Maurizio Sarri (231 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If Ramsey stays healthy and Rabiot starts finding a rhythm we'll look so much better no matter the formation.
yea having CMs who can actually use the ball should make a pretty difference when playing through the middle lol

- - - Updated - - -

Not complaining. I'm just calling out what all the knee padders proclaimed would be as our new reality with this genius at the helm. I mean, with the bar set so low for him, he should be issuing a tactical nuke on these minnows in Serie A. You folks wanted entertaining football compared to one goal differential results. What excuse do we have at 11 games in?

Go ahead. I'll wait for your reply.

- - - Updated - - -

You were one of the knee padders who proclaimed we will see 3-0 and 4-0 results along woven into an entertaining form of football that would make you enjoy watching this team play. I can only imagine how much more entertaining it is winning by single goal margins while he gnaws on straws like a teething child.

But as long as your contingent are entertained that's all that matters.
sometimes im not sure if Juventus or Zebra Turin FC

Buy on AliExpress.com

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
And you and your butthurt cry baby friends promised us doom and gloom, group stage exit of the CHL and battling for fourth place, with this giant downgrade, Del Neri level of a coach.
Personally I am entertained. At times by the much improved football, but first of all by the continued meltdown of a segment of the fan group, bitching and moaning about our ex-coach all day long.
So you're entertained by the downgrade

Great to see where you stand sweet cheeks

- - - Updated - - -

In the very post you just quoted & replied to: "neither did I." I don't much care for "entertaining football." So I'm not sure what you're on about.

His last Napoli season and Chelsea (2nd half, post adjustment...coz you know...he isn't as inflexible as you oddly thought up & regurgitated) teams weren't high scoring, defensively fragile sides.

He played 4312 with empoli, started Napoli stint with 4312 before quickly adapting & changing to 433 seeing I wasn't working. You guys labeled him as strictly 433 man and wanted 4312. He's playing 4312 now, out of necessity or not, and you're now complaining about that too.

All the mindless complaints about lack of rotation... immediately quelled after a month.

Half the players in the XI are playing better under him.

You've been going back and forth between defense is key, attack isn't important to vice versa based on whatever floats your boat that given week. Currently, it's Sarri is too pragmatic...like Allegri.

And I could go on.

Out of all your (plural) mindless repetitive complaints, what have you been right about exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

And how have you not learned from past mistakes already?
Sounds like you're satisfied

Congrats

I'll wait until May to check back in with you chief

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
im starting to wonder when Ramsey and Rabiot will be ready to start
Honestly for the past 2-3 years we can afford to be in cruise mode the firsf half of the seasons... shit gets real for us starting January-February, hopefully no injuries then..

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Honestly for the past 2-3 years we can afford to be in cruise mode the firsf half of the seasons... shit gets real for us starting January-February, hopefully no injuries then..
not sure we want to take that chance this season. This scudetto race might come down to the wire so every point dropped could be decisive.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I'm also happy with the start. This is the best you could hope for, results wise, considering we don't have Chiellini. Our record without Chiellini in the past can't be good. I expected multiple losses by now.

I was also expecting tons of counters against us but I think we've actually defended very well. The team is very compact in all phases. From the preseason, I was scared we would be wide open between the lines but we're not. I thought our pressing would be completely disjointed but I think it's worked pretty well.

Everything we concede just seems to be a ridiculous error. I think about a third of them are directly attributable to MDL having to step in immediately for Chiellini.

I also didn't expect us to change formation so quickly. I thought for sure he would just smash whoever he could into the 4-3-3. Although I kind of wish he would actually be meme level Sarri and do that.

But I think, most importantly, I have to re-evaluate everything I knew of Sarri. I think I'm confident now that he's not a poor coach. He is at least capable.

Edit: For me, when a coach is dead set on a certain formation, I mark him down a grade. I almost take him less seriously because it's so illogical to just immediately exclude all other ways of playing. So in this sense, I was weary of Sarri. But immediately he showed me that he's not actually truly like that. So even without looking at the results, I'm happy that he's "pragmatic'.

