Mauricio Pochettino and other coaches (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I actually like him. Young coach, forward thinking, aggressive style of play, good motivator... and I’d rather take a flyer on a coach like that, than on an old fuck like Sarri who can’t motivate a squad to save his life.... but I do agree that the lack of trophies is worrisome... I’d choose a promising young coach like him or Inzaghi over a Sarri type or an old washed up dud like Mou/Mancini/Capello every time though.
I like him too, I think he will buy into Juve’s winning mentality more than Sarri ever did, but seriously he should have won at least a League Cup with Spurs.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
People forget that Poch was working for years with very small budget and he couldn't sign players as he wanted ...but still he overperformed for years with style ...

another point, facing Multi-million business in City and Liverpool is no an easy task ...

Poch :

- Football style ...
- Tactically flexible but not Allegri flexible ...
- he can deal with what players he can have ...

but , bring back Allegri ...give him players he wants and let him reproduce the first three season performance .. we were playing good football ...Balanced Football

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Not convinced by Poch. This club’s goal is to win in Europe, and I don’t think he’s going to do that. It’s going to the same win domestic/fail europe routine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
It's a moot point really because he's not Italian

This club will make their decision based purely on the nationality of the coach as they have since firing Deschamps after promotion

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Not convinced by Poch. This club’s goal is to win in Europe, and I don’t think he’s going to do that. It’s going to the same win domestic/fail europe routine.

While I have doubts about Poch, it is rare that the same managers win the CL.

Zidane is the only one in recent times to have won it multiple times. Pep won it twice, the last time was 9 years ago. The only other CL winning managers to have won it multiple times still managing are Ancelotti (3) and Mourinho (2), the most recent being 6 years ago.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #187
    Would love Zidane. :sad:

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck, with Pirlo here, bring back Zidane another legend.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    No manager can guarantee that.

Unlike Sarri, he is at least young, with room for improvement, and already lead Tottenham to a CL final. Probably a gamble too, but much more worth taking than the Sarri one imo.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    It's a moot point really because he's not Italian

This club will make their decision based purely on the nationality of the coach as they have since firing Deschamps after promotion
    He's of an Italian descent from the Piedmont region as well. That could help.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    The question is why does a club that clearly has global branding ambitions due to the commercial revenue potential continue to only hire Italian coaches? The coaching pool is much wider if you simply remove nationality from your query.

In this case it's very much like FM

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012

You don't win in Europe by signing freebie midfielders

Ronaldo isnt going to do it all by his own. Let's be honest, we dont have the squad atm to win in Europe.

If the goal is to win in Europe, it will have to be backed up with investments but it seems we can't go one summer in strengthening one position only by weakening another.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018

He got to CL final with spurs very recently beating the team that knocked us out.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
    He's of an Italian descent from the Piedmont region as well. That could help.
    And Bianconero too from what I read, obviously he will be more welcome than Sarri

But I dont think he is the right coach for us, my reason is he is known with his training regime
    This will backfire for us in terms of injury and fatigue (based on our players character in recent years).
    And when we get tough week then everything start falling apart, the blame will be on him

Maybe our management will push him to resign mid season, for Allegri to step in and save the season
    If that is the case, we better start with Allegri since the day 1 of next season
    But with clear vision about the players that we bought

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)