Matthijs de Ligt (44 Viewers)

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
When we got this guy i was super hyped, yeah CR7 transfer was out of this world , but he was 33 .

And friend of mine who’s barca fan kept telling me like how we only can sign old players and stuff.

When De Ligt happened, i was like wow , we beat fucking barca and other clubs like bayern,psg etc..

But last 3 years he showed he has potential, but to be honest I thought he would do way better than this .

I liked him , but he was getting alot of salary and not performing at highest levels .

He might be good one day (3/4 years later) but right now i can name 6/7 better CBs at least.

Thanks for everything, he seems like cool guy though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Seriously, has anyone ever felt any strong emotion towards him at all this whole time, positive or negative?
Weirdly I've never really cared either way about him. Apart from that spell of handballs which seemed like a load of nonsense brought about by the rules.

I wanted him in there instead of Rugani, for example, sometimes Bonucci, but I didn't feel security like when Barzagli or Chiellini were fit. But he has years to develop. I think that's what people miss and feel sad about, the potential that he has, rather than anything he has shown so far. I didn't feel that as I didn't think we'd see him past 25. Central defenders peak after that, especially in Serie A. Leaving at 22 is a bit early, imo. I also question his choice, it's a very safe one and a bit boring.

He's also a very fashionable player and popular on football sims, which should never be underestimated.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Lolkthxbye

We grossly overpaid for him initially and to him yearly, this was always going to be the result. I think he's quite overrated as well after seeing him play. Never really cared for him while here, and don't now that he's leaving as well.

Seriously, has anyone ever felt any strong emotion towards him at all this whole time, positive or negative?
Some people stopped being Juve fans because we sold him.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Lolkthxbye

We grossly overpaid for him initially and to him yearly, this was always going to be the result. I think he's quite overrated as well after seeing him play. Never really cared for him while here, and don't now that he's leaving as well.

Easily my favourite young player in the world right now, so yeah, this sucks as far as I’m concerned. He was one of of the most sought after young players in the world after that Ajax run and I thought the fact that we beat competition from other clubs with more financial muscle to sign him was a massive statement. Him leaving now kinda feels like Juve being a feeder club again tbh.

It won’t make me support Juve any less, but still. I’d still tune into Bayern games sometimes to watch him play I think. Recall doing the same for Davids when he left Juve. That Barca team under Rijkard had a feel good quality about them anyway, opposite to the despicable bunch they have become now.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Was over moon when we signed for the reasons @Albo mentioned but always knew that we would sell him in 3-4 years, so never really got atached to him, and his handballs didn't help either.

Wish him all the best, that's until we play Bayern of course.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
I don’t remember any Dutch players who kind of succeeded here other than Davids. I could be drawing a blank here so please correct me if I’m wrong. The ones I remember were all flops. MDL was never emotionally invested in the club. It was all about money and growth. We were his stepping stone and he never performed the way we needed him to. It was best that we parted ways before losing him for free. I’m sure he’ll win plenty of titles given the competition Bayern faces in their league.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
When we got this guy i was super hyped, yeah CR7 transfer was out of this world , but he was 33 .

And friend of mine who’s barca fan kept telling me like how we only can sign old players and stuff.

When De Ligt happened, i was like wow , we beat fucking barca and other clubs like bayern,psg etc..

But last 3 years he showed he has potential, but to be honest I thought he would do way better than this .

I liked him , but he was getting alot of salary and not performing at highest levels .

He might be good one day (3/4 years later) but right now i can name 6/7 better CBs at least.

Thanks for everything, he seems like cool guy though.

6 or 7 better CBs in Italy alone.

Good riddanc - we definitely upgraded with Bremer.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
And to all the saps thinking we got fleeced on this one I strongly disagree.

We bought him pre-covid and he looked like an absolute monster at 19 with a deep CL run at Ajax.

3 years on he has shown no improvement and nothing ponting towards him being a generational talent or even a WC CB.

77m (depending on the clause) is a fair price for a not-so-hot asset.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
To be honest, this is not by any mean the worst deal we have done with BM. Not even close of Coman, King, Benatia, Flash

We have been very bad selling for a long time so getting 67 from them after paying 75 and the bonus almost the same, far from ideal but not too bad

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Im glad he left at that moment, we would have really big problem next summer if he stays. Its also down to the fact i think he has never really compensated nor the fee or the salary he was getting him. The most notable games of his were vs Lukaku, but it seems all of those big ass defenders are able to stop him and he was basically non existent vs any defence of big club. Good luck to him though, he is a perfect professionalist its also good he communicated his will at the start of the window so we could arrange replacement. Probably will become monster CB one day it will take a while, but current level, he should be paid no more than 5m.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)