Mauricio Pochettino and other coaches (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Taking Spurs to CL final > anything the chainsmoker has done in his 30 year career.

Poch is also only 48. Not 60.
And that Spurs performance in the final was pathetic. No FA Cups, maybe one Carling Cup but nothing more. I can't think of how many cup finals he's been in. Sack Sarri for an Allegri level guy, not another Sarri level. Go for a coach then back him because this squad needs a clear out.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Fact: Sarri is more successful than Poch.
And that Spurs performance in the final was pathetic. No FA Cups, maybe one Carling Cup but nothing more. I can't think of how many cup finals he's been in. Sack Sarri for an Allegri level guy, not another Sarri level. Go for a coach then back him because this squad needs a clear out.
What's your point?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Poch Zidane Inzaghi and in the end we will have inexperienced Pirlo...
Its not that Im against Pirlo it is just at a club like Juve I would expect to find managers who have some records.. Pirlo - I dont think he even had the chance for our youth team..
I could be wrong though..

Poch - Tough for me to say as he has done well raising the level of his team at his disposal with Tottenham but Im not sure about him.
Inzaghi - I really like his Lazio team (pre-coronavirus) - I mean I really liked the way they played but can we play like this when we have no real midfield?
Zidane - Obviously my top choice of the bunch as he is not an all out attack kind of coach but more of a balance one which should mean much better defense.
Conte - He is definitely a good coach although he relies on the 3-5-2 which might be considered as a defensive system.
Allegri - Well we all know what he got us but we are at a different situation right now and the idea is not just about building a team but also make it look good - There is also the point of Dybala who should play freely as he did this year while Allegri`s tactic might keep him back from showing his best.

Safest choice would be Conte IMO as you take out Inter as a possible surprise while you get our team that fighting spirit we missed.
Also I think A.Sandro will perform much better as LWB than LB while Cuadrado might even be better than he currently is as RWB...
Kulu can definitely that upper midfielder player even though I think it might be a waste of his talent
Dybala Ronaldo up front is a given
The only 2 spots remaining are Rabiot Bentancur and Arthur to fight for.

May 23, 2013
Pochettino is probably the most overrated manager in the history of football. I never understood why his D was ridden so hard by football fans. He didn't win a single title at Spurs, his only achievements at the club are finishing third behind Arsenal in decline and Leicester, finishing 2nd, almost KO'ing Juvenuts and doing nothing in a CL final. Spurs in that period only looked good because all other major clubs in the PL were going through transition.

Would be a horrible decision to hire Poch. Of realistic choices I'd go with Conte, Allergy, Inzaghi, or Jardim, in that order.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Pochettino is probably the most overrated manager in the history of football. I never understood why his D was ridden so hard by football fans. He didn't win a single title at Spurs, his only achievements at the club are finishing third behind Arsenal in decline and Leicester, finishing 2nd, almost KO'ing Juvenuts and doing nothing in a CL final. Spurs in that period only looked good because all other major clubs in the PL were going through transition.

Would be a horrible decision to hire Poch. Of realistic choices I'd go with Conte, Allergy, Inzaghi, or Jardim, in that order.
This wisdom coming from a Sarri boy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)