Maurizio Sarri (42 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
We lost to Genoa, SPAL and Sampdoria towards the end of the season IIRC.
We stopped playing in Serie A around February/March. No one carred anymore because we won scudetto long before those games. Im comparing same period this and last season and we are looking significantly worse and enough games have been played so this isnt the case team gelling anymore. This reminds me more of a Juve between Nov-Feb, around the time we lost to United and started playing dull but still grinded wins. Anyway I expect a lot more, performance wise from the team. I dont see why should we lower our standards down. Can Sarri emulate Allegri's 2014-2017 period, because this is what I will be expecting from every coach?

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
People coming to grand conclusions after & based on the first 11 games as if this is the first season of soccer they're following.

No wonder they thought inter was a legit scudo contender in previous years.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I think we are very lucky here, because we have Pavle to put everything into perspective and tells us how unreasonable we are :p . Only 14 games played and our players look like they dont know each other. I guess they need 14 more to learn how their teammates move and stop stumbling into one another, Bernadeschi starts making all the right decisions and Matuidi learns to cotrol the ball akin Zidane in his prime, combined with E. Davids' tenacity. Our defense stops leaking bizzare goals... maybe we need few more years to master this, no hurry.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I think we are very lucky here, because we have Pavle to put everything into perspective and tells us how unreasonable we are :p . Only 14 games played and our players look like they dont know each other. I guess they need 14 more to learn how their teammates move and stop stumbling into one another, Bernadeschi starts making all the right decisions and Matuidi learns to cotrol the ball akin Zidane in his prime, combined with E. Davids' tenacity. Our defense stops leaking bizzare goals... maybe we need few more years to master this, no hurry.
I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the same anti-Sarri teenage girl clique aka 100m Pjanic ninnies aka Matuidi = Sturaro, Berna > DC, Saponara > Isco, etc repetitive, obnoxious experds.

You're not nearly as bad. But ok, your insecurity is noted.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Seeing how this team performs in the CL and in big games in Serie A, I feel like we have more of an issue with motivation than tactics. We owned Napoli(1st half) and Inter in the games we played. Also play convincingly in the CL.
Did you miss the game against Moscow? And against Aletico we played great for 60 minutes then sloppy for the last 30 letting in 2 goals.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
This is not Sarri’s first season of coaching. Then again. Americans know shit about football.
Americans make the most sense about soccer. Look at Reddit and this forum.

Big footy fans in Europe are your passionate (emotional) avg Joe type and arsenal, Dortmund fans + ultra types.

Those type of people in murica have been hardcore American football fans (till knee-gate, now they're confused). More rational muricans are ones who like soccer & tennis.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you miss the game against Moscow? And against Aletico we played great for 60 minutes then sloppy for the last 30 letting in 2 goals.
Generally, teams in CL play a more open game, and those games have been ideal for us so far. Big teams tend to open up & attack more. In that sense, CL has been the least of concerns.

We've been deadly on counters, not so much with possession otherwise, just small improvements.

And makes sense Sarri has been focusing on defense first like most coaches and improving players individually.

- - - Updated - - -

@Hængebøffer And based on previous Sarri seasons you guys were repeatedly complaining about how attacking we'll be in expense of defense (which if you paid attn to Sarri's last two seasons wasn't true).

Now you're complaining about us not scoring enough instead. What makes you happy in life exactly?

And PI, Brutto & co have been flip flopping between the two on literally a weekly basis. Facepalm & howler.

Last edited:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Juventus is a football club and we play football... Because majority of times we hit the ball with our foot. Foot + ball = football Start from there. Ty :p I find it shocking tbh, being on Juve forum and using word soccer. Trolling?

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Juventus is a football club and we play football... Because majority of times we hit the ball with our foot. Foot + ball = football Start from there. Ty :p I find it shocking tbh, being on Juve forum and using word soccer. Trolling?
It's a language/colloquial thing.

"It's football, not soccer" lost its originality in 1999.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It's a language/colloquial thing.

"It's football, not soccer" lost its originality in 1999.
Its a matter of respect because 99% of people are annoyed with a word soccer over here. I find this as an attemp of your media to place American football at higher level, denigrate or in a way diminish importance of football played across Atlantic.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Its a matter of respect because 99% of people are annoyed with a word soccer over here. I find this as an attemp of your media to place American football at higher level, denigrate or in a way diminish importance of football played across Atlantic.
Lol you serious?

You get shocked & spooked too easily.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I’m waiting for the 3-0 avg score line I was promised. I thought he would enable this team to crush minnows.

But now the knee pad gang is resorting to blaming players. This is all so eerily familiar
We have a secret weapon that is due to score...it has been a few pesky matches.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What's wrong with soccer? Are you assuming how we here in the States identify with this sport?

This is all wrong. I shouldn't be up here. I should be back in school on the other side of the ocean. Yet you all come to us young people to lecture us on soccer/football. How dare you!

- - - Updated - - -

Nailed. It.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I’m waiting for the 3-0 avg score line I was promised. I thought he would enable this team to crush minnows.

But now the knee pad gang is resorting to blaming players. This is all so eerily familiar
Sarri is focussed on improving our Defense and our individual players first. He will get to the pesky team-play plus attacking conundrum next year. :boh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)