue. They've been playing good football in previous years too, but have been desperately inconsistent. This year something simply clicked for them on the mental side to be able to put these performances on more regular basis.

Hiring a coach is about fit and not necessarily about their past achievements, this is especially true when looking at young coaches, case in point Conte was even more inexperienced at this level when he came here. Lippi hadn't won a trophy before Juve either and his record was pretty mediocre, Trap's only experience at top level was a short caretaker stint at Milan. By fit I mean having the right personality and having the ability to play football that actually suits the players you have.

No one can know whether a coach is ready for Juve before that coach actually coaches here. No one can promise that a coach can transfer his success from another club to this Juve. Just look at Sarri, it's clear that for whatever reason Napoli was almost a perfect fit for him and he hasn't been able to replicate the football they played in any of his following two clubs (yet). We need a coach that is a good fit for this Juve, whether that is Inzaghi, Sarri or someone else I don't know, but I definitely don't agree with your overly simplistic way of evaluating Inzaghi's fit for a role at Juve.

Also SMS is playing deeper now than in the past and he is perfectly capable of fulfilling that role nowadays.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Speaking about how things fit, the very core of Lazio is their midfield (quite possibly the best mid in Serie A). If Inzaghi comes here, we'll probably get him Mbappe upfront, Koulibaly in defense and Kessie in midfield :D

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Gazzetta has an article titled (in italian) "Sarri has chosen his Juve". It's unclear how much is pure analysis/speculation and how much is from the source, but its interesting and goes like this:

(paraphrasing the key points)

Sarri has redesigned his Juve for the final sprint. After Ramsey and Bernardeschi failed to own the trequartista role, the system is moved back to the 4-3-3. The provider of equilibrium here is the evergreen Cuadrado. In this module the "mobile" Dybala appears like a ghost: a bit of a CF when CR is wide, a bit on the wing when CR is in the center, a tuttocampista.

In defense: The return of Chiellini brings certainties and while it's obvious that he cannot play every game, he will do so for the biggest matches in partnership with Bonucci. Danilo as the starter at right back.

In midfield: Pjanic remains key for the bianconeri. On the right Bentancur must battle with Ramsey, on the left Rabiot is emerging but in certain battles Matuidi remains useful.

in attack: the word is "freedom", for Dybala and for Ronaldo. In this mobile attack at the moment the most uncertain of a position is Higuain.

Jun 6, 2015
Gazzetta has an article titled (in italian) "Sarri has chosen his Juve". It's unclear how much is pure analysis/speculation and how much is from the source, but its interesting and goes like this:

(paraphrasing the key points)

Sarri has redesigned his Juve for the final sprint. After Ramsey and Bernardeschi failed to own the trequartista role, the system is moved back to the 4-3-3. The provider of equilibrium here is the evergreen Cuadrado. In this module the "mobile" Dybala appears like a ghost: a bit of a CF when CR is wide, a bit on the wing when CR is in the center, a tuttocampista.

In defense: The return of Chiellini brings certainties and while it's obvious that he cannot play every game, he will do so for the biggest matches in partnership with Bonucci. Danilo as the starter at right back.

In midfield: Pjanic remains key for the bianconeri. On the right Bentancur must battle with Ramsey, on the left Rabiot is emerging but in certain battles Matuidi remains useful.

in attack: the word is "freedom", for Dybala and for Ronaldo. In this mobile attack at the moment the most uncertain of a position is Higuain.
giphy.gif

TORINO, ITALY – MARCH 1 Juventus coach Maurizio Sarri rallies his troops with an inspiring pre-game speech
before the Serie A match between Juventus and Inter at Allianz Stadium on March 1, 2020 in Torino, Italy. (Video by Mssimo Di Culo/Getty Images)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 199)