Maurizio Sarri (32 Viewers)

Mar 10, 2009
Even if we somehow did win, it still wasn't good enough. The warning signs have been frequent since about the 5th game in. We need a massive overhaul this January if we want to stand a chance in the CL. This cannot wait until the summer.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Inter will go into HT with a 2-0 lead. SPAL is done today, they won't get into it at all.

Imagine if Can had bagged that sitter and we went into HT with a 2-0 lead. Sassuolo would have been finished at 45 minutes.

Offense needs to be clinical. They aren't. Sarri needs to get our offenses head out of their asses and our Board needs to ask him some tough questions on why he opts for Bernie when an inform Dybala is producing.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Even if we somehow did win, it still wasn't good enough. The warning signs have been frequent since about the 5th game in. We need a massive overhaul this January if we want to stand a chance in the CL. This cannot wait until the summer.
Overhaul or not we have absolutely no chance of winning the CL. To avoid disappointment I'd forget about that competition already.

I'm now concerned at whether we can retain the scudetto.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Inter will go into HT with a 2-0 lead. SPAL is done today, they won't get into it at all.

Imagine if Can had bagged that sitter and we went into HT with a 2-0 lead. Sassuolo would have been finished at 45 minutes.

Offense needs to be clinical. They aren't. Sarri needs to get our offenses head out of their asses and our Board needs to ask him some tough questions on why he opts for Bernie when an inform Dybala is producing.
Can has hardly seen the pitch this year, and is not a finisher, expecting a mediocre player like him to be clinical is a strange expectation. We need to create more good chances for our forwards. Some matches we do, others we don’t.

Composure and finishing are also things that can be worked on in practice. So perhaps the coach should spend a wee bit less time in practice on a million little passes and drilling rigid movements and patterns into our world class attackers’ heads and more time on finishing and final ball, because it’s been letting us down for the better part of 3 months.

Anyways, lots of time left before knockouts to sort this issue out. This team on paper is easily good enough to be amongst the few favourites to win CL, so it’s just a matter of expressing that on the pitch when it matters. I think we’ll see improvements. The team will get more comfortable with this style and that comfort should translate into finishing too.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I haven't seen a favorite to win it this year. Looks ready for the taking. Let's get our shit together.
Yeah - I was thinking the same thing. The usual suspects are maybe slipping off the podium so it would be really painful to top the group but go crashing in one of these next rounds.

JuveJay said it in another thread - Juve took this game as a "bulk game management". I hate that mentality, we are relatively low on injuries (Chiellini & Costa) so we have no excuses for not playing with strong lineups with players that are in form.

- - - Updated - - -

Can has hardly seen the pitch this year, and is not a finisher, expecting a mediocre player like him to be clinical is a strange expectation. We need to create more good chances for our forwards. Some matches we do, others we don’t.

Composure and finishing are also things that can be worked on in practice. So perhaps the coach should spend a wee bit less time in practice on a million little passes and drilling rigid movements and patterns into our world class attackers’ heads and more time on finishing and final ball, because it’s been letting us down for the better part of 3 months.

Anyways, lots of time left before knockouts to sort this issue out. This team on paper is easily good enough to be amongst the few favourites to win CL, so it’s just a matter of expressing that on the pitch when it matters. I think we’ll see improvements. The team will get more comfortable with this style and that comfort should translate into finishing too.
wut?

Any average SPAL player would have buried that against us, why can't we expect a Juventus midfielder to hit an open net? Come on, regardless of talent any one us would have it it in. Can fucked up. Rusty or not, its not an excuse. The guy scored some great goals at Pool, so to make excuses for that miss to being mediocre is odd if you ask me.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah - I was thinking the same thing. The usual suspects are maybe slipping off the podium so it would be really painful to top the group but go crashing in one of these next rounds.

JuveJay said it in another thread - Juve took this game as a "bulk game management". I hate that mentality, we are relatively low on injuries (Chiellini & Costa) so we have no excuses for not playing with strong lineups with players that are in form.

- - - Updated - - -

wut?

Any average SPAL player would have buried that against us, why can't we expect a Juventus midfielder to hit an open net? Come on, regardless of talent any one us would have it it in. Can fucked up. Rusty or not, its not an excuse. The guy scored some great goals at Pool, so to make excuses for that miss to being mediocre is odd if you ask me.
It seems you are under the delusion that teams score every single sitter they get...

I’ll cure you of this. They don’t. Not every average SPAL player would have buried that against us. Nor does even a Dybala/Ronaldo/Higgy bury that 100% of the time. Players miss sitters all the time, a reason why football isn’t higher scoring. And shit players with mediocre technique like Emre Can, who have barely played all year, are far more likely to miss sitters. Making excuses? Nah. Just pointing out the reality that far betters players miss such chances. We need to create more of them so the occasional miss doesn’t cost us.

Dominating possession and shots is all fine and dandy... but we created next to nothing all match for our world class attackers, at home against Sassuolo. That needs to change.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It seems you are under the delusion that teams score every single sitter they get...

I’ll cure you of this. They don’t. Not every average SPAL player would have buried that against us. Nor does even a Dybala/Ronaldo/Higgy bury that 100% of the time. Players miss sitters all the time, a reason why football isn’t higher scoring. And shit players with mediocre technique like Emre Can, who have barely played all year, are far more likely to miss sitters. Making excuses? Nah. Just pointing out the reality that far betters players miss such chances. We need to create more of them so the occasional miss doesn’t cost us.

Dominating possession and shots is all fine and dandy... but we created next to nothing all match for our world class attackers, at home against Sassuolo. That needs to change.
Those far better players that miss those chances also score a ton of goals otherwise. Can should have scored that.

