Maurizio Sarri (52 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Well we’ve gone completely backwards since the Inter game in October (one of only two good games we’ve played in the league) and only a combination of dumb luck and Dybala/Higuain turning on their 2016 form has kept us in the running lately. I really fear for us next week in Rome against Lazio. If we play like we did against Sassuolo, we are in for an absolute mauling.

But we all know it’s going to be a shit-show with a horribly out of form Ronaldo, Bernashitfuck, our anaemic midfield and our sloppy, error-prone defence struggling to contain Immobile and Correa - who have been scoring goals for fun all season. Let’s hope Dybala and Higuain are in the mood and get to play as they are our only hopes at the moment.

We have taken huge steps backwards this season and this “undefeated” crap is pulling the wool over many fans eyes. This football is worse than anything we played under Allegri. Even when we sucked last season, we could still rely on a fairly water-tight defence, but those days are long gone now it seems.

Mookieb10

Apr 5, 2018
I get that today was frustrating as all hell, but we seriously should have scored 7 goals. Sometimes you just don’t catch the breaks. Did anyone see anything from Emre Can to suggest he should be starting, or even playing. I was as ambitious as the next guy to see Can over Khedira and Matuidi, but my goodness, he could not have had a worse game.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
No to Chiesa/Berna 2.0. Get real quality and if the squad doesnt show clear progress by the end of the season, sack the coach. Allegri was never a coach that promised flowing and effective offensive football, and we owed him giving him many chances because of his history of success here. Sarri is a coach whose whole brand revolves around offensive football. If he doesnt deliver we dont owe him many seasons of second chances and should have no reason to believe he will figure it out.

I will will wait till the end of the season to see if we see demonstrable progress. But so far I am very unimpressed and have turned pessimistic. I think at the end of the season I'll be on the #SarriOut camp.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I'm wondering how much time it'll take us to gel and hit form. It's already December it's taking much more than I thought. We're sterile upfront, we let in goals easily and still don't have progress on both fronts.

Hopefully we turn it around soon
It's not about when the time we gel
But we have some players in decline like Khedira and even C. Ronaldo
And some of them is not suited well like Berna and Can

We really dont have depth to play

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
It's not about when the time we gel
But we have some players in decline like Khedira and even C. Ronaldo
And some of them is not suited well like Berna and Can

We really dont have depth to play
The same team last season scored a lot more and conceded a lot less so it's not an excuse. Ronaldo is not in decline, he simply has a poor form.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
We have an even bigger conundrum than Berna though, and that is our forwards.

Higuain and Dybala play significantly better with each other than they do with Ronaldo, but we can’t bench Ronaldo because he’s Ronaldo.
Virtually no one on the team seems to be able to play with Ronaldo. Based on last season, only 2 players come to mind who linked up well with him: Bernardeschi & Mandzukic.

The same team last season scored a lot more and conceded a lot less so it's not an excuse. Ronaldo is not in decline, he simply has a poor form.
He isn't? If you ask me he was in decline before we signed him. Doesn't mean he wont play a great game once in a while, but let's be honest here: how many truly great games has he played for us so far?

Devil's advocate: Ever since we signed Ronaldo, we have been steadily declining as a team.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Some big overreactions here. I think at some point the internal standards are set so unrealistically high that it brings this hyperbole about everything Juve in contrast with the rest.

For all talks about a weak defense, we have the least goals conceded in the league. Not only that but the least goals conceded by any big team in the top leagues with the exception of Madrid (1 goal less).

We are undefeated in 19(?) games in all competitions. IIRC this is one of the seasons where we have the most points ever across all our matches.

Yes, we don't look like the "finished" product as a team, it is clear, but let's not lose grasp of reality. The team has done a fantastic job so far while adapting. There are questions yet there are results. What is the point of waiting at every half time to attack your coach? specially when it's the 2nd of december and we well on track for everything.

Last night, for us not playing a great game, we still scored 2. Should have had another penalty, and created TONS of chances. Can, Higuain, Dybala, Ronaldo all should have scored. We were undone by a bad pass from De Ligt and a mistake from Buffon. These are not things the coach controls, it was a freak situation.

Let's have a look outside:

Liverpool might not even make the CL knockouts, they left it to an away match in the last day and lost the h2h to Napoli.
Manchester CIty look like a joke compared to their past self. 11 points off first! 3rd place. They lost the league in October.
Bayern are 4th in the Bundesliga. Have already gone through 2 coaches. Enough said.
Madrid lost their CL group.
Atletico are 6th in la liga.
Barca tops la liga and their CL group. But, much more than us, their play tells a different story. They have been playing much worse than we have and are saved exclusively by Messi. Last night being a prime example of it.

