Mauricio Pochettino and other coaches (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2013
This wisdom coming from a Sarri boy...
When we sign Poch and go trophyless then you shall see....

- - - Updated - - -

Hell no to Conte.
I don't want to listen to his daily bitching and moaning and his terrible and outdated tactics. Shouting at your players only goes so far.
He's a winner tho. And I don't think you could call his tactics out-dated. He just won a PL title with them only a few years ago.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
The problem I have with Conte is that he likes shitty players.

He personally requested Ashley Young, Lukaku, and Moses at Inter.

These kind of players are fine for Serie A but won’t do shit in Europe.

Oct 23, 2011
It's obviously not going to be Conte, Agnelli would never take him back. For me, it's either Poch, Inzaghi, or Allegri. I don't see Zidane leaving Madrid yet. If he does, he would be my first choice for both mental and tactical reasons. I don't think that any player would take anything for granted and we would certainly not see a shameful lackluster performance like yesterday's with him at the helm. Inzaghi would be my last pick. Between Poch and Allegri I would still lean towards Allegri simply because of his proven record and because I truly think he still has some unfinished business here. With the players already acquired and a few more acquisitions i actually see him doing really well here again. Having said that, I would definitely not complain if we end up with Poch.

Above anything, however, please do not throw Pirlo under the bus by putting him in front of this group. Let him develop his managerial skills without much pressure and one day he'll hopefully be ready to take over.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
And that Spurs performance in the final was pathetic. No FA Cups, maybe one Carling Cup but nothing more. I can't think of how many cup finals he's been in. Sack Sarri for an Allegri level guy, not another Sarri level. Go for a coach then back him because this squad needs a clear out.
That's not really true though is it?

I actually far preferred Spurs approach to that final than Liverpool. It might have been forced because of the 2nd minute penalty but I thought Liverpool got a lot wrong and were fortunate with the crazy penalty. Spurs took the game toLiverpool but just didn't have the quality to get the goal they needed.

Spurs also had their talisman Harry Kane playing his first match in nearly 2 months and he was obviously not comfortable.

It seems that many people don't realise how little clubs in England care about the FA or Carling cup.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
That's not really true though is it?

It seems that many people don't realise how little clubs in England care about the FA or Carling cup.
My opinion of the final performance was like every important game Spurs play, they never deliver. FA Cup is a big deal and Spurs haven't had a sniff since Hoddle was playing.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
When does CL wrap up?

Not sure we can afford waiting to see if Pep will leave or not. Plus, bringing him aboard isn't going to be pretty. The squad is worse now and requires rebuilding more than it did last summer.

Why is ZZ a candidate? Has Perez turned on him again after their CL exit?

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
When we sign Poch and go trophyless then you shall see....

- - - Updated - - -

He's a winner tho. And I don't think you could call his tactics out-dated. He just won a PL title with them only a few years ago.
Yeah, cuz no one knew how to play against a 3 man defence in England. Once teams figured his play style out, Chelsea struggled immensely the following season.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
If there is one thing I've learned about Juventus is to never get your hopes up when it comes to coaches. We've never gone for the big names when it comes to coaches after calciopoli era. All the way from Ranieri until Sarri. Obviously some like Conte and Allegri performed really well but they were initially questioned when they joined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)