It is strange to me that Buffon can receive so much criticism today for that first goal as its a routine stop for any GK but Can can't get criticism for missing a sitter but can be excused because he is mediocre.

Professionals at this level are expected to perform in those moments.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
as soon as dybala entered the pitch we looked twice the team. neither higuain nor cr7 could create anything.

berna is in hopeless form and i want him to be benched too, but singling him out as the main reason for these shit performances is a wrong conclusion.
He is singled out because in the 4 3 1 2 the 1 has to be the creator the provider, yet the only thing he creates or provides are shit performances and lost balls and in the stands shots, yet he somehow starts almost every match.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
I like the optimism but this is not a CL winning team.

I'd love to be proven wrong but there is nowhere near the right balance in the squad and the coach is not capable.
Oh, today for sure, but I hope we won't be as shit as today for the rest of a season. I do believe we have a squad to win it all, even if CR won't come into his senses

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Those far better players that miss those chances also score a ton of goals otherwise. Can should have scored that.

- - - Updated - - -

It is strange to me that Buffon can receive so much criticism today for that first goal as its a routine stop for any GK but Can can't get criticism for missing a sitter but can be excused because he is mediocre.
Am I criticizing Buffon? Lol

And who says Can can’t be criticized? I actually call him mediocre and garbage above. I’d say that’s criticism. It’s not my fault you are under the delusion that a rubbish player like him is going to bury every good chance he gets. He won’t. And we saw it today. And it’s because he’s shit.

But blaming this result entirely on that. How silly. Create more for our attackers and his miss doesn’t matter. Getting a horrid form Berna out of the starting XI would be a good place to begin on this.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Am I criticizing Buffon? Lol

And who says Can can’t be criticized? I actually call him mediocre and garbage above. I’d say that’s criticism. It’s not my fault you are under the delusion that a rubbish player like him is going to bury every good chance he gets. He won’t. And we saw it today. And it’s because he’s shit.

But blaming this result entirely on that. How silly. Create more for our attackers and his miss doesn’t matter. Getting a horrid form Berna out of the starting XI would be a good place to begin on this.
I didn't say you criticized Buffon. I am adding to the argument that if Buffon is expected to make routine saves at this level, Can should be expected, as a midfielder who has scored a decent amount of goals at other clubs, to finish an open net from 6 feet away.

LOL and I didn't say our result is from the Can miss:grin:

But, that was a chance and these smaller teams take those minimal chances and get draws against us. Hence my argument why we need to be more clinical. How many chances do you expect this club to create before our offense starts scoring more?

- - - Updated - - -

We had 19 shots, only 7 on target. What more does the offense need?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I didn't say you criticized Buffon. I am adding to the argument that if Buffon is expected to make routine saves at this level, Can should be expected, as a midfielder who has scored a decent amount of goals at other clubs, to finish an open next from 6 feet away.

LOL and I didn't say our result is from the Can miss:grin:

But, that was a chance and these smaller teams take those minimal chances and get draws against us. Hence my argument why we need to be more clinical. How many chances do you expect this club to create before our offense starts scoring more?
I expect us to create more chances for our forwards and we will score more. Our forwards have missed some very good chances this year, but we really haven’t created enough for them, the same problem we had under Max last year. We’re taking more shots but the majority of them are not good ones.

If we are depending on players like Can who barely play to get results for us with the single chance that has fallen at his feet all year, we are in trouble. And no he hasn’t scored a decent number of goals. He scored 5 goals in a single season once.

Buffon is held to a higher standard because he is and was a world class keeper. Can is rubbish. But even so, Buffon isn’t at fault for this result, whereas Can certainly should be criticized for his miss. I just don’t expect Can to do anything other than mess up there.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I expect us to create more chances for our forwards and we will score more. Our forwards have missed some very good chances this year, but we really haven’t created enough for them, the same problem we had under Max last year. We’re taking more shots but the majority of them are not good ones.

If we are depending on players like Can who barely play to get results for us with the single chance that has fallen at his feet all year, we are in trouble. And no he hasn’t scored a decent number of goals. He scored 5 goals in a single season once.

Buffon is held to a higher standard because he is and was a world class keeper. Can is rubbish. But even so, Buffon isn’t at fault for this result, whereas Can certainly should be criticized for his miss. I just don’t expect Can to do anything other than mess up there.
It's not about creating "more" chances, however, for me in this case its the quality of the chances we create IMO. We create plenty, but they aren't necessarily the kind where it puts a striker on a 1v1 with the GK. We open up spaces for shots quite often, but those those come from a distance. We need to find a way to get the ball closer to goal for our strikers. We have a habit of nuking a good run/counter by overhitting that final pass that makes the strikers work more rather than less when they get to the box.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Yeah but for Pep to do anything we would need 2 world class central midfielders and a bunch of other squad players suited to his needs. I don't see us bankrolling Pep sufficiently. Could be wrong though maybe we will to keep the momentum going.
True, I also suspect that Pep would want to sell Ronaldo.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's not about creating "more" chances, however, for me in this case its the quality of the chances we create IMO. We create plenty, but they aren't necessarily the kind where it puts a striker on a 1v1 with the GK. We open up spaces for shots quite often, but those those come from a distance. We need to find a way to get the ball closer to goal for our strikers. We have a habit of nuking a good run/counter by overhitting that final pass that makes the strikers work more rather than less when they get to the box.
Agree 100%

I think it would obviously help with quality chance creation having any of Dybala, Ramsey, Costa on the pitch instead of Bernadeschi. Unfortunately the latter two are injury prone to the extreme.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)