Mattia De Sciglio (41 Viewers)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
One can be "for management" and still allow that they make mistakes. Selling Vidal was a mistake. Not working harder to keep Morata and spending 90 mil on Higgy is a lesser mistake, but still a mistake. Buying both Costa and Bernadeschi (when we already have Mandzu, Cuadrado, Pjaca as wingers) was probably a mistake. Imo we should have just bought Bernadeschi. A backup for Dybala and rotation with Cuadrado. Or just Costa if we wanted someone who could play both wings.

Regardless, the management has built us into Italian dominance and perennial CL contenders after Calciopoli and then two 7th place finishes. They deserve trust and the benefit of the doubt until we actually see a decline due to their high-turnover strategy. Criticizing individual moves is just fine and dandy, criticizing their overall body of work is just grotesque.
Yeah, ridic to hate on this mgmt., which is one of the best in the business and the envy of other teams. We're perennial CL contenders now despite having less resources compared to other contenders. From two 7th place finishes to CL contenders in 4 years is nothing short of remarkable. You might not agree with everything - which is natural b/c no one, even the best, aren't perfect, and everyone has diff viewpoints & opinions - but to say (and repeat ad nauseum in the past) our mgmt. is subpar or that they should be fired and replaced (LOL) is very silly.

As for the mistakes cited here, most, if not all, of those weren't even mistakes.

Team was built for a 4231, and we started the season with the right # of attackers.

I don't know how we could've worked harder to keep Morata. The price Real quoted for him was deemed too high at that time, and we all wanted a top CF. Morata was far from a prolific striker in Serie A.

Vidal I'm unsure about. It's mostly said that he was the one who wanted to leave. But Allegri once suggested otherwise IIRC.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What the heck is wrong with this guy? Finally started to look settled in the team and showing some glimpses of what made him a promising young player 4-5 years ago, and goes down injured again. Does anyone know when he will be back? We need him match-fit for Rof16...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What the heck is wrong with this guy? Finally started to look settled in the team and showing some glimpses of what made him a promising young player 4-5 years ago, and goes down injured again. Does anyone know when he will be back? We need him match-fit for Rof16...
I think he is back to partially training with the first team. We have a 2 week break after the match tomorrow so I suspect nearly everyone will be back by then barring any stupid injuries tomorrow.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I wonder why it's so hard to do an overlapping run on the wing when the half space has been occupied. He's playing as a 3rd CB most times ffs.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Unsecure at times, tho i hope is just a case of needing more games in a row to regain form and confidence, on another day his last 15-20 mins from tonight could have cost us sorely, he must stay focused in the game the full 90mins without switching off at crucial times...

Than again, other than the related above he mainly had a good game overall. He is the best we have atm and as long as we counting on him as our 1st choice RB he needs all of our support because we do need him fit and at his best for the months ahead. :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)