Football isn't supposed to always be relaxing, every team has their say on it and every team goes through these periods. We have a very enjoyable and very successful "bad" period here at Juve.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
He hasn't lost a gme so far.

And that's the most impressing thing about our season so far, considering his shitty tactics, the uninspired midfield (maybe except of Pjanic), the sloppy defending sometimes and the horrendous perfomances of CR7.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Someone compared Sarri (still in first place [edit: up until yesterday ad still undefeated in Europe of all the big leagues], and first in group stage CL) to Del Neri. No Plan B? What are the subs & rotations then?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Some big overreactions here. I think at some point the internal standards are set so unrealistically high that it brings this hyperbole about everything Juve in contrast with the rest.

For all talks about a weak defense, we have the least goals conceded in the league. Not only that but the least goals conceded by any big team in the top leagues with the exception of Madrid (1 goal less).

We are undefeated in 19(?) games in all competitions. IIRC this is one of the seasons where we have the most points ever across all our matches.

Yes, we don't look like the "finished" product as a team, it is clear, but let's not lose grasp of reality. The team has done a fantastic job so far while adapting. There are questions yet there are results. What is the point of waiting at every half time to attack your coach? specially when it's the 2nd of december and we well on track for everything.

Last night, for us not playing a great game, we still scored 2. Should have had another penalty, and created TONS of chances. Can, Higuain, Dybala, Ronaldo all should have scored. We were undone by a bad pass from De Ligt and a mistake from Buffon. These are not things the coach controls, it was a freak situation.

Let's have a look outside:

Liverpool might not even make the CL knockouts, they left it to an away match in the last day and lost the h2h to Napoli.
Manchester CIty look like a joke compared to their past self. 11 points off first! 3rd place. They lost the league in October.
Bayern are 4th in the Bundesliga. Have already gone through 2 coaches. Enough said.
Madrid lost their CL group.
Atletico are 6th in la liga.
Barca tops la liga and their CL group. But, much more than us, their play tells a different story. They have been playing much worse than we have and are saved exclusively by Messi. Last night being a prime example of it.

Football isn't supposed to always be relaxing, every team has their say on it and every team goes through these periods. We have a very enjoyable and very successful "bad" period here at Juve.
Well said, need more positivity like this

And yes, we create tons of chances but we aren't nearly clinical enough. Sarri continues to bench players that are in form and scoring. That needs to change ASAP.

- - - Updated - - -

Up until yesterday, I think we are still in good position. Yesterday sucked but considering the way we have been underplaying I think to be undefeated still is a testament to how hard our team works to grind out results. We need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Someone compared Sarri (still in first place, and first in group stage CL) to Del Neri. No Plan B? What are the subs & rotations then?
I see no plan B so far. We play the same game week in week out no matter if it works or not. Yes, we were winning, but the writing has been on the wall for a while now, long before the Sass game. Against Moscow for exampe.

The subs are good, but how about putting the in-form players right into the starting eleven instead of bringing them on later in the game. He's merely fixing his own mistakes with those Dybala for Berna type of subs.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I see no plan B so far. We play the same game week in week out no matter if it works or not. Yes, we were winning, but the writing has been on the wall for a while now, long before the Sass game. Against Moscow for exampe.

The subs are good, but how about putting the in-form players right into the starting eleven instead of bringing them on later in the game. He's merely fixing his own mistakes with those Dybala for Berna type of subs.
I agree the the writing has been on the wall and also his subs are usually pretty good (And early enough in the game to make a difference might I add)

What is the issue then exactly for the Plan B? Let me ask a different way, what would you like him to do for a different plan? Perhaps a different formation? Also, agree about the in-form players too. I already said the players that are in form must be starters, I think its unfair to them and fucks up the chemistry that is already developing between the strikers.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, if he plays the players that are producing then the resuls should come relatively easier and if that means benching Ronaldo then do what needs to be done, so be it.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
And yes, we create tons of chances
yeah, often we don't. we created some after dybala entered the pitch, but look at the match against atleti: they had more shots, more shots on target, we were simply saved by wojtek and some sheer magic from dybala. or the match against atalanta: they had 22 shots, 8 on target, while we finished the match with 16/5, and if higuain wasn't so clinical, we could have easily drawn or lost that one too. also, about our luck: koulibaly own goal in the stoppages, winning penalty in the 96th minute against genoa? wins by one goal margins 12 times this season?

fact is that we're playing very, very close matches and running plenty of risks. we are lucky to have 36 points in 14 rounds. i'm not blaming it on sarri only, basically the whole team besides szczesny should absolutely do better than this.

i agree that not starting dybala when the next match is 6 days away was absolutely criminal though. at least sarri admitted that he gave a 50-min advantage to sassuolo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)