Maurizio Sarri (235 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
why would you prefer we conceded as many as milan, roma and inter?
i would have preferred if we didn't concede 3 at home against any team, and especially didn't bottle 2 and 3 goal leads against atleti and napoli. also, i'd have preferred to win or at least try to do so at firenze against a team under construction, being in shit form.

i get the excitement of some here about two formations, rotation, ramsey, short passes and shit, but this team still has a long, long way to go. we don't score enough, we leak avoidable goals (and we can't blame everything on de ligt's lack of italian experience, that's the laziest possible explanation), cr is running at a 20 goal/season pace (tuz & maurice said that he's supposed to score 40), vertical passes and through balls are missing from our gameplay, we're a one sided team too reliant on its right wing, out of the new signings only de ligt is a regular starter, there's still too much injuries, etc. i also get that chiellini's injury is a bummer, and with a healthy costa, we wouldn't switch to 4-3-1-2 which is surely a b-plan, especially with out of form bernardeschi as a wannabe özil. we're two months into the season, it's obviously a half empty, half full glass. i just don't see anything to get overexcited about.

this season has been both lucky and unlucky so far. bottom line is that 23 points are not bad at all, especially with both inda and napoli defeated in the first 9 matches, but thing is that we're top of the table thanks to that koulibaly own goal and/or that last minute header by santander hitting the crossbar, while dropping points against giants like fiorentina (while playing shit) and lecce (which was an unlucky match, judging by the highlights), and barely surviving the threat caused by bologna. we're walking a thin line and i only can hope we'll get a lot better come march and the matches that hopefully matter.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
to be fair we are a work in progress as has been acknowledged by the coach and the players.

Sarri still has time to turn this into the most beatiful football in Europe. :sarrismo:
Oh, I’m certain we shall start scoring a lot more soon. It’s just funny to see all the “I told you so” posts happening already when our offense has been quite anemic thus far.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
i think there have been glimpses of some pretty good play but with Costa out we badly lack a winger and neither Bernardeschi or Dybala is suited to it forcing us to play 4-3-1-2 which has its own concerns at the CAM position when Ramsey is injured and Bernardeschi is on terrible form.

Once again we find ourselves short of rotation options suited to how the coach wants to play forcing us to change. It was something Allegri was able to deal with a lot better than most.

If Sarri works out then I pray management changes its strategy and actually buys players suited to him. I'm sick of constantly feeling like we are one or two injuries away from having to change the lineup.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
If Sarri works out then I pray management changes its strategy and actually buys players suited to him.
haha, that was our wish since 2015 :hihi:

the club will always put a pricetag on whoever they want and pounce on market opportunities. the coach will have no say in our market strategy, at least that was the case with conte and allegri, and it's probably the case with sarri too. dybala would have been sold regardless of sarri's positive opinion on the player, it's only dybala who was able to hijack his sale.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
haha, that was our wish since 2015 :hihi:

the club will always put a pricetag on whoever they want and pounce on market opportunities. the coach will have no say in our market strategy, at least that was the case with conte and allegri, and it's probably the case with sarri too.
Yep. Also seems like the very first moment our coach demands some say, he gone and replaced with a new yes man.

And yes, Allegri too was a yes man when we signed him, but by the time he left he wasn't one anymore.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Yep. Also seems like the very first moment our coach demands some say, he gone and replaced with a new yes man.

And yes, Allegri too was a yes man when we signed him, but by the time he left he wasn't one anymore.
That’s just an assumption, I still think he had very little say when it came to signing players. Sarri will have probably even less.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I dont know why people get so exited about rotation. I wish we had 18 worldclass players. But we dont have even 6 healthy worldclass players who perform week in and week out. At Napoli he had a very good 11 players and 3 other who would come up and play in case of short term injuries or suspensions.

We have CR7, Pjanic, Chiellini (injured), Alex Sandro, Costa (injured), Bonucci, who will start all the times if they’re fit and ready to play. The rest are easily benchable players.

Look at our midfield. Apart from Pjanic, the rest of them are pretty much in same category, Matuidi, Khedira, Can, Bentancur, Rabiot. None of them is a guarantee starters like Real had/have Modric, Kroos and Casemiro. Juve can field Matuidi, Khedira, Pjanic all year long but benching Khedira for Can or Bentancur wont make a big difference like real benching Kroos for that Llorente guy. Rabiot is still not ready for some reason, i dont know if he’s not 100% ready, mentally or physically but at this point we aint ready as a team.
My hope is in two three months to have a midfield of Ramsey-Pjanic-Rabiot and I hope it works out, and attack with Costa-Dybala-Ronaldo. Knowing the fact that Costa and Ramsey cant be relied on, and Rabiot has issues not settling in. We’ll be strugling for a while.

My ideal formation would be
Woj
Cuadrado-Bonucci-De Ligt- Alex Sandro
Ramsey-Pjanic-Rabiot
Costa-Dybala-Ronaldo

This team would score a lot and play beautiful football. Anything else is meh.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
That’s just an assumption, I still think he had very little say when it came to signing players. Sarri will have probably even less.
Where do i disagree? I just think Max was demanding more say in transfers over the years, after going from trophy to trophy, and that it might have played a part in getting him sacked.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Woj
Ramsey-Pjanic-Rabiot
Costa-Dybala-Ronaldo

That's the lineup I would hope to see settled in as the best 11 after the 1st of 2020. The 3 main new guys playing as was anticipated before the start of the season. Thing is Sarriball if they don't score a lot the blame has to rest solely with Sarri. I think you would agree with that?

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
That's the lineup I would hope to see settled in as the best 11 after the 1st of 2020. The 3 main new guys playing as was anticipated before the start of the season. Thing is Sarriball if they don't score a lot the blame has to rest solely with Sarri. I think you would agree with that?
Obviously Sarri is to blame. Some say Sarri cant go there and score the goals, but if our players have bad passes or no set plays same excuse could be used. We should be scoring more. And we should defend the lead by keeping the ball away from opposition.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I dont know why people get so exited about rotation. I wish we had 18 worldclass players. But we dont have even 6 healthy worldclass players who perform week in and week out. At Napoli he had a very good 11 players and 3 other who would come up and play in case of short term injuries or suspensions.

We have CR7, Pjanic, Chiellini (injured), Alex Sandro, Costa (injured), Bonucci, who will start all the times if they’re fit and ready to play. The rest are easily benchable players.

Look at our midfield. Apart from Pjanic, the rest of them are pretty much in same category, Matuidi, Khedira, Can, Bentancur, Rabiot. None of them is a guarantee starters like Real had/have Modric, Kroos and Casemiro. Juve can field Matuidi, Khedira, Pjanic all year long but benching Khedira for Can or Bentancur wont make a big difference like real benching Kroos for that Llorente guy. Rabiot is still not ready for some reason, i dont know if he’s not 100% ready, mentally or physically but at this point we aint ready as a team.
My hope is in two three months to have a midfield of Ramsey-Pjanic-Rabiot and I hope it works out, and attack with Costa-Dybala-Ronaldo. Knowing the fact that Costa and Ramsey cant be relied on, and Rabiot has issues not settling in. We’ll be strugling for a while.

Woj
Ramsey-Pjanic-Rabiot
Costa-Dybala-Ronaldo

Higgy would be fine in the Dybala role there too. ;)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

Wasn't it mutual?

Either way, this is why I don't believe we will ever truly be dominant. Unless this is "temporary" until we catch up financially. We've had excellent coaches for years now, I don't understand why they aren't trusted to contribute to transfer decisions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 219)