Maurizio Sarri (96 Viewers)

Jun 6, 2015
Speaking about how things fit, the very core of Lazio is their midfield (quite possibly the best mid in Serie A). If Inzaghi comes here, we'll probably get him Mbappe upfront, Koulibaly in defense and Kessie in midfield :D
Kessie :tuttosport:

Seriously though there definitely needs to be more cooperation between the coach and the management on transfers.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Kessie :tuttosport:

Seriously though there definitely needs to be more cooperation between the coach and the management on transfers.
Really, Kessie? :D Tried to think of a mediocre and uninspiring Serie A mid we are likely to go for and Kessie immediately came to mind together with Cristante and Gagliardini. From all of the Atalanta products I think Kessie had the most spectacular fall from grace, people thought he was a B2B with above average attacking skills, turned out he's a really limited DM

Jun 6, 2015
Really, Kessie? :D Tried to think of a mediocre and uninspiring Serie A mid we are likely to go for and Kessie immediately came to mind together with Cristante and Gagliardini. From all of the Atalanta products I think Kessie had the most spectacular fall from grace, people thought he was a B2B with above average attacking skills, turned out he's a really limited DM
Wasn't being serious, but I'd still probably take him over Cristante and Gagliardini who in my opinion are even more limited. It's not been easy for Atalanta's boys elsewhere.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Gazzetta has an article titled (in italian) "Sarri has chosen his Juve". It's unclear how much is pure analysis/speculation and how much is from the source, but its interesting and goes like this:

(paraphrasing the key points)

Sarri has redesigned his Juve for the final sprint. After Ramsey and Bernardeschi failed to own the trequartista role, the system is moved back to the 4-3-3. The provider of equilibrium here is the evergreen Cuadrado. In this module the "mobile" Dybala appears like a ghost: a bit of a CF when CR is wide, a bit on the wing when CR is in the center, a tuttocampista.

In defense: The return of Chiellini brings certainties and while it's obvious that he cannot play every game, he will do so for the biggest matches in partnership with Bonucci. Danilo as the starter at right back.

In midfield: Pjanic remains key for the bianconeri. On the right Bentancur must battle with Ramsey, on the left Rabiot is emerging but in certain battles Matuidi remains useful.

in attack: the word is "freedom", for Dybala and for Ronaldo. In this mobile attack at the moment the most uncertain of a position is Higuain.
what about if cuads or danilo becomes injured? Bernardeschi right wing? :tuttosport:

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Gazzetta has an article titled (in italian) "Sarri has chosen his Juve". It's unclear how much is pure analysis/speculation and how much is from the source, but its interesting and goes like this:

(paraphrasing the key points)

Sarri has redesigned his Juve for the final sprint. After Ramsey and Bernardeschi failed to own the trequartista role, the system is moved back to the 4-3-3. The provider of equilibrium here is the evergreen Cuadrado. In this module the "mobile" Dybala appears like a ghost: a bit of a CF when CR is wide, a bit on the wing when CR is in the center, a tuttocampista.

In defense: The return of Chiellini brings certainties and while it's obvious that he cannot play every game, he will do so for the biggest matches in partnership with Bonucci. Danilo as the starter at right back.

In midfield: Pjanic remains key for the bianconeri. On the right Bentancur must battle with Ramsey, on the left Rabiot is emerging but in certain battles Matuidi remains useful.

in attack: the word is "freedom", for Dybala and for Ronaldo. In this mobile attack at the moment the most uncertain of a position is Higuain.

De ligt being dropped for bono in big games is stupid but not even at least bit surprised that will happen.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
but I definitely don't agree with your overly simplistic way of evaluating Inzaghi's fit for a role at Juve.
My point was that Inzaghi doesn't meet the standard of this board, not myself. As we've seen for what seems like hundreds of pages of debates, the standard is quite high (And like I said, possibly correctly). Obviously my standard is any pleb who plays 4-3-3 :tuttosport:

So I was curious why people liked him so much. It doesn't appear to be based on results or achievements, more just a feeling that he will come good.

