Mattia De Sciglio (12 Viewers)

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
I dont really understand the hate this guy is getting. What do you guys expect from him? His injury issues are the only reason we should not renew this backup player who can cover both sides.

He has had more decent games for us than bad ones, even had some good run of games where he was arguably our best LB (I know what the other options are, but still).

Rather keep him as a backup with low wages than the leech that is Alex Sandro.

We cant replace the whole squad in one summer. Pellegrini might generate some cash to get someone like Udogie.

I would concentrate on cleaning up the real trash like Rabiot, Arthur, Bernardeschi and Alex Sandro.

I do however think a contract till 2025 is a bit much.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Eh, don't really get the hysteria. He is at best going to be 4th choice as a full-back and extended for 1.7m a year. It perhaps means we are pushing the search for a new RB to one of the next few transfer windows or that we couldn't dedicate any funds to that position this summer. We know Pellegrini wants more playing time (which we rightfully can't guarantee, especially if we get a new LB) and is likely to leave. Again, we get a new LB and MDS will have Cuadrado and Danilo in front of him at RB, and the new player at LB.
Ah come on now, you've been here a while, you should know better than to be logical and reasonable while on Tuz.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Serviceable backup that won't complain for more than one position on what, like €2/year? This is what we're complaining about? Who else would fit this role instead then? And I sure hope they would come for free, since I don't want a single dime to be spent on a backup position like this when we need to throw down stacks for actual starters.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
I hope its not 2m/year. If you're not allowing some 17-18 year old to be your third choice LB/RB then you better be paying next to nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)