Maurizio Sarri (85 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
The same reason the last season (and this one) have been so disappointing. We don't sign players based on system/ positional needs. Its been well established so why hire another coach who needs a team tailor made to his strengths?
When was the last time we signed a world class coach? Conte and Allegri really became who they are after they were in Juventus.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
im confused, are you saying our lack of signing world class coaches is evidence that we will sign Pep?
No, what I meant is that we haven't signed a world class coach in a long time, since Capello probably. Instead we got two coaches who came from smaller teams, had some success but not to the extent where they were big sought after names and could demand whatever they want.

Pep has done enough to be in that position, now whether he can come to terms with our management is another story but my point is you don't approach someone with that level of recognition the same way you would some Italian who were still to be recognized in their area of expertise.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
No, what I meant is that we haven't signed a world class coach in a long time, since Capello probably. Instead we got two coaches who came from smaller teams, had some success but not to the extent where they were big sought after names and could demand whatever they want.

Pep has done enough to be in that position, now whether he can come to terms with our management is another story but my point is you don't approach someone with that level of recognition the same way you would some Italian who were still to be recognized in their area of expertise.
What makes Poop a worldclass coach?

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
The same reason the last season (and this one) have been so disappointing. We don't sign players based on system/ positional needs. Its been well established so why hire another coach who needs a team tailor made to his strengths?
Yeah I feel that. It's a high risk strategy and look where it got City. The guy eats money. I would really like Inzaghi or Zidane if I had it my way.

I just see us pursuing Pep as a PR coup as much as anything. This is the mentality of the powers that be at the moment. They want another big name to complement/bolster CR7's impact on the balance sheet.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Yeah I feel that. It's a high risk strategy and look where it got City. The guy eats money. I would really like Inzaghi or Zidane if I had it my way.

I just see us pursuing Pep as a PR coup as much as anything. This is the mentality of the powers that be at the moment. They want another big name to complement/bolster CR7's impact on the balance sheet.

He does but do you honestly think our management would just say yes to everything and give the guy a blank check? It hasn't been our way of doing business and I doubt it will start now. But I'm also a believer they can compromise and meet half way. Give him some of what he wants but that's also within our budget.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
or maybe thats why we flirt with him and dont deny the rumors. the PR of being linked with him is good.
C'mon. Juve's management under Paratici have $$$ in their eyes since Ronaldo came. They would bring in another 11 Ronaldo's if they could. The next best things are probably Messi, Mbappe, Pogba and Pep.

Any one of the top clubs can be linked to these players at one time or another. Links don't surprise or impress the bandwagoning football consumers out there that the club is making a priority of recruiting.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
C'mon. Juve's management under Paratici have $$$ in their eyes since Ronaldo came. They would bring in another 11 Ronaldo's if they could. The next best things are probably Messi, Mbappe, Pogba and Pep.

Any one of the top clubs can be linked to these players at one time or another. Links don't surprise or impress the bandwagoning football consumers out there that the club is making a priority of recruiting.
sure but my point is the club not officially denying Pep links is not evidence of anything.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
He does but do you honestly think our management would just say yes to everything and give the guy a blank check? It hasn't been our way of doing business and I doubt it will start now. But I'm also a believer they can compromise and meet half way. Give him some of what he wants but that's also within our budget.
I think Juve is turning into that kind of club. It's considered the modern (and therefore, right) way for a club to conduct its affairs.

Marotta has a careful and considered approach which he never passed on to Paratici. Paratici is a crass GM that's going to burn through Juve's capital for the sole aim of generating more capital - financial and in terms of appeal - so that Juve's purchasing power improves to the point where they can almost monopolise the transfer market and buy success. It's not an approach I agree with but I get the vibe that that's the spirit of Juve's management under Paratici.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
sure but my point is the club not officially denying Pep links is not evidence of anything.
I'm not trying to prove anything. It's just an impression I get that Juve want a squad with an attacking philosophy guiding it and as many high profile figures in it as possible. Juve is more of a business and less of a shrewd footballing organisation nowadays.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I'd definitely sign Pep. Huge PR move for neutrals and media coverage. Has a great eye for identifying and developing young talents. His name alone attracts a lot of promising talent. Creates a very strong and effective offensive identity in the team and leaves a solid foundation of a young attacking team behind when he departs.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I don't like Pep but let's not joke around. He's one of the best ever and if there's even an ounce of interest from him we should do everything to sign him. Even if Sarri wins the league. Saying no to him in this situation would be like someone in the summer of 2018 saying we don't need CR because we have Higuain...

Plus it would make a really interesting experiment. Two completely different worlds colliding.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
nah we will do just enough to pip inter to scudetto, sarri will get a 2nd season and Poop will stay at City right until he ditches them for Barca.

doesnt his wife live in Barcelona already? yea pretty sure hes going back there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)