Maurizio Sarri (12 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
LOL @Post Ironic you see the SPAL miss? Looks familiar :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Agree 100%

I think it would obviously help with quality chance creation having any of Dybala, Ramsey, Costa on the pitch instead of Bernadeschi. Unfortunately the latter two are injury prone to the extreme.
Man, Sarri has to find a way to keep Costa & Ramsey healthy AND in the starting lineup. Everything changes when Costa is on.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Leaving out your best player, the one who's most likely to make things happen, sounds like a great idea. :tup:
Someone said 4231, which is why I ended it with ?? b/c I don't know how else we would field that formation since dybala isn't an AM. Was meant for a question so peeps could discuss how to even use the formation.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Why do people want Pep? What the hell would Pep do with this squad? Absolutely nothing. I don't want him anywhere near us.
Probably wouldn't agree to come unless we were willing to break the bank to build the squad he wants... so I suppose the argument could be made that we would know that we were going to do some massive squad upgrades if we hired him.

Anyways. I wasn't a fan of the Sarri hire, obviously, but it's completely nonsensical to be asking for him to be sacked right now. We have some issues with our gameplay, but we're still undefeated on the year in all competitions ffs.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
I can imagine the job interview for Pep, Paratici's face when Pep demands $500 million in a midfield overhaul
Not a chance Pep comes here with the way our club is run at the moment, imo signing demands was the catalyst in Allegri's departure, he wanted a Treq and the club said no, now Berna is our playmaker
If we continue with this way of signing, we will continue with yes men.

You cannot have a idealist like Pep, or even Sarri and be run that way, imo the board should be 100% behind a manager in terms of signings, imagine singing Sarri, a coach who is known for wingers, and having 2 wingers in the squad, one of which is about as durable as a chocolate souffle

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Woj
Danilo-Bonucci-MDL-Sandro
Pjanic-Matuidi
Cuads-Ramsey-Ronaldo
Higuain

??​
any current lineup not including dybala is retarded. man is on fire, there's not a single reason to bench him. ffs, i just checked our schedule, lazio match is a week away, i honestly have no idea why sarri benched the guy today.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Probably wouldn't agree to come unless we were willing to break the bank to build the squad he wants... so I suppose the argument could be made that we would know that we were going to do some massive squad upgrades if we hired him.

Anyways. I wasn't a fan of the Sarri hire, obviously, but it's completely nonsensical to be asking for him to be sacked right now. We have some issues with our gameplay, but we're still undefeated on the year in all competitions ffs.
I just really don't like him and I don't see him taking us to win the Champions League regardless of investment. Looking at the past two seasons I think MAYBE we could afford one expensive player per season, but then have to do some creative accounting work. I'm not holding my breath for any real changes to be made until after Ronaldo leaves and frees up that €60M in wages.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Diamond not working, there is no width.

Problem is that we don’t have any proper wingers. Cuadrado’s move to RB has been the best thing that’s happened to his career. Costa is never fit, and Berna is Berna.

There are a few options:

1. Move Cuadrado up the field and play Danilo at RB. This won’t work as well imo, as I think Cuadrado doesn’t have the end product to play as winger anymore.

2. Play 433 with Dybala and Ronaldo wide of Higuain. We tried this last season and it didn’t work. I do feel that perhaps Dybala could be a better winger if he’s playing alongside an overlapping Cuadrado? :boh:

4. Switch to 352, this is perhaps worth a shot, but Sarri has always been a 4 at the back man so this probably won’t happen.

5. Buy Chiesa in the winter. I am all in favour of this move. Chiesa has pace and can play either LW or RW efficiently. He is much younger and less injury prone than Costa. He is Italian too. Chiesa is probably the best player that’s attainable during the winter. Do whatever it takes to get him here in January, send Berna the other way if you have to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)