Of course, this was Allegri's biggest strength. You have to find the solutions so that your team has a chance. You can't just put your head down and say "please do this every time, thanks".
I think there should be a balance between being pragmatic and adaptable and being able to give the team structur and a clear identity. In my opinion both are important and I think Sarri is doing a good job so far. He is more pragmatic than I thought and at the same time the team are starting to adapt some of he’s ideas. Offcourse I expect further improvement as the season goes by.

Loosing Chiellini has been tough. I think the leadership and aggression he bringes when he is playing is vital. However seeing Rugani play last week, I am glad that we have a cabable player as MDL to step in. Even with all those freakish errors/ unlucky moments, he bringes some of the same qualities that Chiellini has.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
We were this close to getting punished for it once and managed to edge Napoli at the very end. Inter are a bigger club than Napoli and Conte knows how to win league titles against the odds as an underdog like no one else can. It feels like playing with fire if we maintain this slow start and it would be a huge shame if we get burned. Not only is the difference in squads insane and it would say a lot about Sarri and Conte, but also we would have opened the door for Inter to become a top club and serious competitor again. We must not give them the boost that would come from this success.

Moreover, we were dissatisfied with Allegri's slow starts (in terms of quality of performance) until the last quarter of the season despite his team usually finding another gear. Sarri was supposed to be an upgrade on that.

I am personally worried and dissatisfied thus far. I am glad we are getting the points but its still the same shit as before.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
We were this close to getting punished for it once and managed to edge Napoli at the very end. Inter are a bigger club than Napoli and Conte knows how to win league titles against the odds as an underdog like no one else can. It feels like playing with fire if we maintain this slow start and it would be a huge shame if we get burned. Not only is the difference in squads insane and it would say a lot about Sarri and Conte, but also we would have opened the door for Inter to become a top club and serious competitor again. We must not give them the boost that would come from this success.

Moreover, we were dissatisfied with Allegri's slow starts (in terms of quality of performance) until the last quarter of the season despite his team usually finding another gear. Sarri was supposed to be an upgrade on that.

I am personally worried and dissatisfied thus far. I am glad we are getting the points but its still the same shit as before.
Adani said something I agree with. He said Juventus still have unexpressed potential while Inter have already peaked

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Conte's inter isn't better than Sarri's Napoli.

So far, inter has done what was expected. In second half of the season, once the legs get tired & more injuries occur, exposing their weakness (depth), they'll drop more points.

In fact, they're supposed to be 5 pts behind us already. Ref favors kept them from dropping pts in 2nd & 3rd games.

At the start of the season they weren't getting enough credit, now they're getting too much.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What downgrade?

How exactly have we downgraded relative to last season? Please explain.
We have 2 points less in both League and CL comparative to the same point last season. We also have 5 less goals in the league. So we are certainly not doing as well as we did from August to start of November last season.

However, it's pretty safe to say, we're playing better than we did during our awful finish to the season, and I highly doubt we see such lows this year. I assume we shall get better as the season progresses. Whether we reach anything close to the heights of the Allegri era is an unknown at the moment. But it is worrying that we are on pace to score 66 league goals this season as things currently stand. That's embarrassing given our attacking talent. Needs to change soon. We're also on pace to have a +28 goal differential which would be our worst by far in the last 8 seasons. Anyways. I expect our attack to take flight soon enough, and hopefully we can keep our defensive solidity when that happens.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
We have 2 points less in both League and CL comparative to the same point last season. We also have 5 less goals in the league. So we are certainly not doing as well as we did from August to start of November last season..
I only read up to here.......and it’s enough for me to panic and laugh at the same time. Good thing I have some Xanax in the cupboard.
This place :lol:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I only read up to here.......and it’s enough for me to panic and laugh at the same time. Good thing I have some Xanax in the cupboard.
This place :lol:
It’s rather irrelevant as it’s only the beginning of November. It’s only amusing in the context that some are trying to argue we somehow look better already when we clearly do not.

Sarri has lots of time to fix that though, and I sincerely hope he does.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
It’s rather irrelevant as it’s only the beginning of November. It’s only amusing in the context that some are trying to argue we somehow look better already when we clearly do not.

Sarri has lots of time to fix that though, and I sincerely hope he does.
Relax. We’re unbeaten. Enjoy the run.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 210)