If I have to give my actual opinion on him, I'm agnostic right now. I have to see how he handles the end of the season. If he wins the league (even if it's easier to play one match a week), then that is a big achievement. If it turns out that it was just a good 24 match span, well..

But I don't see anything amazing with his football. Perhaps this is wrong, but I can't stop comparing these teams to Atalanta. And when I watch Atalanta, I see something different. I know Gasperini is old as shit but his football feels very young. So I wonder how Inzaghi gains more support than him.

- - - Updated - - -

And the last step for Sarri to completely succumb and Allegrify this team for the UCL is to use de Ligt at RB (Bonucci + Chiellini CB) and play the hybrid 4-4-2, 3-5-2 system.

Last edited:

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
My point was that Inzaghi doesn't meet the standard of this board, not myself. As we've seen for what seems like hundreds of pages of debates, the standard is quite high (And like I said, possibly correctly). Obviously my standard is any pleb who plays 4-3-3 :tuttosport:

So I was curious why people liked him so much. It doesn't appear to be based on results or achievements, more just a feeling that he will come good.

If I have to give my actual opinion on him, I'm agnostic right now. I have to see how he handles the end of the season. If he wins the league (even if it's easier to play one match a week), then that is a big achievement. If it turns out that it was just a good 24 match span, well..

But I don't see anything amazing with his football. Perhaps this is wrong, but I can't stop comparing these teams to Atalanta. And when I watch Atalanta, I see something different. I know Gasperini is old as shit but his football feels very young. So I wonder how Inzaghi gains more support than him.

- - - Updated - - -

And the last step for Sarri to completely succumb and Allegrify this team for the UCL is to use de Ligt at RB (Bonucci + Chiellini CB) and play the hybrid 4-4-2, 3-5-2 system.
What you of make inzaghi failures in Europe maybe like Sarri and Conte he is tactically stubborn or limited

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

This is probably where we differ then. I've been really impressed throughout the years on how his Lazio team has played. These things are always subjective, but I prefer Lazio's more direct approach compared to Atalanta's slightly more possession based attack. I'm also not a big fan of Gasperini's gung-ho defensive tactics. Full on man-marking is just too risky for my taste and players can leave big spaces when they get dragged out of position. When it works they are relentless and hard to play against though.

By the way he started his Lazio career playing 4-3-3 if I remember correctly ;)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Only failure was this season, and most coaches have atleast one season where they do. Plus he more than made up for it with his serie a campaign
Lazio conceded 4 goals in 20 minutes against RB Salzburg in 2017/18 EL quarterfinals. 3 of those goals were scored in the span of 4 minutes. Lazio was ahead 5-2 in aggregate and lost 5-6 at the end.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Lazio conceded 4 goals in 20 minutes against RB Salzburg in 2017/18 EL quarterfinals. 3 of those goals were scored in the span of 4 minutes. Lazio was ahead 5-2 in aggregate and lost 5-6 at the end.
I know, but i wouldnt label the whole campaign a failure over a 5 minute meltdown. They did reach the last 8 while fighting for top4 in Serie A after all

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I know, but i wouldnt label the whole campaign a failure over a 5 minute meltdown. They did reach the last 8 while fighting for top4 in Serie A after all
Why?

We would absolutely label him a failure had he done it with juve.

And before u say yeah but lazio gets softer standards, the point is that if we are to hold him to juve standards, he needs to be judged based on failures.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And Sarri had his Napoli knocked out that same season two rounds earlier in Rof32 by RB Leipzig after losing 3-1 at home.

:boh:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Why?

We would absolutely label him a failure had he done it with juve.

And before u say yeah but lazio gets softer standards, the point is that if we are to hold him to juve standards, he needs to be judged based on failures.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
We labeled Max a failure after the 2nd half final meltdown vs Madrid?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 90)