Maurizio Sarri (107 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's easy to forget amongst the vitriol that Sarri has won the Europa League and the Serie A titles in his last two seasons as a coach, so he might have been the wrong guy at the wrong club but he still has standing on the continent as a coach.

That said, next season without Kane I can see Spurs finishing out of the CL spot again.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-YQZzw2kMzShFn7v6.jpg

Most used XI

Szczesny
Cuadrado De Ligt Bonucci Alex Sandro
Bentancur Pjanic Matuidi
Dybala Higuain Ronaldo
Next best: Rabiot, Danilo, Berna, Ramsey

Szczesny
Cuadrado De Ligt Bonucci Danilo
Kulusevski Bentancur Rabiot Chiesa
Morata Ronaldo
Next best: AS, McKennie, Arthur, Demiral

We got Chiesa but we lost Dybala, Kulu has been bad and Pjanic and Matuidi are better than the current mids. Bentancur also got worse, as did Szczesny and Bonucci. Morata is an improvement on Higuain and Danilo is better than last year. Still, last year team did slightly better against weaker competition. I think the coaches are comparable on this level of coaching. Sarri would have probably won 80pts with this team, but can you say that Pirlo if he was hired a year prior, wouldn't do the same in his 2nd season? Because some point losses were just lack of experience from him
Bentancur and Rabiot #4 and #5 :inter:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
34W 10D 8L 108G 50GA
34W 8D 10L 99G 54GA

Who's who? Guess

23W 9D 6L 77G 38GA
26W 5D 7L 76G 43GA

For Serie A ^^^. Difference? 2 games. Last year we won the derbies in the league, but lost them in Coppa and Supercoppa finals. This year we won the Coppa and Supercoppa but lost 5 more points in the league. Sarriball got outscored both in the league and in total :lol3: even our defense was better this year :lol3: and the competition was way stronger this season as well :lol3: and we lost key players :lol3:

Like I said, two bum coaches. But atleast Pirlo has the excuse of coaching for the first time in his life, while sorri had a 30 year resume

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Last year's squad did not have Morata, Chiesa, Chiellini, Kulu, McKennie, Arthur.
Szczesny
Bentancur Pjanic Matuidi
Dybala Higuain Ronaldo

Szczesny
Morata Ronaldo

Pick one

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
34W 10D 8L 108G 50GA
34W 8D 10L 99G 54GA

Who's who? Guess

23W 9D 6L 77G 38GA
26W 5D 7L 76G 43GA

For Serie A ^^^. Difference? 2 games. Last year we won the derbies in the league, but lost them in Coppa and Supercoppa finals. This year we won the Coppa and Supercoppa but lost 5 more points in the league. Sarriball got outscored both in the league and in total :lol3: even our defense was better this year :lol3: and the competition was way stronger this season as well :lol3: and we lost key players :lol3:

Like I said, two bum coaches. But atleast Pirlo has the excuse of coaching for the first time in his life, while sorri had a 30 year resume
Which key players did we lose? Pipita, Costa and Pjanic weren’t really key players, not in their last season with us anyway.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Dybala was the only major loss. Overall our team is definitely an upgrade over last season. , although we still need that top midfielder.
Youre thinking long term. But for grinding out results vs Serie A minnows, the experience, controling of the tempo and miles of ground covered by Edit: Pjanic (forgot to mention him) and Matuidi were definitely missed. The team at the moment is younger and has some exciting players for the future, but that team was more suited for Serie A and has more Max football left in them

Last edited:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Youre thinking long term. But for grinding out results vs Serie A minnows, the experience, controling of the tempo and miles of ground covered by Matuidi were definitely missed. The team at the moment is younger and has some exciting players for the future, but that team was more suited for Serie A and has more Max football left in them
Yeah I guess you have a point. Matuidi and Pjanic would’ve made sure we won against the likes of Benevento and Crotone. They were champions, it must be said.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Szczesny
Bentancur Pjanic Matuidi
Dybala Higuain Ronaldo

Szczesny
Morata Ronaldo

Pick one
Well Morata and Chiesa produced too much to ignore so obviously the 2nd team is better. And Dybala still played 16 matches or something like that.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah I guess you have a point. Matuidi and Pjanic would’ve made sure we won against the likes of Benevento and Crotone. They were champions, it must be said.
Yep, and the difference in points is so small that these little things are basically the difference. I guess the 2nd team is better for cup competitions, where the teams have to come out at some point and leave us space

- - - Updated - - -

Well Morata and Chiesa produced too much to ignore so obviously the 2nd team is better. And Dybala still played 16 matches or something like that.
Dybala was injured and then out of form quite long. And i know you dislike Matuidi but you cant question his match winning ability. Some of them were obviously old and declining, but to accumulate wins vs random Serie A fodder, i think that Sarri team has better odds

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 106)