Maurizio Sarri (39 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
:howler:
Sarri:
“In terms of characteristics, I think this team is suited to playing with a man behind the strikers, rather than three upfront. This is a system that rather penalised Paulo Dybala and Cristiano Ronaldo.

“Douglas Costa has played as a trequartista too, especially at Shakhtar Donetsk. He’s only been back for two days, so we didn’t have time to test him in that role.
Wow :lol:

Stubborn mule.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I don't actually. We've played our best football against the big teams. Inter, Napoli and Atletico. It's the smaller teams that are really pushing us all the way i.e Lokomotiv, Bologna, Lecce, Genoa etc. We won't win the league if we don't smash the peasant teams like Inter does.
You said this to me last time as well. I don’t agree that we played well against Napoli and Atletico. We played one good half in both of those games. There’s only been one game where we have been great for close to 90 mins and that was against Inter.

Mar 3, 2014
Why stubborn? The full quote said he won’t go back to 4-3-3 because the 4-3-1-2 suits the team better (and that 4-3-3) in particular penalizes Ronaldo and Dybala. So he’s going going to stick with the system that allows him to play his two best forwards. He can then experiment with Costa as TQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 19, 2007
How is that being stubborn?

- - - Updated - - -

We dont have the wingers to commit to a 4-3-3. We are much better suited for a 4-3-1-2.
Dybala fits in perfectly in it. Ronaldo isnt isolated. we could have 4 skilled players in the midfield. All these things we have been asking for and now we dont want it. My only issue is that we are relying on our 2 most injured players for creative service and Berna doesnt look able to fill in as a treq. Maybe we could move berna into the midfiled like Sarri mentioned when we get Ramsey and Costa back

Last edited:

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Everything seems fine, we are playing good but instead of finishing our games with 2/3-0 we end up struggling cause of missed sitters and a conceeded flule goal. I lost count how many 2-1 vitories we had this season. We can blame Sarri all we want, but he can not do anything about Ronaldo missing a nearly open header Dybala not scoring 1v1's with the GK and Bernardeschi missing an EMPTY GOAL! I like how we play, there is only room for improvements since it is his first year here.
Also, all of these really reminds me of Allegri, a lot. We all have complaints, there are many that are not satisfied with Juve but we keep on winning and are still undefeated. 'Twas the same with Allegri many times when we used to grind and grind the wins.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
We grinded out so many wins under Allegri, and now the same people who used to praise Allegri are calling for Sarri’s head because he’s grinding out wins. :lol2:
Cause they're bitter. But we need to improve fast, there're a shitload of games to be played and points to be picked up and we're obviously in a slump

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Why stubborn? The full quote said he won’t go back to 4-3-3 because the 4-3-1-2 suits the team better (and that 4-3-3) in particular penalizes Ronaldo and Dybala. So he’s going going to stick with the system that allows him to play his two best forwards. He can then experiment with Costa as TQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t really see Ronaldo as best utilized. But it’s obvious that lack of width makes us very predictable. You don’t have to permanently switch to 433 but stating this narrow is silly.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
You said this to me last time as well. I don’t agree that we played well against Napoli and Atletico. We played one good half in both of those games. There’s only been one game where we have been great for close to 90 mins and that was against Inter.
There’s no arguing with these people. They compare with Allegri but don’t get that his “grinding results” was on purpose. They all wanted Sarri cause his style was supposed to be the opposite. Now, we can’t create shit and our defense looks like a midtable team.

- - - Updated - - -

Genoa is the worst team in the league. Parma fucking annihilated them and people says the management should buy players that fits the coaches system :lol2:

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
There’s no arguing with these people. They compare with Allegri but don’t get that his “grinding results” was on purpose. They all wanted Sarri cause his style was supposed to be the opposite. Now, we can’t create shit and our defense looks like a midtable team.

- - - Updated - - -

Genoa is the worst team in the league. Parma fucking annihilated them and people says the management should buy players that fits the coaches system :lol2:
When we struggled to score with Allegri - "Sack, no attacking plans, no ideas how to score"
When we struggle to score with Sarri - "How can we score alot against teams that defend with 10 men behind the ball, do you expect Sarri to run on to the field and finish the plethora of changes we create"

Its fucking reatrded, i don't care, as long as we are winning, i was the same with Allegri and im the same with Sarri but the double standards are retarded.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
There’s no arguing with these people. They compare with Allegri but don’t get that his “grinding results” was on purpose.
:rofl:

Oh yes, when we play shit under Sarri it’s because he’s a bad coach, but when we play shit under Allegri it was on purpose. That’s some excuse.

Do you remember Benevento?

They were not only the worst team in Serie A that season, but one of the worst Serie A teams in history. We grinded out a 2-1 win against them at home after going behind in the first half.

What happened today is nothing new.

Also, your claim that Genoa is the worst team in the league is factually incorrect. They are not even in the relegation zone, and they have some decent players like Schone and Romero.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Passing and high pressing is nice and all but the difference between being a Pep Guardiola goal fest and being a loser passing team like Arsenal is to score actual goals. Anybody can in theory just pass the ball around and act like you're playing attacking and dominating football.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
By the way, I’m not denying that we clearly need to improve, because our football is devoid of ideas at the moment. We get the ball to the opponents box and then overcomplicate things when we should be more direct. We lack width as we don’t play with wingers and even Sandro tucks inside often. The intensity of our pressing has also decreased since the game against Inter.

However, some of the people calling for Sarri’s head because we “only” managed to grind out a result against a team like Genoa are seriously lacking self-awareness.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
No one's abusing Sarri because of the 'ugly wins' but the posters who promised us our former coach was holding back our attacking force and we need to get rid of him in order to fully flourish and attack more and score more goals.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
No one's abusing Sarri because of the 'ugly wins' but the posters who promised us our former coach was holding back our attacking force and we need to get rid of him in order to fully flourish and attack more and score more goals.
I think this board needs to dig very deep, even though it's extremely difficult, and find a way to move on from the few posters who said these stupid things.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Maybe. Or they should hire @Nedved96 so he can show them advanced xG stats. We're obviously missing a lot of expected things.
The problem with this forums is that I’ve said a lot of stupid shit in the past and no one ever lets me forget it. :agree:

To answer your question, our current xG in Serie A is 1.964 expected goals per game.

2018/19 - 1.698
2017/18 - 1.559
2016/17 - 1.809
2015/16 - 1.658
2014/15 - 1.555

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The problem with this forums is that I’ve said a lot of stupid shit in the past and no one ever lets me forget it. :agree:

To answer your question, our current xG in Serie A is 1.964 expected goals per game.

2018/19 - 1.698
2017/18 - 1.559
2016/17 - 1.809
2015/16 - 1.658
2014/15 - 1.555
oh no what have you done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)