Maurizio Sarri (133 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Imagine if pool had that approach when they hired klopp
I see what you mean, but even though I'm still not a huge fan of Kloppo, we are talking about different category's of coaches here.

To trust in Klopp to (re)build a top team over the course of several years is one thing, but Sarri? Imo he's not the right man to spearhead such a huge scale project at a club like Juventus, as he lacks not only the quality to do so.

To stick with him could very well turn out to be just a giant waste of time.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I see what you mean, but even though I'm still not a huge fan of Kloppo, we are talking about different category's of coaches here.

To trust in Klopp to (re)build a top team over the course of several years is one thing, but Sarri? Imo he's not the right man to spearhead such a huge scale project at a club like Juventus, as he lacks not only the quality to do so.

To stick with him could very well turn out to be just a giant waste of time.
As i pointed it out before this had nothing to do with sarri whose appointment was a total fuck up imo but i think it was time to move on from allegri, and to point out a dip in performance post break up is not a knock on the necessity of the breakup.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
What do you think this team needs bro?
From a sporting perspective, I think we are on a mini rejuvenation revolution, where 2-3 young studs are added every year, which imo is a good way to go about it.
From a financial one, we have accumulated a lot of dead weight and have a coach that's to say the least is not an asset at this point. Both of these issues can largely be blamed on our effort to rebrand who we are. Going for Ronaldo meant we had to get creative in other areas and also go for success now as opposed to building for the future. Also getting sarri is imo 100% financial decision, we want a more marketable football to generate more revenue.
With these constraints in mind, i believe we need a solid LB, winger, and striker, these are the absolute needs imo getting another CM would be luxury at this point since those needs i mentioned are more pressing imo.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
From a sporting perspective, I think we are on a mini rejuvenation revolution, where 2-3 young studs are added every year, which imo is a good way to go about it.
From a financial one, we have accumulated a lot of dead weight and have a coach that's to say the least is not an asset at this point. Both of these issues can largely be blamed on our effort to rebrand who we are. Going for Ronaldo meant we had to get creative in other areas and also go for success now as opposed to building for the future. Also getting sarri is imo 100% financial decision, we want a more marketable football to generate more revenue.
With these constraints in mind, i believe we need a solid LB, winger, and striker, these are the absolute needs imo getting another CM would be luxury at this point since those needs i mentioned are more pressing imo.
Yeah I agree, leaving the coach discussion out of it. Although I'd say a good right back is more pressing than a left back.

Jun 6, 2015
Imagine if pool had that approach when they hired klopp
Don't see how that is in any way relevant. Just pointing out that even the "end of the cycle" Allegri team did better than this team. No one can know how we would have fared going forward with Max. I think we could have still improved with a few changes to our roster. Seems many on here now acknowledge the need for a small rebuild.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes but Allegri was horrendous in the end and needed to go, problem is that they hired a downgrade
Not really. It was just a popular idea around here as people had gotten tired of Allegri and thought we'd be better off without him. I think we've seen that it really wasn't the case.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Don't see how that is in any way relevant. Just pointing out that even the "end of the cycle" Allegri team did better than this team. No one can know how we would have fared going forward with Max. I think we could have still improved with a few changes to our roster. Seems many on here now acknowledge the need for a small rebuild.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. It was just a popular idea around here as people had gotten tired of Allegri and thought we'd be better off without him. I think we've seen that it really wasn't the case.
Great, i also don't see how this season relates to allegri since he's not here.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
It's a popular idea because people have to cope with the idea that our management made a massive poo poo with firing Allegri and not fixing many of the problems with the squad.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Horrendous? Whar is this season then?

He was nowhere near horrendous. He just needed new players that our management didnt want to provide to him.
Many toasters seem to mistake reality for Football Manager where the coaches job ends with clicking on a formation and choosing players to fill the positions.

And if a team looks complacent and unmotivated, or when simple mechanics don't work anymore it's the players fault the coach of absolved of guilt. When you see that all top teams already dropped out of CL and you celebrate your Ajax draw, then say screw it I don't care, it unforgivable attitude, induced or not prevented by the coach. Zero shots on target in like a dozen games throughout the season, including if I'm not mistaken our Coppa loss against Atalanta.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
In terms of ppg before lockdown we were on course for a 92 point season. Allegri had mainly 90+ point seasons, his worst was 87 with arguably his best team in 2014-15. That year we also had absolutely no title challenge, which surely helped in terms of the CL run and reduced pressure to win so many league games.

It's clear points are not everything, or we wouldn't have parted ways with Allegri, but in terms of titles they are the only thing that counts.

After lockdown we are looking at more like a 70 point season, which probably gets you 3rd or 4th most seasons. In just the recent games we're barely mid table, but it's not like things are going to get better from this point. The players are going to get more tired, more injuries. We need to wrap it up and concentrate on Lyon, which is only in 12 day's time :scared:

I'm still sure Allegri going was the right choice, but the choice of replacement at this point looks like the wrong one.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Many toasters seem to mistake reality for Football Manager where the coaches job ends with clicking on a formation and choosing players to fill the positions.

And if a team looks complacent and unmotivated, or when simple mechanics don't work anymore it's the players fault the coach of absolved of guilt. When you see that all top teams already dropped out of CL and you celebrate your Ajax draw, then say screw it I don't care, it unforgivable attitude, induced or not prevented by the coach. Zero shots on target in like a dozen games throughout the season, including if I'm not mistaken our Coppa loss against Atalanta.
And you are blaming Max for all of this? He has been asking for new players, he kept repeating on a lot of press conferences that motivation would be a problem for these players who keep winning and winning in Seria A and he was right. Look at this season, half of the players have been jogging on the pitch this whole season (Sandro, Pjanic...). He was asking for reconstruction of the team and the management refused and instead went for Sarri who is happy with whatever he has at his disposal.

And please stop with the Ajax game. They were on a high the whole CL campaign and we were playing with De Siglio and Rugani at the second game. Shit happens. Why you don't mention the Atletico game? Can you see this Juve coming back from 2-0 result vs Atletico? Hell, a lot of people dont believe that we will come back from 1-0 vs Lyon.

Maybe it was a right time to separate with Max I am not denying it, but we should have gotten a better replacement and that is a fact that is proving right at the moment.

Jun 6, 2015
Pretty you too were saying the relationship with Allegri couldn't be mended, effectively making the romantic looking back at this typical revisionism.
Not sure I was. Anyways we're never going to know how it would have went going forward with Max. Let's just hope that the management now sees the problems in the squad and is able to fix them regardless of who the manager is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 129)