Matthijs de Ligt (87 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think he knew it was going to be like that when he joined, otherwise he's a bit stupid really. Bayern is a safer option for a Dutch, in my mind he came to Italy precisely to experience football with different tactics and learn from experienced defenders.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Can't blame him at all after the absolute shit we've had to witness for 2/3 years. Some of the worst football I've ever seen.

Even when Juve are at their best we can play what would be considered to the average fan as boring or safe.The difference is when at our best we make it look like an art form and we get results.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Can't blame him.
Ajax style is overrated too though. All you need to see is the total capitulation against ultimate chokers Tottenham in 2019 to see how that type of play can burst as easy as a bubble.

He might say that in a slightly derogatory way now that he’s going to be playing more attractive football, but the making of Matti will be his ability to close out games like the Italian defenders do. It’s so invaluable.

He’s a smart lad who knows what he was doing coming to Italy, very professional too. I wish him all the best.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Ajax style is overrated too though. All you need to see is the total capitulation against ultimate chokers Tottenham in 2019 to see how that type of play can burst as easy as a bubble.

He might say that in a slightly derogatory way now that he’s going to be playing more attractive football, but the making of Matti will be his ability to close out games like the Italian defenders do. It’s so invaluable.

He’s a smart lad who knows what he was doing coming to Italy, very professional too. I wish him all the best.
The team needs to be able to go all out attack and all out defense when necessary. Exactly why Real is the best -- they can catenaccio the fuck out when needed and all out attack when needed.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010

In other words, he left because of Allegri. No surprise there, and I don't blame him either. Chiesa will be next if we continue our obsession with this brand of archaic, park-the-bus, catenaccio style dinosaur-ball
He left because the team was not doing well, he expected more. Style of play is just an excuse

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
The truth is probably somewhere in between.
Agree the style of play is also dependant on how well team is doing.
Anyway for me he might be in for a disappointment, Nagelsman ideas looks nice on paper and all, but so far he wasnt able to implement them at all in general play. There is a small margin between an innovative manager and bullshitter who will do everything to look innovative but fucks up all the time. So far Julian at Bayern looks like he is the former.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
He left because the team was not doing well, he expected more. Style of play is just an excuse
Based on what exactly? I think he was quite clear in what he said. It could not be more blatant that this is a veiled criticism of Allegri; the Naglesmann part is him taking a dig at his former manager.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)